Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hello!

I've read through the last few pages of this thread and couldn't find the answer so sorry if this has been asked a hundred times already.

We check into YC in just over two weeks :) does anyone know if the refurb has finished and whether we are likely to get one of the new rooms? (Garden view)

Thank you!

Hello!

I've read through the last few pages of this thread and couldn't find the answer so sorry if this has been asked a hundred times already.

We check into YC in just over two weeks :) does anyone know if the refurb has finished and whether we are likely to get one of the new rooms? (Garden view)

Thank you!

:welcome:

I haven't heard officially if the remodel of the rooms is finished, but if not, it is darned close. So you are extremely likely to get a new room.

Does anyone know if they are done?

:goodivbes

Do you ever take Bonine, the non-drowsy form of Dramanine?

::yes::

It's only the really severe simulator rides that I can't handle (roller coasters are totally fine - no idea!) so I tend to just avoid them as it's not worth it for me. We have similar products to Bonine in the UK so we do have them on hand but these days am happy just to try things out once and then skip them in the future if they make me feel iffy! That HP ride is the worst *shudders* Thank you for the tip though!!

:welcome:

I haven't heard officially if the remodel of the rooms is finished, but if not, it is darned close. So you are extremely likely to get a new room.

Does anyone know if they are done?

:goodivbes

A pop-up appeared on the my Disney experience app yesterday asking me to put my phone number in to access Minnie van service. I did and had no problem ordering one today
I had the same pop up appear yesterday. I put in my phone number, and was prompted to a download of the Lyft app. Our stay starts Sept 2.

The bolded part is what I do not understand. PPs have indicated that you do not need any Disney cast member to do anything from a technology point of view in order to request a Minnie Van from the Lyft app. You use the app like you normally would; you just request the Minnie Van when you choose a vehicle. One PP said they took a Minnie Van and never spoke to or saw Bell Services. So I'm not sure why we are reading (as this PP did) that Bell Services has something to do with ability to take a Minnie Van.

I had some Q's about the Minnie Van service so I emailed Signature Services. Here is their reply to me from two days ago:

"The new Minnie Van service will operate from 6:30 AM- 12:30 AM daily. Once enrolling into the service with one of the Boardwalk Cast Members, you will be able to reserve the service through a mobile app. Upon arrival at the Boardwalk Inn, our Cast Members at bell services will be able to provide you with additional information regarding this service. The Minnie Van can accommodate up to 6 guests and are currently priced at $20. Please note this information and pricing is subject to change as we have just begun to test this service. We look forward to having more additional information to share soon!"

It could be Bell Services is just checking to make sure the Lyft app is installed, or it might be more. We plan to use the service, so I'll post when we return home.

(And a quick aside to the amazing @natebenma , a CL Mil rate popped up at BWI Mon so I grabbed it. Hoping to return to Stormalong Bay on a future trip. )

Last edited:
The bolded part is what I do not understand. PPs have indicated that you do not need any Disney cast member to do anything from a technology point of view in order to request a Minnie Van from the Lyft app. You use the app like you normally would; you just request the Minnie Van when you choose a vehicle. One PP said they took a Minnie Van and never spoke to or saw Bell Services. So I'm not sure why we are reading (as this PP did) that Bell Services has something to do with ability to take a Minnie Van.
This was probably true when the rides were complimentary for guests at those resorts. Now it's a paid service.

Breakfast, snacks, and desserts were pretty much the same daily. For breakfast lots of fruit, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, oatmeal and toppings, grits, cereals, some cheeses and meats, bagels, bread, and a variety of pastries. The pastries varied daily. Juices, tea, coffee, milk, chocolate milk. We ate breakfast daily and really ate well so it held us nicely all morning.

Snacks were simple. Chips, hummus and veggies, sugar/oatmeal/and chocolate chip cookies. Chocolate covered cranberries, gummy bears, yogurt covered pretzels, trail mix. Lemonade, a specialty drink I can't think of the name of, sodas, teas, coffee.

We were only around for 2 apps. One we ate at had this amazing pork and polenta. I swear I don't remember anything else I was so enamored of it. Lol. The kids remember pbj shooters and rolls, chicken nuggets. There was a chicken Waldorf salad, a faro salad, and a few other sides. The other night we were there we stopped just to grab some wine before heading to Yachtsman for dinner so didn't try anything. I remember seeing beef and potatoes. Not much help otherwise.

Desserts were pretty much the same nightly. Mini cupcakes, panacotta, a flourless chocolate bite, cookies, brownies, a Rice Krispie treat.

Wines, beers, cordials, sangria for apps and desserts.

I may be forgetting some stuff and didn't get any pics sadly.

ETA hours. Dh went looking for coffee at 6:30 and said it was dark, nothing available. He made due with the in room coffee. Don't know if that was only the first day. We hit breakfast at 7 when they opened. I don't remember the other hours but think they are on the first page link for CL info on this thread. If the lounge closed I never noticed because we were out and about
Thank you so much!

I did the pick a pearl in Japan to celebrate our 30th (Pearl) Anniversary. I got this setting on ebay (after my trip) (but you could get one before).

It is just a cage that you can open and put the pearl in yourself. The necklace string goes through so it can't open.

There were some less expensive settings like this, in the $15 range. I think mine was $30-$40.

I just went to that website. OMG, cute stuff on the Nautical Design page. What a great idea!

Just hit my 180 day mark and made my Advanced Dinner Reservations! I was able to get everything quite easily (most likely because it is a low attendance time ) SO nothing left to do but wait.... and wait. I am trying to plan a good use for our Fast Passes but really have no idea what we want to do... so we have some time to figure it out :)

I'm trying to find some info on the refurbished rooms. Does anyone know what buildings/floors/whatever have been completed so I can request one for my stay this coming weekend?

TIA./

I'm trying to find some info on the refurbished rooms. Does anyone know what buildings/floors/whatever have been completed so I can request one for my stay this coming weekend?

TIA./

Beach Club and Beach Club Villas are completely done. Are you staying at Yacht Club?

I read on the first post that the Yacht Club rooms have Keurig coffee machines. Can anyone tell me if it's the normal kcup kind of the 2.0 kind?? Or if someone has a picture or can direct me to a picture of what the machine actually looks like. Thanks!!!

Just booked Yacht Club for November 25th to 30th!!!! My husband has a conference there that week. We have stayed at Beach Club but that was in 2014. We are excited about staying so close to Epcot again. We are planning to see the candlelight processional and we are also going to purchase tickets to the mvmcp on the 28th!! We are so excited!!! It's just the 2 of us!!!

I read on the first post that the Yacht Club rooms have Keurig coffee machines. Can anyone tell me if it's the normal kcup kind of the 2.0 kind?? Or if someone has a picture or can direct me to a picture of what the machine actually looks like. Thanks!!!
Here is photo:

yc-beverage-amenities_2017-jpg.244970

This appears to be the model:

http://commercial.keurig.com/brewers/k130/

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter