Driving vs. the bus

bethbuchall

DIS Veteran
We're driving to WDW in August, so we'll have the car there this time. I've never minded the buses on past trips, but I'm trying to decide if I should plan to drive to the parks instead of using the buses since we'll have the car there. We're staying at Pop Century in case that matters. I'd like to know in general if taking the car is better and also in particular, would the car be a much better choice for either of these days:

DHS for AM EMH - I'd like to arrive between 6:00 and 6:15 based on what I've been reading. Then we'd likely hop to Epcot. If driving, would you move the car, too, or just head back to the DHS parking lot at the end of the night?

EMM at MK then to AK for our FastPasses starting 11:50-12:50, then my daughter needs to be back to Pop for DME time of 6:05.

I'm already planning to drive to the water parks.

Thank you for any insight that you can give me.

Buses will be running earlier than DHS EMH, but You have more control of you drive. Move the car. Why go all the way back to DHS just for the car.

Take the bus to MK. Be at the bus stop before 6:30. Driving requires additional travel time. Then take the bus to AK. Is your daughter's flight at 6:05, or is that when you expect her DME pickup to be scheduled?

Buses will be running earlier than DHS EMH, but You have more control of you drive. Move the car. Why go all the way back to DHS just for the car.

Take the bus to MK. Be at the bus stop before 6:30. Driving requires additional travel time. Then take the bus to AK. Is your daughter's flight at 6:05, or is that when you expect her DME pickup to be scheduled?
Thank you. Her flight is at 9:30pm, so DME said pick up will be at 6:05.

We always drive to WDW but never drive to the parks. Once we get there the car sits (it's her vacation too). Taking the bus is just easier.

f driving, would you move the car, too, or just head back to the DHS parking lot at the end of the night?

Drive.

And I'd drive to MK, too. Going to MK on the bus is fine in the morning, but waiting for a bus home can take soooo long and I'd rather be in motion, on the boat or monorail, getting back to the car, and then out of the lot.

For us it depends who is traveling with us. Our elderly parents sometimes accompany us. They are troopers, but tire easily, so it’s helpful to be able to take them back to our DVC unit as quickly as we can if necessary. And the grandkids are quite young and we find using a car easier with them. But we use Disney transportation if either of these family members aren’t with us.

but waiting for a bus home can take soooo long and I'd rather be in motion,
OP not going home to Pop. Going to AK. Not going at end of day, going around 10:30ish.
So, bus to MK > bus to AK >bus to Pop.
or or
drive to MK parking lot, walk/tram to TTC, board Seven Seas Lagoon transit, cross lagoon > board transit at MK, traverse lagoon, walk/tram to car, drive to AK, park, walk/tram to entrance > walk/tram to car, drive to Pop.

We're going to drive down and have our car too. We're planning on using the car sometimes and buses other times.

We'll use the buses for the parks and DS ( I hate the idea of parking at DS now ).

We'll use the car when we have meals at other resorts and our down days when we're going to go mini-golfing, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter