Does Pixie Dust Help with Decision-Making? A 2012 PTR! NEW! 6/30 pg.85

I agree, the DISboards probably generate tons of Disney vacations!

I TOTALLY agree with you, and I too am afflicted with the DISease! There is just something about the DIS that compels you to book another trip, and another trip, and another trip. It's that feeling that you have when you are standing near a ledge and you just feel like some invisible force is pulling you off the edge! :rotfl: It's DIS gravity! I succombe to it every time! And reading TRs and looking at all the WDW pictures here on the DIS is like having a chocolate cake in the house when you are trying to diet.... no matter how determined you are to resist, eventually you are going to eat it! :rolleyes:

LOL I think I might know a thing or two about the Joining DIS and More trips syndrome...just maybe :rolleyes1

I am a member of the DIS enabled more trips syndrome too! I came to the DIS on suggestion of a friend and just started with the main site, discovered the boards and holy moly! It's snowballed from there!

You are 100% right Jackie! I had been to WDW plenty of times before I joined the Dis but afterwards....that bug bit hard and never let go! As much as I always wanted to, I never thought I would actually go every year!:thumbsup2

Jackie, look what you have started!

There's something wrong with you people.
How in the world can a few hundred pictures make you want to spend thousands of dollars to go back to the same place over and over??? :rolleyes1

How in the world can a few hundred pictures make you want to spend thousands of dollars to go back to the same place over and over??? :rolleyes1

:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl: I nearly just choked on my lunch, MeMom!! :rotfl:

Yes! The DIS Boards definitely spurred more Disney trips on our end-- I remember the Dis convincing me in 2008 that onsite was the ONLY way to go!

I TOTALLY agree with you, and I too am afflicted with the DISease! There is just something about the DIS that compels you to book another trip, and another trip, and another trip. It's that feeling that you have when you are standing near a ledge and you just feel like some invisible force is pulling you off the edge! :rotfl: It's DIS gravity! I succombe to it every time! And reading TRs and looking at all the WDW pictures here on the DIS is like having a chocolate cake in the house when you are trying to diet.... no matter how determined you are to resist, eventually you are going to eat it! :rolleyes:

:lmao: I have that same DISease....

Jackie

I found the DIS in 07 while getting ready to plan our 2nd family trip in the summer of 08...I still remember my first post: a question about strollers :laughing:

since that time I have befriended some amazing and wonderful people I truly can't imagine my life w/out, became a DVC member and have gone on 4 trips, w/ 4 in the works :rolleyes1

but yes the urge to go elsewhere has been penetrating in lately...but we'll always return to our HOME! it is the one place we can relax (in that strange DISNEY way) :goodvibes

looking forward to hearing more about Tybee Island popcorn:: and what is next for your family and Disney!

J~

PS borrow away ;)

Look at how much those gorgeous kiddos have grown Jackie! :goodvibes I know I read the TR but would you suggest a 13th birthday trip? Our plans are for October with just the girls and I but I don't think that's going to happen. We have also have many "Real World" purchases. Ugh! I hate these!!!!!! So I was thinking about postponing until May 2012, which is when Morgs turns 13. Yay or nay? :thumbsup2

I cannot wait to hear all about your beach trip! Bring it on! :)

Hey lady! Watch who you're talking about now! I hate to break it to ya, but YOU are the ringleader of this rabble of Disney gluttons! :rotfl: In fact, I would dare say that you have a chronic and incurable form of the DISease :sick:, unlike myself, who could quit at any time if I really wanted to. :rolleyes1

I've got it too! I had taken 7 trips to WDW prior to the DIS, but it took me 33 years! Since the DIS (2007) I have taken 7 more and have three new trips planned between now and the end of 2012!

But I can't complain... it's not a bad addiction to have! Just a little expensive... :rolleyes1

I can't wait to hear more about Tybee & your future vacation plans. :goodvibes

I have decided that you are the Miss Congeniality of the DIS. Look at how many readers you have, and we all know what a sweetheart you are! :goodvibes

I can't wait to hear about Tybee. In the car today, Nemo says to me, "Mama, one day this summer, we need to go to the beach." I thought, oh boy. You've seen our fair skin, savvy? We burn in that sun! But if the boy asks, it shall be so. Looking forward to hearing all about your family beach fun.

I totally agree! And I totally need to get Charles on the DIS...maybe he'll catch the DISease and want to plan a trip together, or agree to honeymoon there. :rolleyes1 Can you believe he didn't believe me that people actually honeymoon there?! :rotfl:

I love the pics of the kids--little Connor and little Chelsea!!

I don't know that the Dis has caused me more trips...I think it is just fantasitc medicine for my DISease! (did mousescrapper coin that? :goodvibes)

:flower3:

Jackie, look what you have started!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Hey Pot- leave the kettle be. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I do believe I have taken more trips since being on the Dis too! Go figure. I strarted looking for room configuations so we could find room for a blow up mattress for either DS or DD.

Jackie,I believe that you are on to something!:lmao: I found the Dis when I was planning our '09 trip, joined after we got back. I started looking at TRs & got hooked!:worship: Now I'm here everyday & am planning a trip in Sept for my GDs & DH & I.

I will be going to Disney if I have to crawl my way around the parks.:woohoo:

I do like to go to other places, just not as well.
Doris

Oh good grief! What is wrong with all of you? I for one AM going somewhere else .......

Chicago!!!

and yes I have checked and they do have a Disney store!:laughing:

Oh good grief! What is wrong with all of you? I for one AM going somewhere else .......

Chicago!!!

and yes I have checked and they do have a Disney store!:laughing:

LOL of course you checked LOL!!!! You do know that I have a Disney outlet like 5 minutes from my house and a Vera bradley outlet less than 45 minutes away...so I think Austin should be on your list!!!

I did a count and since joining the DIS I have gone back 8 times with 3 up coming trips in the works LOL

Yikes Jackie...I am still catching up on the Dis and didn't even know your trip was cancelled for this year. In fact, I was thinking about you everytime I heard an update on Star Tours....I will have to get back over to your PTR to catch up, but I am totally game for hearing all about your plans for 2012!:)

And yes...you are so right. These boards definitely DO induce more trips. We are a complete bunch of enablers, aren't we?:rotfl:

Oh MeMom.....The pot calling the kettle black indeed! :rotfl:

I think my first post on the Dis was about the menu for Coral Reef and whether or not I could order from the children's menu! :)

The DIS definitely feeds the DISease...

I've been to 3 times since joining (which from Seattle, is a lot), DCA once and now a cruise in August! So 5 trips in 3 years...

:surfweb: I'm here! I'll try to keep up! It's so hard to keep up with everyone's trip reports and actually get anything else done around the house, etc!!!:rotfl2:
The Dis is definitely a disease!! With a bunch of enablers!!! I'm sure it has inspired me to take more Disney vacations!!!!:rotfl2::rotfl:
Can't wait to hear about Tybee!! My guys are beginning to want to go other places as well!!!! :scared1::scared1::sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter