Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess though to us that was a better name for it before. Personally, Artist Point was one of the worse meals we had. Service and food both. We completely understood why it was always so empty. And Pointless. So I think majority is not agreeing with you here. A character meal is a huge improvement with much better menu offerings now. Especially with so many characters, you can't see anywhere else. Complete opposite of pointless.

I have very mixed feelings about the new Artist Point. I think adding a character meal at the resort will please those with young children, and I know that years ago, we really enjoyed the Winnie the Pooh breakfast there with our DD. As she got older and we went there as an all over 21 group, we really enjoyed hanging out in the Territory Lounge in the evenings, enjoying the peace, scotch or margaritas in hand, sitting in the rocking chairs, enjoying the fireplace and soaking up the atmosphere. So, as an adult with no children, or grandchildren yet, I selfishly want everything to stay the same! However, I understand how it will appeal to families or fans of character meals. I just wish it was a breakfast only situation so I can have my quiet evenings at TL back. :)

I have very mixed feelings about the new Artist Point. I think adding a character meal at the resort will please those with young children, and I know that years ago, we really enjoyed the Winnie the Pooh breakfast there with our DD. As she got older and we went there as an all over 21 group, we really enjoyed hanging out in the Territory Lounge in the evenings, enjoying the peace, scotch or margaritas in hand, sitting in the rocking chairs, enjoying the fireplace and soaking up the atmosphere. So, as an adult with no children, or grandchildren yet, I selfishly want everything to stay the same! However, I understand how it will appeal to families or fans of character meals. I just wish it was a breakfast only situation so I can have my quiet evenings at TL back. :)

I was wondering about TL back when this was announced, what is this like now? I really liked AP, and have no desire to attend this new character meal, but I am glad that it is something that seems to be drawing in people and getting good reviews!!

Thanks for the update. I’m personally not happy to hear this. Not what I expect for the deluxe prices we pay. I thought they were not planning on doing this for deluxe resorts! :mad: Bringing these home is always nice because when I use the soaps, it reminds me of my trip.not a fan of this- I love my toiletries!

Eventually, these will be in every WDW room.

Tell me about *531 in Boulder Ridge Villas. It appears to be a much larger room than any of the other studios. Anyone have pics? The * is because it doesn't matter what floor you get so I didn't want to specifically choose a certain floor. (It doesn't seem to be available on 5th floor though.) THANKS!

Dumb question time! We've done WL (our very favorite resort) multiple times and did CCV last trip, but we are going with additional family in tow next year and are giving BRV a try. Since ME drops out front of WL, do we just walk through that lobby (that'll hurt:sad:) and over to BRV to check-in? I assume they also share the Resort Airline Check-in Desk? I can't believe I've never paid attention to these things.:rolleyes:

Dumb question time! We've done WL (our very favorite resort) multiple times and did CCV last trip, but we are going with additional family in tow next year and are giving BRV a try. Since ME drops out front of WL, do we just walk through that lobby (that'll hurt:sad:) and over to BRV to check-in? I assume they also share the Resort Airline Check-in Desk? I can't believe I've never paid attention to these things.:rolleyes:

You will still check-in at WL like normal and they use the same airline check-in desk, etc. I love love love BRV and I definitely don't think you will be disappointed. It's one of our favorite places to visit, even on those trips where we aren't staying at WL. Enjoy your trip!

We are just back from 6 nights at the WL. It was our first stay there and we loved it! We had Nature View booked and we ended up in room 6030 with a perfect view of the MK castle, the monorail and the Contemporary. We watched the Electrical Water Pageant ride by and could listen to it (but not see the whole thing) from our balcony. We were located right near the elevators on that side of the building (Near Roaring Fork) and thought it was so convenient to get to Roaring Fork, the pool, and the boat. We had a little hike to the bus but it wasn't longer than about 5-7 minutes (depending on how quickly the elevator was running). We used the boats, the buses and using Uber/Lyft a couple of times as well. The decorations weren't up as of 11/13 but they did have the holiday mugs at RF. They were located behind the counter though and not out. We asked and they magically took them out from a bin back there. We found the resort to be super enjoyable and hope to get back there again soon! Let me know if you have any questions!

Did you find the elevators to be noisy at all? Or was the covenience worth the noise?

Got back from a wonderful stay at the Wilderness Lodge 12/6-12/15. Mom is a DVC member so we stayed at Copper Creek. I already miss the smell and ambiance of the lobby. Every other night they had some form of holiday entertainment and one of my favorite nights was relaxing with my wife on the 4th floor near the fireplace overlooking the lobby, listening the the choir. Just beautiful.

The only gripe I have (and I'm not sure if this is normal) is that they didnt change the garbage or clean every day. I was traveling with an almost two year old who is still in diapers so it was imperative that the garbage be changed. When I called about it, they told me to take the garbage to another floor which I thought was weird. Maybe DVC members only get cleanings every few days, but I was not aware of that before.

Other than that, fabulous facility and we loved our time there. I could sit in that lobby for hours...

The only gripe I have (and I'm not sure if this is normal) is that they didnt change the garbage or clean every day. I was traveling with an almost two year old who is still in diapers so it was imperative that the garbage be changed. When I called about it, they told me to take the garbage to another floor which I thought was weird. Maybe DVC members only get cleanings every few days, but I was not aware of that before.
DVC stays on points have a modified housekeeping schedule. If you're staying 7 nights or less, you get trash and towel service on day 4. If you're staying more than 8 nights, you will get full cleaning service on day 4, trash and towel service on day 8, and then the cycle repeats on day 12. You can pay additional money to get trash and towel service or full cleanings throughout the stay.

If you stay in a DVC studio/villa on a cash reservation, you get normal daily housekeeping.

Got back from a wonderful stay at the Wilderness Lodge 12/6-12/15. Mom is a DVC member so we stayed at Copper Creek. I already miss the smell and ambiance of the lobby. Every other night they had some form of holiday entertainment and one of my favorite nights was relaxing with my wife on the 4th floor near the fireplace overlooking the lobby, listening the the choir. Just beautiful.

Other than that, fabulous facility and we loved our time there. I could sit in that lobby for hours...

DVC stays on points have a modified housekeeping schedule. If you're staying 7 nights or less, you get trash and towel service on day 4. If you're staying more than 8 nights, you will get full cleaning service on day 4, trash and towel service on day 8, and then the cycle repeats on day 12. You can pay additional money to get trash and towel service or full cleanings throughout the stay.

If you stay in a DVC studio/villa on a cash reservation, you get normal daily housekeeping.

However, DVC villas reserved on points are supposed to have trash removed every day - the "excuse" for the security check that daily housekeepers perform in the cash hotel rooms. So I'm sorry you didn't get that service, especially with diapers in the trash! Did you call housekeeping or the front desk? If you called the front desk, you were talking to someone in a call center who may never have been to Orlando or WDW and doesn't know that DVC should get daily trash service. If you called housekeeping and received that answer, you should have reported it in person to the front desk and made certain that everyone knew you were staying on points in a DVC villa.

However, DVC villas reserved on points are supposed to have trash removed every day - the "excuse" for the security check that daily housekeepers perform in the cash hotel rooms. So I'm sorry you didn't get that service, especially with diapers in the trash! Did you call housekeeping or the front desk? If you called the front desk, you were talking to someone in a call center who may never have been to Orlando or WDW and doesn't know that DVC should get daily trash service. If you called housekeeping and received that answer, you should have reported it in person to the front desk and made certain that everyone knew you were staying on points in a DVC villa.
While they are supposed to take your trash every day, in all our stays they have sometimes taken the recycling, sometimes the bathroom trash, sometimes the kitchen trash, but not all of it. Housekeeping for DVC points stays are thus:
Laundry and Housekeeping Services
Disney Vacation Club Resorts offer laundry and housekeeping services. Daily housekeeping service is not provided for Members.

A 24-hour self-service laundry room is available at each Disney Vacation Club Resort. There are also dry-cleaning and valet laundry services. Villas with one or more bedrooms feature an in-unit washer and dryer.

Trash & Towel Service
For stays of 7 nights or fewer, Trash & Towel Service is provided on day 4, regardless of whether you're staying on a Member-discounted cash reservation, Vacation Points reservation, or a combination of both.

With Trash & Towel Service, Housekeeping will:

• Empty trash and replace liners in trash bins
  • Provide fresh bathroom linens
  • Replace bath amenities as needed
  • Replenish facial tissues, paper towels and toilet paper
  • Replenish coffee, sugar, cream and sweeteners
Full-Cleaning Service
For stays of 8 or more nights, Full-Cleaning Service is provided on day 4 and Trash & Towel Service is provided on day 8, regardless of whether you're staying on a Member-discounted cash reservation, Vacation Points reservation, or a combination of both. This cycle repeats for stays longer than 8 days.

With Full-Cleaning Service, Housekeeping will provide everything included with the Trash & Towel Service, plus:

• Change the bed linens
  • Vacuum and dust the vacation villa
  • Clean the bathroom(s)
  • Clean the kitchen/kitchenette and wash the dishes
For all stays regardless of the length of the stay, daily trash removal will be provided. Rental Guests (non-Members or Disney Vacation Club Members not booking through Membership) receive Full-Cleaning Services every day.

For all of the above, additional Housekeeping Services may be purchased.

Additional Housekeeping Service Daily Rates:
  • Deluxe Studio: $30 per day requested
  • 1-Bedroom Villa: $45 per day requested
  • 2-Bedroom Villa: $60 per day requested
  • 3-Bedroom Grand Villa: $75 per day requested
Additional Trash & Towel Service Rates:
  • Deluxe Studio: $10 per day requested
  • 1-Bedroom Villa: $15 per day requested
  • 2-Bedroom Villa: $20 per day requested
  • 3-Bedroom Grand Villa: $30 per day requested
Pay As You Play
With Pay As You Play service, you'll be provided with the following amenities at no extra charge at the start of your stay and during each Housekeeping service. After that, you may purchase more amenities for the following fees (fees are subject to change):

• Toiletries Package: $5 - includes 1 facial soap, 1 bath soap, 1 shampoo, 1 conditioner, 1 shower gel
  • Coffee Package: $3 - includes 1 package of coffee, 8 sugars, 8 creamers, 8 artificial sweeteners
  • Towel Package: $6 - includes 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 4 washcloths, 1 bath mat
  • 2 Bathrobes: $6
  • Laundry Detergent (only in 1-, 2- and 3-Bedroom Villas): $1 - includes 1 box for 1 load of laundry
NOTE: Rates are subject to change without notice.

When I stayed on points at CCV in August, they missed trash pick up on 2 out of 4 days. When I asked at front desk where the trash room was, they insisted that there wasn’t one.

Tell me about *531 in Boulder Ridge Villas. It appears to be a much larger room than any of the other studios. Anyone have pics? The * is because it doesn't matter what floor you get so I didn't want to specifically choose a certain floor. (It doesn't seem to be available on 5th floor though.) THANKS!
We stayed in 3531 last year and I loved it. I can't tell you if it is bigger than other studios since I haven't been in others. It does have an armchair, as it is a dedicated studio. And it has a window on the left side of the studio. The view is awesome. And you can watch Electric Water Parade from your balcony.

TWO WEEKS - 14 DAYS - and we are *home* again!!!

(sorry, my excitement got the better of me there for a moment LOL. You may now return to your regular DISBoards experience... )
Can't blame you one bit. One week from this morning we are waking up in our room after our first night back at WL :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter