DL tickets and reservations - April 15!

After I got in, the system asks you what kind of tickets you want to buy: 1-day, 2-day, etc... Then will ask if you want Park Hopper or One-day tickets. To make things easy I bought all my tickets as two day, but my original plan was to buy 2 1day and two 2 day passes.

Then you go through the normal purchase process. Once you buy your tickets, you're kicked back to the main screen, where you have to find the theme park reservation link. Since you're already logged into Disneyland, your tickets are already linked, and it'll just ask you who's in your party, what day you want to go to, then which park. And you're all set.

If I weren't so nervous through the whole process I would have said it was very easy. I do think they could have integrated the ticket purchase and reservation a bit more cleanly. They are two very different workflows.

Were you limited to a 14 day window with the 2 day tickets? Did they grey out days beyond that after you chose your first day?

After I got in, the system asks you what kind of tickets you want to buy: 1-day, 2-day, etc... Then will ask if you want Park Hopper or One-day tickets. To make things easy I bought all my tickets as two day, but my original plan was to buy 2 1day and two 2 day passes.

Then you go through the normal purchase process. Once you buy your tickets, you're kicked back to the main screen, where you have to find the theme park reservation link. Since you're already logged into Disneyland, your tickets are already linked, and it'll just ask you who's in your party, what day you want to go to, then which park. And you're all set.

If I weren't so nervous through the whole process I would have said it was very easy. I do think they could have integrated the ticket purchase and reservation a bit more cleanly. They are two very different workflows.
Do you have the ability to buy different tiers? I am trying to book two days, one Tier 3 and one Tier 4

Question! Need to keep driving. If I lose connection and reconnect will my queue place remain? Or will I start again? It says don’t refresh and that feels like what a disconnection is

Out of stater here...I'm planning to try to make a speculative reservation for post June 15, as that's what The Points Guy had suggested on their blog, yet people in here saying that out of staters should get out of the queue. I haven't read anything that prohibits out of state from making a reservation, just if state guidelines didn't allow you to enter at the time, you wouldn't be able to use it and would have to switch your date...did I miss something?
From my understanding you have to attest when you make your park reservation that you are a CA resident end it will be verified upon entry.

Out of stater here...I'm planning to try to make a speculative reservation for post June 15, as that's what The Points Guy had suggested on their blog, yet people in here saying that out of staters should get out of the queue. I haven't read anything that prohibits out of state from making a reservation, just if state guidelines didn't allow you to enter at the time, you wouldn't be able to use it and would have to switch your date...did I miss something?
This is controversial around these parts. You will need to click something saying you're a CA resident to make the reservation, which is the issue. At this point, if you're in the queue, there's no "cancelling" your spot, it holds it even if you log out, so doesn't really matter on that front...

Question! Need to keep driving. If I lose connection and reconnect will my queue place remain? Or will I start again? It says don’t refresh and that feels like what a disconnection is
As long as you aren't in private or incognito mode, and use the same device/browser... I think it should pickup your queue ID

When making your reservation, you will have to check a box stating that you are a California resident. That would not be the truth if you do not live in California... Suggesting people do so here on these boards is against the rules. I am not suggesting you will do this, but please no one else do this. We need this thread to stay open today and not get locked up because people are breaking the rules.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter