DVC August 2024 Sales Numbers

VGC went from on sale to sold out in 15 months. I know it’s small and It didn’t sell as many points per month as like Bay Lake Tower but i struggle to agree that it didn’t sell well.

It averaged over 70,000 points per month.
VGC was put on sale during the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression….. vs right now when the stock market is near its all time high and unemployment is at 4%…. strikingly different times to compare.

The issue is 100% price. $239pp & over $12pp for dues and TOT & a high point chart makes it the most expensive product DVC has released to date.

We also prefer the VGC/BLT villa size and layout to the VDH/PolyT villa layout.

Last edited:
I live on the West Coast and am a little obsessed with Disney. I keep looking at DVC. DW is too far away. I would only purchase a resort in DL. When my husband and I were there a few weeks ago we toured DLH. We both walked out laughing at what a bad deal it was (at least for us). The location was too far away (the monorail was down at the time), the dues with the tax made a single night stay not worth it even on points in our option. We can get a nice hotel that is closer for less. My husband even wondered what kind of value it would have when we wanted to sale. Only being able to be at one resort will take down the resale. Overall we did not find any value. My husband however gave me the OK to start looking for a good deal on GC and jump on it when/if we find one.

I live on the West Coast and am a little obsessed with Disney. I keep looking at DVC. DW is too far away. I would only purchase a resort in DL. When my husband and I were there a few weeks ago we toured DLH. We both walked out laughing at what a bad deal it was (at least for us). The location was too far away (the monorail was down at the time), the dues with the tax made a single night stay not worth it even on points in our option. We can get a nice hotel that is closer for less. My husband even wondered what kind of value it would have when we wanted to sale. Only being able to be at one resort will take down the resale. Overall we did not find any value. My husband however gave me the OK to start looking for a good deal on GC and jump on it when/if we find one.
Agree with all of this. I still bought though sine VGC is so hard to book. But right now Villas at DLH are also hard to book.

Yep. I was all in on buying VDH (I even started the “waiting for” thread here) until the pricing, point charts, and TOT came out. It immediately became a total non-starter. It’s not even in the ballpark.

I stayed in the Garden Duo for 14 points last week with some of my Aulani direct points (purchased specifically so I had something that would work for VDH). The rental rate at $18pp would be $252+ tax. For one person or a couple, I still think it was a pretty darn good deal given the location and that I got early entry.

I REALLY hate having to cross a major street. Takes me completely out of the pixie dust.

It will definitely have slower sales once PVB tower starts...but I predict that after a few months of brisk sales, DVD will end up making RIV more attractive again, enough so that its sales rise, especially for those buyers who are not dead set on needing or wanting PVB tower!!!

It is why I think we are going to see only modest incentives when PVB tower starts because of they hype! I am still predicting it to start at $239/point (to match VDH) and incentives at 200 points to $220, and then MB will make it $200...though, given that I think the first set of points for most UY's are going to be 2025, I don't know if MB is going to be that popular!

Can't wait for this info to come out in about 2 1/2 weeks!!! Well, that assumes that the October 1st date we all think sales begin actually happens!
One good round of incentives and I’d buy more Riviera direct in an instant!

I realized I already posted something similar a few days ago 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
It will definitely impact the product down the road for those that want or need to buy resale.

But, I am with you…I own the places I can stay at all the time…and most often do.

The thing is that I still believe their will be resale buyers when many resorts can’t stay places because it will be still cheaper than cash stays…not so good if one bought with resale value in mind, but I think it will still be sellable!
I can’t imagine come 2042 having resale points and not being able to stay at beach club/boardwalk, I think I’ll stick with direct for now….

Yep. I was grumbling so much during that walk. If DL forward wasn't an already a released plan I wouldn't have bought VDH. I am gambling that they will add another entrance.
I don’t mind the walk through Downtown Disney (once past security) when we go early in the morning. It has a “Christmas morning excitement” vibe that flows all the way through to Main Street….

VGC went from on sale to sold out in 15 months. I know it’s small and It didn’t sell as many points per month as like Bay Lake Tower but i struggle to agree that it didn’t sell well.

It averaged over 70,000 points per month.

Fair enough!

VDH is at 50k / mo over a similar period,
so you are correct. Non-premium direct pricing at the time and ToT probably explain the rest of the difference.

Fair enough!

VDH is at 50k / mo over a similar period,
so you are correct. Non-premium direct pricing at the time and ToT probably explain the rest of the difference.
I feel our society has developed amnesia about how bad things were in 2009 economically. We nearly went into another Great Depression, people genuinely thought that capitalism was going to fail, and home prices fell by 30-40% because people lost their jobs and banks couldn’t lend money. A major city almost ran out of money to clean their drinking water. Try selling a timeshare next to a theme park in that environment. And VGC still sold more than VDH is selling now…

Also, think about all of the YouTube and Podcast infrastructure set up around marketing Disney and DVC today. Not to mentioned boards like this.

VGC would crush VDH in sales if it launched today’s environment at the exact same price point.

I feel our society has developed amnesia about how bad things were in 2009 economically. We nearly went into another Great Depression, people genuinely thought that capitalism was going to fail, and home prices fell by 30-40% because people lost their jobs and banks couldn’t lend money. A major city almost ran out of money to clean their drinking water. Try selling a timeshare next to a theme park in that environment. And VGC still sold more than VDH is selling now…

Also, think about all of the YouTube and Podcast infrastructure set up around marketing Disney and DVC today. Not to mentioned boards like this.

VGC would crush VDH in sales if it launched today’s environment at the exact same price point.
All good points.

I enjoy the ongoing discussions and debates on how quickly one resort sells out compared to another. As you rightly point out, many variables can affect sales of any particular resort. Let's list a few (in no specific order):
  • US economy
  • World economy
  • Interest rates
  • Resort location
  • Resort theme
  • Resort amenities
  • Transportation options
  • Room configuration/mix
  • Cost per point
  • Incentives
  • Restrictions on resale
  • Public opinion
  • Points chart
I'm sure there are others. So far, DVC has sold out every resort it has built or added to the program. Some resorts may take longer than others, but they eventually get them over the line. Except Aulani :rolleyes1

Anyone expecting a big "clearance" sale near the end of RIV to clear it out, similar to what they did at Big Pine Key? Does it make sense to wait for that?

Anyone expecting a big "clearance" sale near the end of RIV to clear it out, similar to what they did at Big Pine Key? Does it make sense to wait for that?
I think its to early to make that prediction - DVC News calculates that its roughly 27 months from being sold out and there is a lot that can happen in the next two years - BUT there will be 5 Active resorts here soon, so one cannot ever be sure. I wouldn't wait for incentives that may never materialize - if the incentives that you want come along, I'd probably go for it. But that's just me :)

It does seem like heavily discounting Riviera would cannibalize Poly 2, but that might be worthwhile if Disney foresees any softening of demand, and maybe at some point they just need to flush out Aulani and Riviera so they can put their energy toward their newer DVC properties.

It is still pretty popular with cash guests so I think that has played a role in why we have not seem them be aggressive to get it sold out. However, if it were to happen, my guess is it wouldn't be for at least another year or so and by then, you will see a jump in base price...which may very well offset any "fire sale" that happens.

Remember, DVD can decide at any time to make a resort "sold out". They could say tomorrow (not that I think they will) that they wont declare the rest of the units and just leave it as is...and sell what points they have declared.

IMO, if you want it and the price is within a range you think is worth it, I would not wait too long.

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest