Door safety/security at DLH

being-dragged-to-DL

You can have Johnny Depp... I want Jack Sparrow!
Can anyone tell me what kind of LOCKS are on the room doors at the Disneyland hotel? I dont like the ones where the staff can use a key and get in if you are sleeping. I like either a chain or one of those bars that flips around instead of a chain. Do I need to plan on bringing something with me for this purpose? We'll be on the 6th floor or higher, so windows wont bother me. (The gal on the phone at DLH acted like she just couldt quite figure out what I was asking or why I would care about door locks.)
She's OBVIOUSLY not a mom.

Not familiar with DLH but I know that most hotels now have card keys instead of the old-fashioned keys. And almost all, if not all, have security locks of some kind inside.

They have key cards and bar locks.

being-dragged-to-DL said:
(The gal on the phone at DLH acted like she just couldt quite figure out what I was asking or why I would care about door locks.)
She's OBVIOUSLY not a mom.

Don't be so quick to assume that. She probably doesn't get a lot of people asking that type of question. Being a mom or not being a mom has nothing to do with it.

I don't think I've stayed at a hotel anywhere which didn't offer some sort of interior chain/bar lock. I'd assume they all have them.

Don't most hotels have deadbolts as well as some kinda security chain/bar. I think you are being overly paranoid it's not like disneyland is in the middle of the ghetto or anything. I also think the comment you made about the worker at the disneyland hotel was harsh, she's obviously not a mom because she couldn't tell you what locks are on the doors?? Come on. Lock your door and you will be fine no one is going to come into your room unannounced anwayse. If you have kids are don't have kids it doesn't make a difference you will be safe in your hotel room.

Security is very tight at DLH, well all of them for that matter. WE have stayed there with 6 children and never ever did I feel afraid. I just got back from DH, and I know there was a dead bolt of sorts, and I believe a bar that goes across too. But as mentioned , I have never felt afraid there, Not to say nothing could happen there, I have always felt comfortable staying there. I have stayed at all 3 resorts too many times to keep track of, and never had a problem.

Well, I am allowed my opinion... and you both have jumped to your own opinions about me as well. Have you not? You did not talk to the girl, I did. She was bored, could care less about my questions and did not put forth any energy to find out. Maybe you like paying $400 a nightfor a room and then not be able to ask about the door locks, but I personally do not. I expect some kind of customer service for goodness sake. And saying someone is not a mom is harsh since when? Get real.

DLH has the bar locks on the inside of the room so housecleaning (or anyone else for that matter) would not be able to enter if you did not want them to. Have a great trip! :thumbsup2

I did not pass judgement on you I just thought your comment was a little rude about the employee you talked to. I thought you judged the girl but you were right she was probably young and bored out of her mind. You spent $400 a night for the DLH?? I hope you are joking. I think you a caring mom who wants nothing to happen to your family I guess I just didn't realize that there were even hotels out there that didn't have locks and bars.

Yes they have the bar lock and also if you turn the handle up too you get added security at least that is what my dh told me while we were staying there... He said it says that on the door (I didn't take the time to read it though)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter