DVC “Confessions”

I confess that my original direct, large-contract buy-in was funded by an insurance settlement. Otherwise I would likely have never had a chance to afford DVC. So that probably makes me one of the imposters that is too poor to legitimately afford DVC.

“Welcome Home” sends shivers down my spine. ITS NOT YOUR HOME, PEOPLE, IN THIS OR ANY OTHER UNIVERSE. If you think otherwise, you need serious help.

Did not like GF studio in the Pine (whatever it's called...too tired to look it up) bldg.
Didn't like the layout and that little 'makeup'? area in the living area with the stool and hair dryer in a box.

The lighting around the bathroom mirror was so insanely bright that someone could have performed surgery. The walls seemed paper thin. We were in one of the small corridors off the mail area.

“Welcome Home” sends shivers down my spine. ITS NOT YOUR HOME, PEOPLE, IN THIS OR ANY OTHER UNIVERSE. If you think otherwise, you need serious help.
Ha....I like it! And I pretend it's home. :)
I even don't like when non owners and everyone gets the same greeting.
I want it to be special for Owners.

I have another dark DVC secret - I always take home the kitchen sponges (love those sponges) and I always bring my own toilet paper - I’m old and I know what I like and life is too short to use cheap scratchy 1ply TP! 🤪
I LOVE the sponges and am thrilled when we do split stays because I get to take them home. The 1-ply toilet paper is awful but unfortunately, we've changed to use it after we had major plumbing problems for $10,000. 1-ply is not just fine. As all the plumbers to our house said...."Never Use Charmin". Ever.

I LOVE the sponges and am thrilled when we do split stays because I get to take them home. The 1-ply toilet paper is awful but unfortunately, we've changed to use it after we had major plumbing problems for $10,000. 1-ply is not just fine. As all the plumbers to our house said...."Never Use Charmin". Ever.
Wanted to drop my suitcase photo here w/ said sponge. I have not fully unpacked from Aulani 😬 (I blame being able to come home with all clean clothes). 07B133B7-B64C-4CEF-919C-4B55B53A5EC9.jpeg

We have stayed at every DVC resort...except Aulani.

Aulani is too long of a flight from the east coast with a kid!
Stayed at Aulani and liked it a lot. But hate the flight from even the Midwest. We hate flights longer than the 2-1/2 flight to MCO. During that Aulani flight, I actually thought my husband was going to climb out the little plane window after the 7 hour mark. We are in the minority in our family and both adult daughters flight overseas often. We never accept the invitation to come along.

I have another dark DVC secret - I always take home the kitchen sponges (love those sponges) and I always bring my own toilet paper - I’m old and I know what I like and life is too short to use cheap scratchy 1ply TP! 🤪
Bringing your own TP shouldn't be a confession. It's just being a savvy DVC owner :) . Life is definitely too short for they stuff they provide!!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest