Drive or Take Bus?

wenpop

DIS Veteran
We will be having lunch at Epcot in Japan the day of the Hoop Dee doo... I think around 1:30, so about 2:30 we were going to walk around the World SHowcase for awhile, Would it be better to head back to Port Orleans Riverside so we can drive to the Hoop Dee doo, or should we just take a bus there? If we drive would it be faster coming home then to take a bus to Downtown Disney and then take a boat back? I will have a 2 year old plus our 6,9,11 yr old...... any suggestions, thank you...

Are you going to EPCOT first thing in the morning? If so, I would definitely drive to EPCOT in the morning, and not deal with the buses at all. The close parking spaces are not much farther away than the bus stops at EPCOT. The buses are a real pain in the neck.

The only park I'd take a bus to is MK, because it takes you straight to the entrance rather than to the parking lot, which is a monorail or boat ride away from the entrance.

I'm someone who always takes the buses at WDW, even though we drive there so always have access to our car. However, I'd probably drive to HDD in your position, especially if all of the theme parks will be closed when you're done. You don't want to be holding sleepy children while you wait for buses and taking them on and off. Whether you drive to Epcot in the morning or take the bus is up to you and depends on when you leave. I'd probably ride the bus, especially if my car was parked in the shade at POR. I can't stand hot seat belts.

BTW, you can catch a bus from DTD to POR. I'd recommend it when your kids are sleepy. The boat is lovely, but it's slow. It can also be pretty chilly at night even when it's pleasant outside, and that may not go over well with cranky tired children.

I would definitely take the car to Hoop De Doo. What a nightmare to get back after :rolleyes: especially with tired kids

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter