Do you like an Accent

I like accents only if I can understand you when you talk. Otherwise, no. 🤫

I agree. I had a co-worker from Ireland. I'd met him a few times, exchanged pleasantries, and had always enjoyed his accent. Then I worked on a project with him where we had to exchange a lot of important information over the phone. The accent became a problem (and maybe mine was for him, too, I don't know.) We finally resorted to e-mailing. Accent is fine, even interesting, until it interferes with communicating. Then it's frustrating.

I'm from Yorkshire and Americans often think we are from Australia!
Then again I once met a guy from NYC who asked me where I was from. I told him UK, and he said 'Is that near Australia?' Seriously. He seemed to be clueless he was as close to us (virtually ) geographically as he was to San Diego and we were straight across the sea? How could a grown man in a decent job not realise this?

Scottish, like David Tennant speaks in real life, and upper-class British like Benedict Cumberbatch.

I like all sorts of UK accents, actually. I went there in 2001 for a vacation and when I came back my Mom and sister swore I had an English accent. I didn't hear it, myself. The only thing is that some British people speak very fast, and then I have a hard time understanding them.

Tennant, along with Catherine Tate's Lauren Cooper character:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter