Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Weā€™re staying at BR for 2 weeks in early January and ā€œfor the first time in forever šŸŽµā€ weā€™re flying in and not driving, so weā€™ll be ordering groceries instead of picking them up ourselves. I was wondering if that $6 charge is per bag or per delivery and is the charge for delivery to the room or just for receiving it from Instacart or whoever? Obviously weā€™d tip well either way. Iā€™ve never had anything delivered to a resort before so Iā€™m a total newbie with all of this. Thanks!

Weā€™re staying at BR for 2 weeks in early January and ā€œfor the first time in forever šŸŽµā€ weā€™re flying in and not driving, so weā€™ll be ordering groceries instead of picking them up ourselves. I was wondering if that $6 charge is per bag or per delivery and is the charge for delivery to the room or just for receiving it from Instacart or whoever? Obviously weā€™d tip well either way. Iā€™ve never had anything delivered to a resort before so Iā€™m a total newbie with all of this. Thanks!
It's $6 per order if you have it delivered to your room.

so weā€™ll be ordering groceries instead of picking them up ourselves.
Just make sure that you are using a local delivery service and not having your items shipped. If the grocery items are shipped you may incur a fee per package that is not just a single $6 delivery fee for Bell Services to deliver 1 or a dozen items to your room.

Also as a reminder the CM does not receive any of the $6 delivery fee. There is no fee if you pickup your items from BS directly.

Dave

Just make sure that you are using a local delivery service and not having your items shipped. If the grocery items are shipped you may incur a fee per package that is not just a single $6 delivery fee for Bell Services to deliver 1 or a dozen items to your room.

Also as a reminder the CM does not receive any of the $6 delivery fee. There is no fee if you pickup your items from BS directly.

Dave
Good point!
The poster said "per bag or per delivery" so I did assume local delivery such as Instacart etc.

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJhhePRJDLUsCIxzlP7ZjdahV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJh_K0q-1RVOk3XbG7gFwoikrnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJjSVNBdec2n0cA9b_rHuv8EV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJj7lh3gG7sJ3ZCQlNfMUu5KqCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw

@kimmar067, is that a mini-fridge? Does it have a freezer section? Trying to figure out what the situation is with DVC studios now (realizing they may all be different).

GC and Kim: what have you noticed in the exterior refurbishments? Any problems with workers on your balconies or anything interfering with the peacefulness of our beloved lodge?

GC and Kim: what have you noticed in the exterior refurbishments? Any problems with workers on your balconies or anything interfering with the peacefulness of our beloved lodge?
On the main lodge side there are no visible refurbishments. Boulder Ridge had a few lifts set up on the pool courtyard side but the influence of them was minimal. The lodge appears to be in great shape and ready for the summer.

On the main lodge side there are no visible refurbishments. Boulder Ridge had a few lifts set up on the pool courtyard side but the influence of them was minimal. The lodge appears to be in great shape and ready for the summer.
Thanks, GC! Iā€™m curious as to why they list the exterior refurbs on the villas as lasting through December. I guess Iā€™ll just keep checking until my November trip :)

Are there umbrellas over lounge chairs at Bolder Ridge Cove pool?
I can see some over tables and chairs but I canā€™t find any photos of any over lounge chairs.

I can see some over tables and chairs but I canā€™t find any photos of any over lounge chairs.
When we were there in Nov. 2023 there were. I have fair skin and always seek out an umbrella. I know when you walk into the gate and take a right there is a group of chairs with a few umbrellas. This is our view from Copper Creek looking to the BR pool so itā€™s a little far. If you zoom in you can see the chairs with some umbrellas to the right of the hot tub. There are also some other scattered around but I canā€™t tell if they are table or chairs. IMG_4026.jpeg

There are four cabanas that provide shade that are open for anyone to use. There are shady areas to sit in, especially later in the afternoon. The umbrellas are over the tables and you can pull a lounge chair to the table for shade. :)

Yes. There are some but not a lot. Like others have said there are FCFS cabanas and you can always move a lounger next to a table area.

In this pic you can see the umbrellas are posted in between the loungers and directly over chairs.
1718716467454.jpeg

WL friends, reading this post with great interest as my wife and I are visiting in July and are booked for water view room. I would like to avoid a ground floor room if possible. So based on what I'm reading here, a room request may not be necessary as water view rooms are not located on the ground floor? Thanks for the insight/intel. This community is simply amazing!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter