Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
What time does the first/earliest boat run to Magic Kingdom? Is it better off to take a bus? I want to get there as early as possible for RD. First time staying at Wilderness Lodge, having trouble figuring out how to get there as early as possible 🙃
The boat starts running 30 minutes before park opening. If you get on the first boat then you will get there at least ten minutes before park opening. The second boat might get you there before park opening, too. I've seen a second boat waiting for the first boat to load.

The buses start to run a little earlier and only take five minutes to get to the bus depot.

The boat starts running 30 minutes before park opening. If you get on the first boat then you will get there at least ten minutes before park opening. The second boat might get you there before park opening, too. I've seen a second boat waiting for the first boat to load.

The buses start to run a little earlier and only take five minutes to get to the bus depot.
This may vary. In mid-July they were running at least an hour before park opening -- I missed the first boat, but the second boat still had me through the gates ~30 minutes prior to rope drop.

Buses are probably a slightly safer bet, but I just love those resort launches!

This may vary. In mid-July they were running at least an hour before park opening -- I missed the first boat, but the second boat still had me through the gates ~30 minutes prior to rope drop.

I hope they continue to run the boats earlier than 30 minutes before park opening. I always thought that 30 minutes before park open was too late. We love the boats, too. :)

We'll be there next month to check it out. :)

Similar experience two weeks ago. We headed down to the dock an hour or so before opening and were usually on a boat in 15-20 minutes. Some days immediately, and always made it for rope drop. We hate the buses, and drive everywhere else, but there is just something about the boat to MK in the morning, or anytime really, that makes the trip really special. I never tire of it, lol.

Similar experience two weeks ago. We headed down to the dock an hour or so before opening and were usually on a boat in 15-20 minutes.
Did you see if the sign on the dock now says that the boat starts running one hour prior to park opening instead of 30 minutes prior?

Did you see if the sign on the dock now says that the boat starts running one hour prior to park opening instead of 30 minutes prior?

Funny actually, I remember the sign, but don't remember the time it had listed. We were there from July 23rd through August 3rd though, and I know the boat was there more that 30 prior on any of our MK days.

Just changed my Sept reservation from 7 nights at CSR GDT to a split stay with 3 nights at CCV!
So we will have an ECV and I’m not sure how that will work at WL. Anyone have any recommendations as to whether I should request a ground floor room or would I be ok requesting an upper floor near elevator? Any specific room request suggestions?

Last edited:
Just changed my Sept reservation from 7 nights at CSR GDT to a split stay with 3 nights at CCV!
So we will have an ECV and I’m not sure how that will work at WL. Anyone have any recommendations as to whether I should request a ground floor room or would I be ok requesting an upper floor near elevator? Any specific room request suggestions?
A ground floor room would give you easy an easy exit to the pools, Geyser Springs and boat dock, but you would still have to take an elevator for the lobby, restaurants and the buses. A room on the second floor would give you easy access to the lobby, but I think whatever you do, an elevator will be involved. :)

O
A ground floor room would give you easy an easy exit to the pools, Geyser Springs and boat dock, but you would still have to take an elevator for the lobby, restaurants and the buses. A room on the second floor would give you easy access to the lobby, but I think whatever you do, an elevator will be involved. :)

Ok then...might as well request my favorite an upper floor room with an open balcony! After all I can hold elevator door open. Thank you🙂

Have a stay book May 8-14, 2022 at BRV in a studio and trying to determine if we should stay or try to switch to CCV studio instead. We are a party of 5, 2 adults, 2 kids, 1 infant, so we still fit in the CC room for now. This is also part of the reason of wanting to switch so we can experience the CC studio before our infant turns 3.

We have never stayed before at WL and have only toured the ground. Any suggestions?

I told myself we'd absolutely try a new resort for our late-2022 trip. I booked a Saratoga Springs Studio for a week for the wife and I (love the recent room rennovations there). Every day after booking, I felt as if wouldn't be returning to what I call "Home", and felt nothing but regret. Ended up cancelling the Saratoga package and re-booked at WL (with an additional day added).

Not sure what it is about this place, but we are both hooked. All the other resorts we looked at (Saratoga, Poly, GF) are phenomenal, but only Wilderness Lodge is able to capture that feeling of being home away from home. :earboy2:

Have a stay book May 8-14, 2022 at BRV in a studio and trying to determine if we should stay or try to switch to CCV studio instead. We are a party of 5, 2 adults, 2 kids, 1 infant, so we still fit in the CC room for now. This is also part of the reason of wanting to switch so we can experience the CC studio before our infant turns 3.

We have never stayed before at WL and have only toured the ground. Any suggestions?
You might want to do a search on Disney Boulder Ridge where you can get lots of info. :)

I haven't been in either studio but I do know that the Boulder Ridge studio has a queen bed, sofa bed and pull down bed, which is the perfect size for a child. The BR studio is also larger than the Copper Creek studio. The Copper Creek studio is smaller than the BR studio and does not have the pull down bed. But it is newer.

You will be able to enjoy all the facilities of both resorts, so you can't lose either way. :)

Last edited:
How did it go (the upgrade)? I've heard not to ask for upgrades, that they are more likely to upgrade if you don't. Do you think that is true? Can you guess why you were blessed with that upgrade? Could it have been because of an event you were celebrating? That's so awesome for you all!
We had no idea until we walked up to our room - we got a text that our room was ready and a CM met us up on the club level floor...we didn't realize what was happening and were super confused! I suspected it's because it was our first trip as a family, because we were later arriving (around 4pm), because we had a package for just a few days ("Kid Size Magic" or something like that, so easier to move us around), or we just got lucky? We could see the fireworks every night from our room, and we really loved the club lounge amenities.
Whatever their thinking, I guess their strategy worked.....we are booked for club level for our next trip, haha!

Here now, the sign still says the launch departs 1/2 hour prior to park opening. Unfortunately I doubt I’ll be able to tell you if they actually start earlier, we are definitely not rope droppers! I can tell you lines have been VERY short, crowds seem to be light. Mask compliance indoors has been surprisingly high, nearly everyone. Outside, where not required, is maybe 10%.

That sign, what’s on the website, etc, is part of Disney’s notoriously innacurate info about transportation operating times. It’s annoying because it’s confusing for guests and could lead to being behind the rope drop crowd if you really follow it, but must make sense for some reason. Maybe under promise and over deliver I guess.

Same thing with the buses - website and most Disney info says 45 minutes, but it’s usually more like 60-90 mins PPO.

My experience since reopening with boats around the MK resorts is that you’ll see the first boat arrive around 60 mins PPO.

As always with all things rope drop and transportation, YMMV on any given day.

OK, tell it to me straight. Just how terrible are the sofa beds at CCV? Is there anything that can be done to make them more comfortable?

Today I saw availability for a CCV studio at $100 a night less than my existing WL Courtyard King. As much as I want to stay in one of the new rooms (which is very much!), I couldn’t pass up that kind of savings. Especially with no discounts anywhere, and all the crazy new upcharges that Disney is putting out there.

80% chance this will be a solo trip, so probably the bed issue won’t even come up. However, my adult niece can get a military ticket and may join me for a few nights. I’m just wondering how prepared we should be, maybe switch beds every other night so no one is stuck on the sofa bed the whole trip? Just how bad will this be, lol?

OK, tell it to me straight. Just how terrible are the sofa beds at CCV? Is there anything that can be done to make them more comfortable?

Today I saw availability for a CCV studio at $100 a night less than my existing WL Courtyard King. As much as I want to stay in one of the new rooms (which is very much!), I couldn’t pass up that kind of savings. Especially with no discounts anywhere, and all the crazy new upcharges that Disney is putting out there.

80% chance this will be a solo trip, so probably the bed issue won’t even come up. However, my adult niece can get a military ticket and may join me for a few nights. I’m just wondering how prepared we should be, maybe switch beds every other night so no one is stuck on the sofa bed the whole trip? Just how bad will this be, lol?

There were days my kids wanted no part of being near each other, so those evenings I slept with DD on the sofa bed, and I honestly didn’t think it was bad at all!! I just asked DD (13) how she felt about it and she said they’re fine. 🙂

$100/night is no laughing matter of savings. It can add up! I would go for the CCV room, for all the reasons you state above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter