Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi guys! Might anyone have a picture of the inside of a BC Villa studio refrigerator? We’d like to see if there’s any freezer space, and if so, how much. Thank you!!!

Hey everyone!

What is your experience with Room Requests being honored? We are staying for our wedding in 19 days. Booked a garden/woods view room, and noted at the time of reservation we *really* would like a room overlooking the gazebo (that’s where our ceremony will be held :)). I also posted on here a while back for a direct line to reservations, which I have saved and I’m planning to call the week of. Have you usually had a positive experience with getting a room/view you really want at YC? I’m so nervous our request won’t be honored, and we hoped to have some family members watch our ceremony from the room (will make for great pictures ;) ) so I’m just starting to panic now with all the wedding jitters setting in! TIA for your input!

Hey everyone!

What is your experience with Room Requests being honored? We are staying for our wedding in 19 days. Booked a garden/woods view room, and noted at the time of reservation we *really* would like a room overlooking the gazebo (that’s where our ceremony will be held :)). I also posted on here a while back for a direct line to reservations, which I have saved and I’m planning to call the week of. Have you usually had a positive experience with getting a room/view you really want at YC? I’m so nervous our request won’t be honored, and we hoped to have some family members watch our ceremony from the room (will make for great pictures ;) ) so I’m just starting to panic now with all the wedding jitters setting in! TIA for your input!

I assume you have a Disney wedding planner assigned to you (although i know nothing about disney weddings) - i would contact that person to ask about getting your room request. Maybe they have some pull.

I’m so nervous our request won’t be honored, and we hoped to have some family members watch our ceremony from the room (will make for great pictures ;) ) so I’m just starting to panic now with all the wedding jitters setting in! TIA for your input!

Last visit to Disney, I got upgraded, but got the opposite of my requested view. Normally, the fact that requests are sort of a roll of the dice isn't really a problem -nice if they work out but no big deal otherwise. Your wedding is a huge deal, and gambling with the potential of a significant negative impact isn't something I personally would do. Congrats, and hope things work out!

Hey everyone!

At about seven days before check-in, you can call 407-934-7000. Explain about your wedding being there and place your room requests. I would not only request the wedding gazebo view, but ask for unobstructed view. You can also place other requests, such as King room or Queen/Queen, and floor.

Congratulations and many wishes for a very special day!

I assume you have a Disney wedding planner assigned to you (although i know nothing about disney weddings) - i would contact that person to ask about getting your room request. Maybe they have some pull.

I did ask my planner, but unfortunately she said she has no pull with reservations :-/

Last visit to Disney, I got upgraded, but got the opposite of my requested view. Normally, the fact that requests are sort of a roll of the dice isn't really a problem -nice if they work out but no big deal otherwise. Your wedding is a huge deal, and gambling with the potential of a significant negative impact isn't something I personally would do. Congrats, and hope things work out!

Thank you! I know it’s definitely a gamble. It wouldn’t ruin EVERYTHING if I didn’t get it, but it would be a big bummer. I guess I just thought early on this really wouldn’t be that big of an issue getting the room request, but now I’m second guessing that. Again, it won’t be the worst thing ever, they would just have to watch from the boardwalk some distance away.

At about seven days before check-in, you can call 407-934-7000. Explain about your wedding being there and place your room requests. I would not only request the wedding gazebo view, but ask for unobstructed view. You can also place other requests, such as King room or Queen/Queen, and floor.

Congratulations and many wishes for a very special day!

Thank you! I think that might be the number I have saved- I’ll double check. Thank you for the tip!

Has anyone had a recent BC CL stay? If so, can you give me an idea of what the evening appetizer offerings were? Thanks!

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to chime in and say that if you do not receive your request, before settling into your room, go to the front desk and see if there is a room available that has an unobstructed Wedding Gazebo view that you could change to.

Wishing you many blessings on your upcoming wedding day.

:love:

Hola, Amigos!

Just back from a week in Mexico, at the Barcelo Maya Grand, another favorite vacation location. One of the most relaxing trips I have ever had, despite my son having food poisoning on our second day and less than ideal snorkeling conditions.

Finally made it to Chichen Itza after visiting the Yucatan 5 times- it was incredible!

Oh, yeah, and Dead & Company (3 members of the Grateful Dead and John Mayer) performed four nights at our resort on a stage at the far end of the beach. We weren't there because of the event like the majority of people staying there, but we could hear and see the concerts from loungers on the sand. The resort was filled with Deadheads who decorated their rooms with banners and lights, and our fellow guests were so friendly and chill. It was incredibly fun!

:hippie:

I'll spend the next hour or so catching up here.

Last edited:
Page 1154

We’ll be at the BC again Dec 8-11th, if you don’t mind adding us to the list. Thanks!:santa:

:welcome: back!

Will do!

:cool1:

Anyone ever used inflatable pool noodles at SAB? Were they any good for the lazy river part?

Did anyone chime in on this? I haven't used inflatable pool noodles anywhere- I assume if they are fully inflated and work well in regular pools then they would be fine in the lazy river. I can understand the attraction for using them given the ease and economy of transporting them. I believe last time I checked at the Marketplace, traditional (skinny) noodles were priced at $5. YIKES!

:fish:

Thank you for all the info. We are excited for our August stay. It won't be our first time there but it will be super hot so looking forward to enjoying a lot of resort time this trip which we do not always get to do.

Where do they usually do movies now in the summer? Is it on the lawn or in the solarium?

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Beach Club/Yacht Club or BCV?

They seem to be showing the movies in the Solarium some days and I think back on the BC beach other days. Last August, it was Monday, Wednesday and Fridays in the Solarium and the other days on the beach.

:goodvibes

Hello Dee , I have almost forgot to ask you to add me to the Be our Guest list for this summer . I will be there June 25 thru July 10 .
Thanks again , Michael . Have A Magical Day .

So glad to hear about your upcoming trip.

I'll add you to the list. Beach Club or Yacht Club? Or both?

:woohoo:

:banana::banana::banana:

Page 1155

These aren't great pictures, but you get the idea! Took these in December for our Christmas trip. I, for one, am THRILLED that there are new loungers! I found them to be quite comfy. :)

Thanks so much for posting these pictures!

:thumbsup2

Now that I have done some research I think a walker/rollator will be the way to go.. I can fold it like stroller on the busses and use it in the parks, in line, and can sit and rest whenever I need a breather..

That sounds like a great solution! I am going to add this as a suggestion/option in the FAQ section about mobility issues.

Are you purchasing one and bringing it or are you renting one? I know that really decent ones are around $100 to buy. We got one for my dad in October. We purchased a drink holder (around $6) for it and I guess all of his pals in his retirement community are jealous.

Hi all - first time Beach Club stayer and just booked for an extended Memorial Day Weekend trip. :yay::yay::yay:

Questions:

1. Is there a place inside the resort that we can refill our mugs? Or is it similar to Boardwalk in that we have to go outside to find a place?

2. We booked Standard View - daughter has advanced ADHD and is particularly sensitive to noise. Any room recommendations that wouldn't also be too far of a walk to the exit either to the pool or walkway to DHS/Epcot?

3. I read on the first page that the approximate walk to DHS is about a mile - give or take a few minutes via the shortcut through the BWI clown pool. Being its Memorial Day Weekend, I'm assuming the lines for the boat will be that much more crowded. Will it likely be faster to walk it?

4. Is the pool still sand bottomed? Reason I ask is that I've asked someone whose gone in the past to Yacht Club and they don't recall sand at all.

TIA!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

I believe others have answered your questions, but if you need any additional info, let us know.

Last edited:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

I believe others have answered your questions, but if you need any additional info, let us know.

Thank you everyone has been great - but we changed our plans and are staying at the Polynesian now instead. We'll be back to the area for a stay at the BWI in November. :)

Page 1156

What's that, you say? My signature has changed??? Why, yes it has!!! :D

Dee, please add us to Be Our Guest for June 7 - 12 at YC's CL! We were going to try BWI, but I had a quick solo trip this past weekend, during which I worked on changing our rates to Bounceback. BWI didn't have any regular CL rooms available, but I got a DANDY rate for YC! So we're going back to POR, where it all began, on June 2, then we'll move to YC for five nights on June 7.

I was afraid DS might be disappointed about BWI, but his response was, "Yacht Club is home. And that clown pool really DOES creep me out..." Word.

:sail:

Will do!

Awesome ticker in your signature!

Do they have food & beverage servers at SAB or do we just walk-up to Hurricane Hannah's? Thanks so much!

:welcome: to the thread!

Do you have an upcoming stay booked?

Is it still a Cuisinart single coffee machine in Beach Club rooms, or a Keurig? Are they good about replenishing the supply of coffee each day? We've stayed at (non-Disney) hotels before that have a Keurig, but sometimes they did not restock the pods consistently.

When is your trip?

As others suggested, you can get extra pods by leaving a note or contacting housekeeping directly.

::yes::

Is there anyone else not getting alerts to new posts in this thread? For the last 2 weeks I've only gotten alerts from 1 thread and that's the one about POFQ. I intentionally posted to this thread so I could receive an alert whenever something is added. I have got some catching up to do. Hopefully this post reactivated my alerts. Lol.

Thanks for the info on clicking watched threads. I'll just have to do that from now on. By alerts, I meant in the upper right hand corner it would keep a count for me. Funny though all the messages that you all left were in alerts. Maybe I just need to keep posting for it to send them my way. Lol

Let us know if any of the suggestions given worked.

One thing I have noticed is that if there are new posts to a thread I am watching, I just get 1 alert. So my counter will show "1" and the name of the first new post to that thread, but nothing for the rest of the messages posted after that. Sometimes I miss the notification of posts on some of the trip reports I am following because I missed a new post a few days before.

:sad2:

We are coming next week! 2/27-3/4 at the Yacht Club. We have always stayed at the Contemporary and this is our first time at one of the Epcot area resorts.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15

:cool1:

I've ordered room service just for coffee...no problem. I think I called to order when I woke up and they were at my door pretty quickly, probably in 30 minutes. What a pleasure that was! We had a reservation for breakfast late-morning, but we certainly couldn't wait that long for coffee! ☕

Thank you for de-lurking to provide the requested info about room service coffee!

:coffee:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter