Doin it in Style @ The Poly! September 2010 Here we Come!!!

Wow! Less than two weeks to go....are you able to sleep??

Hope you have a GREAT trip!

Just about :laughing: Thanx, can't wait to go, wish it would hurry up and get here already :teeth:

Kona is the BEST sendoff breakfast. We usually do the same thing - as if all the Tonga Toast will make us stay longer ;) They used to have an amazing Mango smoothie too... but I think it was unavailable last time I was there.

The trip is almost here :) !!!!

We are looking forward to Kona Breakfasts, esp seeing as all we have to do is take a short stroll to get there :teeth:

We are doing Kona for the first time on our Epcot Day (Monday). Mark's going to have that Big Kahuna, I think.

I just wanted to say goodbye. When I get home, you'll be leaving. So safe travels to you and Dave have a most magical trip, and I look forward to the TR when you are back. :hug:

Thanx :hug: Have a fantastic time, will try and sub to your TR when we are over there, so I can catch up properly when we get back.

Its been great getting to know you too (replying from your post on your PTR there :teeth: )and hopefully we might get to meet next year :)

Tom had it and to be honest he is not a dessert kinda guy, but that sundae dish was cleaned out well!! :rotfl2:
I will dig for the photo to post for you! :goodvibes

Glad I could help with the cruise info - try to get a deal, you get a 25$ onboard credit if you book online!

Well, when we bought ours the travel scales were not all that "in fashion", so we got a fish scale. It is the one with the hook and you lift it. Actually it requires two people. Tom lifts it - I read it, :lmao:! Ours is really accurate. I weighed it, wrote down how much it was and it was within 10 dag (yikes, don't know how much that is in pounds correctly, but I think it equals a fifth of a pound), so that is pretty accurate to me. I feel much safer since we have it - NO repacking at the airport! ;)

Ooh would be interesting to see, as it sounds so yummy :teeth:

Can't wait to book the Cruise, keep seeing pics of the Dream, still can't believe its still looking in the skeleton stages when its maiden voyage is getting ever closer :eek:

I think my dad might have scales, will get him to dig them out if he does and do a weight test on mine. Hopefully I can keep below as my list of items keeps growing :scared1:

How many sleeps for you now?? You two must be just so ready to go!

Bit of catching up here... I realize it's kinda late in the game, but have you tried this transportation wizard? Handy little thing!

Transportation Wizard

Ooo the Yak & Yeti for lunch... can't wait to hear what you think about that. That's a place I want to try in January as DH won't even consider it for our trip. :sad2: Boo. Mmmm Jiko too.

Last day :sad: Crystal Palace... Les Chefs and Yachtsman -- yum! That would be a nice night to relax in the hammocks at the Poly and maybe catch Wishes. :cloud9:

Departure day - :headache: .... but such a fabulous trip you'll have had!!

How many sleeps for you now?? You two must be just so ready to go!

Bit of catching up here... I realize it's kinda late in the game, but have you tried this transportation wizard? Handy little thing!

Transportation Wizard

Ooo the Yak & Yeti for lunch... can't wait to hear what you think about that. That's a place I want to try in January as DH won't even consider it for our trip. :sad2: Boo. Mmmm Jiko too.

Last day :sad: Crystal Palace... Les Chefs and Yachtsman -- yum! That would be a nice night to relax in the hammocks at the Poly and maybe catch Wishes. :cloud9:

Departure day - :headache: .... but such a fabulous trip you'll have had!!

11 Sleeps :hyper: Super excited I tell you, this trip cannot come sooner, esp after the day we have had today.

Thanks for the link, handy little tool and you can be sure I will be checking that alot now that I know its there :teeth:

I am looking forward to trying the CS for Yak & Yeti, esp after seeing Karin's review from last year on the restaurant. I thought that it would be good for a CS lunch as we could get a quick take away but still be able to try the food you get in the restaurant :teeth:

Our last night meal should be good, we have heard nothing but good things about Yachtsman and what a way to enjoy your last meal then with a good steak :teeth:

I did a tips spreadsheet today and worked it all out, lucky that we have a dining plan as the tips work out to $460 for the whole trip, can you imagine the full total if we had to pay OOP?!?!? :scared1:

I can't believe how close your trip is!
I don't remember- are you requesting a specific longhouse at the Poly? Now that I've stayed there and actually know where the different buildings are, I'm curious to hear where people want to stay!

(We were in Tahiti, BTW)

I don't remember- are you requesting a specific longhouse at the Poly? Now that I've stayed there and actually know where the different buildings are, I'm curious to hear where people want to stay!

(We were in Tahiti, BTW)

We were in Tokelau and I thought it was the PERFECT distance to everything! Just the best location. But I also have to say in all my research, so many people mentioned just about every longhouse as their favorite! I don't think I heard one person say "(fill in the blank) longhouse sucks."

I picked Tokelau from the into on Tikiman's site and looking at the Poly map.

(We were in Tahiti, BTW)

I have put down a request for Fiji as first choice and Aotearoa as second. But honestly from what I have read on the Boards I don't think there is a bad LH and we don't really mind where we end up as we are just so excited to be staying at the Poly in general :teeth:

Did you like Tahiti? That's quite close to the TTC which must have been fab :)

We were in Tokelau and I thought it was the PERFECT distance to everything! Just the best location. But I also have to say in all my research, so many people mentioned just about every longhouse as their favorite! I don't think I heard one person say "(fill in the blank) longhouse sucks."

I picked Tokelau from the into on Tikiman's site and looking at the Poly map.

I agree I don't think I have really heard bad things either about any of the LH's So can't wait to get there already :yay:

Your single digit dance is just right around the corner:cool1:

I know, I can't wait til the ticker says 1 week :hyper:

Hey All :wave2:

How is everyone's weekend going?

Ours is so so, did not have a good day yesterday, more wedding stress :sad2: But hopefully we can get past it and focus on Disney for some well deserved R&R

Just went through my clothes that I am taking and am its not as bad as I thought it would be. Obviously there are a gazillion t shirts, but its not as bad. I didn't go through my shoes though and think that is where the weight issue will be, so gotta think really carefully and hard about if I really need to take all those shoes :rolleyes1

I have given up on my Disney Notebook as I just don't have the time to update it these days :( But I have been doing Word Docs of our Must Do's etc and have done all the Parks and some random must do's. I would upload a pic, but crappy Vista won't let me upload in the format's I have and I can't convert as I have none of the programs that I used to have with the old style windows :(

I finalised our tip spreadsheet and the damage isn't too bad, so we know how much money to put aside for Mousekeeping and tips. Although I have one question, when I was working out the tips, I thought you had to work out the tax (6.5%) and then the gratuity (20%), but Dave says its just the tip (20%) that you add. Which was is right? :confused3

Hey All :wave2:

How is everyone's weekend going?

Ours is so so, did not have a good day yesterday, more wedding stress :sad2: But hopefully we can get past it and focus on Disney for some well deserved R&R

Just went through my clothes that I am taking and am its not as bad as I thought it would be. Obviously there are a gazillion t shirts, but its not as bad. I didn't go through my shoes though and think that is where the weight issue will be, so gotta think really carefully and hard about if I really need to take all those shoes :rolleyes1

I have given up on my Disney Notebook as I just don't have the time to update it these days :( But I have been doing Word Docs of our Must Do's etc and have done all the Parks and some random must do's. I would upload a pic, but crappy Vista won't let me upload in the format's I have and I can't convert as I have none of the programs that I used to have with the old style windows :(

I finalised our tip spreadsheet and the damage isn't too bad, so we know how much money to put aside for Mousekeeping and tips. Although I have one question, when I was working out the tips, I thought you had to work out the tax (6.5%) and then the gratuity (20%), but Dave says its just the tip (20%) that you add. Which was is right? :confused3

Dave's right! You just have to add the tip, and they do give you an estimate on how much it is at the bottom of the bill you'll receive (hope you are talking about dining! :rotfl2:)

I have typed nearly all of day 2 yesterday, but I had/still have a lot of work for school to finish first. But I promise to update my thread with Via Napoli tonight. By the way, the food at Yak and Yeti was devine this trip! Hope you get to try it - go for the wok-fried green beans - they are :cloud9:

Ah that's cool then, means I don't have to re-jig the formulas. Thanks :goodvibes We are doing it now just so we know how much to put aside roughly, as the last trip we paid out so much of our spending money in tips etc

I blame you for this, just rechecked the CS menu for Y&Y and decided its a bit pants, so just this minute right now I made an ADR for lunch :laughing:

Looking forward to your update on Via Napoli :)

Ah that's cool then, means I don't have to re-jig the formulas. Thanks :goodvibes We are doing it now just so we know how much to put aside roughly, as the last trip we paid out so much of our spending money in tips etc

I blame you for this, just rechecked the CS menu for Y&Y and decided its a bit pants, so just this minute right now I made an ADR for lunch :laughing:

Looking forward to your update on Via Napoli :)

Finally finished school work! If I wouldn't always leave it to the last minute! :lmao: But I guess I'll never learn.

:thumbsup2 for the Yak and Yeti lunch ADR - don't forget to get one of their shaved ice martinis - YUMMY!!!!!!!!

IMG_7326-1.jpg

IMG_7322.jpg

:cheer2::cheer2:Single digits!! I'm so happy for you but also incredibly jealous.. wish I was going next week hehe.

Have got the suitcases out yet?! :goodvibes

:cheer2::cheer2:Single digits!! I'm so happy for you but also incredibly jealous.. wish I was going next week hehe.

Have got the suitcases out yet?! :goodvibes

I will be getting them out of the loft this weekend but we don't pack until the day before we fly, I don't find it difficult so it will take me about 15 minutes. We might take 3 suitcases this year but I don't know much about the new ME procedure for luggage. Having to put the bags on another conveyor belt seems a bit ugh to me so I was going to try and take them with us on the bus. Does anyone else understand the new ME procedure?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter