Dog fencing for campsite

AuburnJen, he quoted me directly...

And like I said originally, I have no problem with dogs under reasonable restraint, and even none for the few excellently trained ones. I'm sure MrsGus' dog is a fine pooch and doesnt cause problems.

I just dont care for the attitude, one I've seen displayed by people doing next to nothing wrong, and people behaving atrociously.

I know he quoted you directly. I also know that if you spend your whole time worrying about your neighbor, you won't be a happy camper and vacationer either.

Not everyone is a good dog owner, nor is everyone a good parent, person, etc. It takes all kinds to make a world. I am certainly not going to worry about my neighbor here at the Fort all day long. If I don't like their dog barking, I turn on the fan on my AC and go on with my life.

Sweating the small stuff causes ulcers and constipation. Why bother...?;)

Jen, read my 1st post on the subject, it is post #36. Note the tongue-in-cheek comment on the 'move' subject, followed by my real opinion on dogs at campgrounds, and problem neighbors.

Post #37 is where Stacktester seems to think I was ranting, and contains the direct quote of post 36. I'm pretty sure the comments are directed towards me.

I fully intend on enjoying my stay 12-16th, enjoyed my last stay some years back, and I dont go looking for problems. Should one arise, hopefully it can be handled in the easiest fashion.

It a 2006 Fleetwood Discovery 39L and we are still enjoying it.

We love ours! It isn't my dream RV (that would be a Discovery 40X, I love the floor plan), but for right now, it is the perfect RV for us. The guy that we bought ours from lived in middle Georgia and he had taken very good care of the rig.

Holly, i think you are looking for an x-pen (exercise). check out www.petedge.com . this is where i buy the majority of my dog stuff. they have excellent prices, good shipping and i haven't had any return problems.

you can buy an x-pen with 8-2' panels for about $30 (this is an old catalog i am looking at). extension panels are about $14 each. but, i would just buy a second x-pen for the price. they do link together. then you have to add s/h.

the other idea (which is what we did this weekend) is look for x pen on craigslist. i just bought a 42" (8 panel) for $15 and a 12 panel 2' for $30 off craigslist up here.

just check out petedge and see if that is what you want. then start searching. it may take a little while to find a used one (search all over your area). but, i think they have a hard time selling them because not everyone uses them.
I will definitely check it out and petedge.com and ebay.
Thanks for the info, Cheryl!

Jen, read my 1st post on the subject, it is post #36. Note the tongue-in-cheek comment on the 'move' subject, followed by my real opinion on dogs at campgrounds, and problem neighbors.

Post #37 is where Stacktester seems to think I was ranting, and contains the direct quote of post 36. I'm pretty sure the comments are directed towards me.

I fully intend on enjoying my stay 12-16th, enjoyed my last stay some years back, and I dont go looking for problems. Should one arise, hopefully it can be handled in the easiest fashion.

I am so glad you intend on enjoying yourself. I have read this whole thread, post by post. I also know Donnie, Gussy, and many of the regular posters here not by speaking to them on the boards, but by meeting them at the fort in person. This is why I said what I did, not because I did not read your posts. (Plus I don't need directions, thanks.) For someone who has so little posts, maybe you should lie back and wait before you strike again. Geez.

Is there a minimum post count for giving your opinion on any given subject? Somehow post count adds validity to someone's opinion?

I dont happen to like the "dont like it - move" sentiment, and it is my right to do so, regardless of post count. I have no problem with MrsGuss, or her dog, or you for that matter. Every one is probably a great neighbor. I just dont care for the sentiment.

Last edited by LarryJ; Today at 07:01 PM.

Last edited by LarryJ; Today at 06:56 PM.

Last edited by LarryJ; Yesterday at 07:50 PM.

Last edited by LarryJ; Yesterday at 07:47 PM.

Things that make you go hmmm.....popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

That is because the more I thought about it the more steamed I got and added it this or that to get the point I was trying to make across and your post just proves the point of my post.

No secrets here.

Larry

candy.jpg

That is because the more I thought about it the more steamed I got and added it this or that to get the point I was trying to make across and your post just proves the point of my post.

No secrets here.

Larry

You know..I don't think most campers care this much about their kids...but talk smack about someone's dog :dogdance:..and you're goin' down!pirate:

I think some common sense and a bit of treating people how you would like to be treated... would go a long way toward making camping with pets a win/win for everyone.
Personally ..I leave my dog home. He gets car sick. :crazy2:
Now..I'm thinking this is a good thing.:laughing:

:cool1::banana::cool1::banana::cool1:

I'm dancing, I'm dancing, I'm dancing......

Is there a minimum post count for giving your opinion on any given subject? Somehow post count adds validity to someone's opinion?

I dont happen to like the "dont like it - move" sentiment, and it is my right to do so, regardless of post count. I have no problem with MrsGuss, or her dog, or you for that matter. Every one is probably a great neighbor. I just dont care for the sentiment.

Obviously not.;)

If you want to be in a bull in a china shop, please let me get out of your way. I don't want to step on all the glass.

Dancing!:banana:

One of the controversial complainers has nothing to talk about, since said poster's yappy Yorkie made noise all day while the poster was away at the park, despite their belief that if they left the TV and/or radio on the dog would be quiet. Hey Pete, I think I've seen that candy bowl before, maybe at said complainers site!

Oh yeah, that was on a day we were trying to enjoy the campground and had taken a day off from the parks. We kennel our dog during the day so he doesn't bother anybody.

Camping World has 8 ft sections of fence (30 inches high) on sale for $45.00 a section until Aug 18th. I have a raincheck for 4 sections. The employee told us they have a hard time keeping them in stock. It seems they are very popular. I keep my boxer (she doesn't like fencing, prefers boxing) in a fence, hook her to the twisty tie thingy on her long leash or (wait for it) I even let her run loose in my screened in room! :scared1: I don't care if people want to camp beside me or not. If you don't like my dog move on to another site, just gives me a better view.

On Guard!!! My dogs don't like fencing either...they have trouble holding onto their tiny swords (Ha! Ha!). I like your sense of humor though!

Bargainpetstuff.com has the exercise pens for $34.70. There are eight 24" wide panels and is 24" tall. I'm not sure if that's a deal or not, but it's the cheapest I've found so far!

Bargainpetstuff.com has the exercise pens for $34.70. There are eight 24" wide panels and is 24" tall. I'm not sure if that's a deal or not, but it's the cheapest I've found so far!

that fence doesn't work, i managed to escape.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter