Do I need to bring my whole dry skin regimen to FL?

TikiWiki33

Earning My Ears
I'm trying to pack light(er) for my Jan WDW trip. Coming from a dry, cold Midwest climate I'm currently using a handful of facial products on my dry skin (moisturizers, creams, oils, etc...) Will Florida be humid enough for me to leave a few of those at home? In other words: what do you middle-aged ladies use on your face in a Florida winter?

I don't find Florida to be humid in the winter. That said, I have extremely dry, sensitive skin and it really doesn't get a whole lot better in the summer. Maybe a bit. I have a very simple routine though. Do to sensitivity I can really use many different products and, though I've tried, have yet to find a product that keeps the tightness and flaking at bay.

So my routine is full on vaseline after a shower or facial wash. After about 30 minutes I towel it off. That seems to be the only thing that works for me and I've tried lots. I can only use Dove Sensitive Skin bar to wash also.

This makes it very easy for me to travel.

I subscribe to a subforum on Reddit called HerOneBag which is about trying to travel with only one bag. There are often posts about how to handle of the product regimins most women have. It basically comes down to decanting a lot into very small containers which seems to help with the packing.

I'm trying to pack light(er) for my Jan WDW trip. Coming from a dry, cold Midwest climate I'm currently using a handful of facial products on my dry skin (moisturizers, creams, oils, etc...) Will Florida be humid enough for me to leave a few of those at home? In other words: what do you middle-aged ladies use on your face in a Florida winter?
Hi! I've lived in FL my whole life and have super dry skin, despite the humidity. If you skin is naturally dry even during non-cold months, I'd bring the works.

I'm in Northern Kentucky and use the same skin care routine at WDW that I do at home. I do have dry skin. i wear the same makeup too.

I pare down when on vacation...unless I have sample/travel sizes. I will bring facial cleanser, a small micellar water, the CeraVe cream in the tub and Pipette mineral sunscreen. No serums, no alternating night routine, nothing fancy.

When I moved to coastal Florida, my dry skin did not improve. It's still so, so, so dry, year-round. I never travel with the whole routine, just the basics, but you definitely need something.

Now my hair does act differently in the higher humidity!

I don't find Florida to be humid in the winter. That said, I have extremely dry, sensitive skin and it really doesn't get a whole lot better in the summer. Maybe a bit. I have a very simple routine though. Do to sensitivity I can really use many different products and, though I've tried, have yet to find a product that keeps the tightness and flaking at bay.

So my routine is full on vaseline after a shower or facial wash. After about 30 minutes I towel it off. That seems to be the only thing that works for me and I've tried lots. I can only use Dove Sensitive Skin bar to wash also.

This makes it very easy for me to travel.

I subscribe to a subforum on Reddit called HerOneBag which is about trying to travel with only one bag. There are often posts about how to handle of the product regimins most women have. It basically comes down to decanting a lot into very small containers which seems to help with the packing.
Thanks. I'll check it out!

Thanks all! I find that tight/dry feeling super annoying, so it looks like I'll be bringing enough to keep that at bay, even in FL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter