• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Page 1157

We check in on Tuesday night, and booked as Standard View room. I called a few days ago to request a daybed room since my son and daughter really hate to share a bed. Today I was doodling around on the app and randomly clicked "charges" to see what it would pull up, and for each night it shows taxes, and then "Disney's Yacht Club Resort - Lagoon or Pool View." The nightly charge is the same so ... can I take this as a good sign that we might have a better room? I won't get my hopes up too much, just wondering if this means anything, haha. :teeth:

:woohoo:

That's what it sounds like, however, I have always been told that an upgrade assignment can change even up to the last minute based on resort needs.

Please let us know after you check in.

:cool1:

Mods, can you take me off the list for May? I just changed our reservation from the BCV to a club room at the BWI. I decided that for just the 2 of us (me and DH), I would rather have club level than a villa! Not cooking anyway, LOL!

Thanks!

Will do!

Have a fantastic trip.

:thumbsup2

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but does anyone know/remember what the fall AP discount was for beach club? I found the percentage range for last year (25-35%) but not which percentage applied to which property. Hoping to book a September trip and wanted to estimate staying there so we could walk in and out of Epcot for food and wine - tia!!

:welcome: to the thread!

There is a sticky subforum on the Resorts board with lots of info about Disney resort discounts. I know they have some historical discount info there

Please let us know if you ended up booking a stay here.

:goodvibes

Page 1158-1159

I looked at videos of the renovated rooms at YC. Do they all have showers no tubs? Just curious.

Also how big are the patios?

Thanks. :thumbsup2

:welcome: to posting on the thread!

As others have posted- there are both bath/shower configurations in the renovated Yacht Club rooms.

Almost all of the rooms at the Yacht Club have full sized balconies. There is a handful, maybe 4-5 rooms, that do not. If you are asking about the exact dimensions, I don't know. But now I'm curious, too!

::yes::

To avoid noise, you definitely do not want a room facing the pool. We had a standard room that faced the pool (right over the roof so it was obstructed pool view) and it was quite loud during pool hours because of the pool music.

Also, I repeat what someone else said: Don’t get a connecting room. Ours was connecting and we could hear everything our neighbors said when they were in the room. One evening they talked and laughed for over an hour. Had to turn on our tv to get some sleep.

Be aware that the Epcot and HS fireworks are loud. Big booms can be heard in the Beach Club room during the Star Wars fireworks and Illuminations. I guess at Disney it’s hard to avoid fireworks noise, but if your child is really sensitive, you might want headphones or some other noise cancelling device during fireworks.

:welcome: to posting on the thread and thank you so much for your helpful input!

Can you add me to the list?
August 30 to September 2 at the YC Standard View
Hoping that Food and Wine starts in August again!

:welcome:

Will do!

:cool1:

Has anyone had a recent BC CL stay? If so, can you give me an idea of what the evening appetizer offerings were? Thanks!

Great Question!!!

My Page 1, Post 12 Resort Club Level info could use some new photos and links of the concierge lounge offerings at both the BC and YC.

Would love it if some recent guests could post some photos or maybe point me to some posts on the CL FAQ thread with recent info about club level food and drinks. I don't get over there very much.

:magnify:

I don't think I ever got a date for your trip, Lauren. I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list. Better late than never.

Wishing you both fantastic stays!

:cool2:

Hi! Would you mind adding me as well?

June 23-June 30 BCV

Thank you! :flower3:

During our July BC stay (so excited!!) we will be leaving Epcot after Illuminations (9:00 show) and heading to MK EMH hours (10pm-12am). We LOVE the idea of taking the monorail but I am wondering about the time involved to walk to the station and wait to board. Will the line after Illuminations be CRAZY?? Would it be that much faster to walk back to the BC and catch the MK bus from there? How often do they run that late at night? Loving this thread and thanks for any help!

Hey everyone!

What is your experience with Room Requests being honored? We are staying for our wedding in 19 days. Booked a garden/woods view room, and noted at the time of reservation we *really* would like a room overlooking the gazebo (that’s where our ceremony will be held :)). I also posted on here a while back for a direct line to reservations, which I have saved and I’m planning to call the week of. Have you usually had a positive experience with getting a room/view you really want at YC? I’m so nervous our request won’t be honored, and we hoped to have some family members watch our ceremony from the room (will make for great pictures ;) ) so I’m just starting to panic now with all the wedding jitters setting in! TIA for your input!

Really just echoing what Dee said but Gazebo view was my request last time too, did it through Disney and Touring Plans. When we got to the check in desk (we never do online check in) I asked what we had been given and when it wasn't what I had asked for the lovely CM did everything she could and got us a Gazebo view, even upgraded us from garden to lagoon view. So I would definitely check in at the front desk and just ask politely to see if they can accommodate your request. Every time I've stayed at Disney I've checked our room and twice they've moved us. Once we had to stay in the first room for one night but then were moved. Good luck and congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

We are doing a split stay in August YC and GF. 2 nights at YC. I wondered if anyone could give me an idea of activities at the resort? Or just a screenshot of what is being offered currently? There is already so much between the theme parks and the pool but I was curious.

Hola, Amigos!

Just back from a week in Mexico, at the Barcelo Maya Grand, another favorite vacation location. One of the most relaxing trips I have ever had, despite my son having food poisoning on our second day and less than ideal snorkeling conditions.

Finally made it to Chichen Itza after visiting the Yucatan 5 times- it was incredible!

Oh, yeah, and Dead & Company (3 members of the Grateful Dead and John Mayer) performed four nights at our resort on a stage at the far end of the beach. We weren't there because of the event like the majority of people staying there, but we could hear and see the concerts from loungers on the sand. The resort was filled with Deadheads who decorated their rooms with banners and lights, and our fellow guests were so friendly and chill. It was incredibly fun!

:hippie:

I'll spend the next hour or so catching up here.

Wow how cool, I love the Dead saw them in NJ last year. I would have been hunting them down :love: :-)

Really just echoing what Dee said but Gazebo view was my request last time too, did it through Disney and Touring Plans. When we got to the check in desk (we never do online check in) I asked what we had been given and when it wasn't what I had asked for the lovely CM did everything she could and got us a Gazebo view, even upgraded us from garden to lagoon view. So I would definitely check in at the front desk and just ask politely to see if they can accommodate your request. Every time I've stayed at Disney I've checked our room and twice they've moved us. Once we had to stay in the first room for one night but then were moved. Good luck and congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

So I had to use my own advice at our resort in Mexico, but I didn't have an acceptable outcome. The place we are staying has 5 separate "resorts" (9 buildings). One is higher end, the Palace, and there are 4 others (8 buildings) that are now considered equal tier. You can book at one and be moved to any of the other buildings. However at the time when we booked last April, there were two middle tier, which we booked at a higher price than the other two because we really like the middle of the resort location. When we arrived, we were placed in the furthest set of buildings. We calmly explained that we had paid more to be placed in a premium location, but they had no room in any of the four buildings in that category. I reached out to the social media manager while there and asked them to pass along my concern to the resort management, but I didn't hear anything.

We were essentially downgraded, with no compensation.

:headache:

Yes, a split stay June 5-8 YC, 8-12 BCV. Thank you.

I'll add you to the list.

We are doing a split stay in August YC and GF. 2 nights at YC. I wondered if anyone could give me an idea of activities at the resort? Or just a screenshot of what is being offered currently? There is already so much between the theme parks and the pool but I was curious.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1 (Post 15)

Speaking of Page 1- in Post 4, I post the monthly activities schedule. There is also a link to the previous activities schedules from the past few years, so you can see what has been offered last August. Sounds like what you are looking for.

:goodvibes

Wow how cool, I love the Dead saw them in NJ last year. I would have been hunting them down :love: :-)

My first time. I like the music but not a dedicated fan. It was so awesome being there while the concerts were going on. Even my straight-laced husband enjoyed himself!

:rockband:

Last edited:
We are here now in 2102. It has a wet bar.,refrigerator, large coffee table and a king bed and two small clothes closets. Bathroom only has a shower, no tub. This is at the Yacht Club. Have not seen a single dog at all. This is fine for two adults. There is also a queen pull out sofa bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter