Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

We love POFQ, its our favorite moderate, so nice and quiet and relaxing and when it is a full sold out status it still feels that way.

My friend and I decided to ditch the husbands and take a long weekend away to see the Osborne lights one last time. We tried for months to find a 3 night stay without splitting resorts and finally the POFQ popped up, a water view! I have stayed there many times but this was a first for my friend

I checked in at 9am, waiting for my friend to come in on the ME, the CM at the desk said they over sold water views and moved us to standard and gave us a credit back - we didnt mind as we were not planning on any time in the resort except to sleep lol

Our room was 7311, building 7 all the way to the left of the resort closest to POR, since its a small resort its still close to the main building. Our room was very run down, the beds were deplorable - so uncomfortable, the mini blinds covered in the most disgusting ick you could ever imagine (cannot even begin to describe how nasty it was), the furniture was so banged up and marred it was embarrassing. The sheets smelled sour, like they sat damp in the dryer and then folded and put on the bed - we stripped the bed and left a note for the housekeeper. Like I said, everything was clean but so old and damaged and worn down - didnt the place get a rehab not too long ago?

Housekeeping was great, left plenty of toiletries and towels.

Staff is so friendly here!

The food court was awesome - we had breakfast here twice and dinner once. The lines might look long but its because the food court is small and there are people in line to pay or get snacks etc - moves very fast. Loved the chicken gumbo, friend had the pizza and enjoyed it. Espresso and cappuccino was very good, love the scrambled eggs and sausage

I would def stay here again - after the resort has another rehab!

Oh, that's too bad that your room was so run down...This is my favorite Moderate too, and after staying twice in the last few months in DELUXE resorts during short stays, we're headed back to POFQ in April, and I sure hope the rooms are in better shape than what you found.:scared:

I hope that you tell them all that you found on the survey they send out after a stay, and if you don't get a survey, be sure to write to the Guest Relations folks and say something. They need to know that even if it's not a DELUXE level, rooms should be kept up!

I had a river view in building 6 and the room was pretty immaculate the first week of November... nothing run down or dingy.

The only disappointment I had was the housekeeping didn't make any towel animals. :)

Oh... that and getting locked out of my room after coming back with bags of stuff from the W&D Half Marathon expo. I had all my race pickup stuff and all the merchandise I'd bought at the expo and I got back to my room and put my wrist up to the lock and... nothing. Could not get it open. Thankfully the housekeeper happened to be doing the room right next to mine, so she came over and tried to open it with her card and nothing, so she opened up the room next to mine that I think someone had checked out of, and dialed a housekeeping number or something for me to call and tell them what happened. Then I had to wait a very long time, like 15-20 minutes, for someone to come out to the room to open it up for me and change the batteries in the lock. The guy was telling me that they were having a real problem with the locks lately. They had just had them all upgraded or something and the company that did it wired them wrong and it was draining the batteries like crazy. He said the batteries used to last like 9 months and now some of them are dying in 3-4 days.

I had a river view in building 6 and the room was pretty immaculate the first week of November... nothing run down or dingy.

The only disappointment I had was the housekeeping didn't make any towel animals. :)

Oh... that and getting locked out of my room after coming back with bags of stuff from the W&D Half Marathon expo. I had all my race pickup stuff and all the merchandise I'd bought at the expo and I got back to my room and put my wrist up to the lock and... nothing. Could not get it open. Thankfully the housekeeper happened to be doing the room right next to mine, so she came over and tried to open it with her card and nothing, so she opened up the room next to mine that I think someone had checked out of, and dialed a housekeeping number or something for me to call and tell them what happened. Then I had to wait a very long time, like 15-20 minutes, for someone to come out to the room to open it up for me and change the batteries in the lock. The guy was telling me that they were having a real problem with the locks lately. They had just had them all upgraded or something and the company that did it wired them wrong and it was draining the batteries like crazy. He said the batteries used to last like 9 months and now some of them are dying in 3-4 days.

They have discontinued towel animals in all the resorts....:( last year some time, I think....

They have discontinued towel animals in all the resorts....:( last year some time, I think....
Hrm maybe it was at the New Year. We were there the first week of December last year and I could have sworn we got at least one towel animal... but maybe I am confusing it with another trip.

I was going to be staying at ASSp, but I found a really good deal for POFQ so I booked a garden view! I'm really excited. I haven't stayed there before. I can't wait to start reading up on this resort! :goodvibes

118 days to go till I'm back at POFQ! :jester:

Please remind me, what time do the early buses start running to take people to their pre-park-opening breakfast reservations? I'm wanting to bus to the MK then walk to Contemp for an 8:05 res at the Wave. This would be during the week of 4/10 next year.

Thanks!

The buses were fantastic - we walked out the entrance to catch a taxi to make it to MK for our early morning 8am Crystal Palace, well there was a very empty MK bus waiting and we didnt share with POR the entire 4 days!

So we just got back this afternoon from a quick weekend getaway to POR and booked a bounce back for our summer vacation next year June 11-18. They didn't have anything really available for Riverside so we booked French Quarter!!! This will be our first time staying there and we are so excited!!
If any of you experts can help me with anything I need to know about French Quarter, I would greatly appreciate anything you have to tell me!!!

It looks like my solo trip is possibly turning into a mother/daughter or a potential nana/mother/daughter trip so I'd like to know how comfortable a room would be for three adults if my nana ends up coming with.

It looks like my solo trip is possibly turning into a mother/daughter or a potential nana/mother/daughter trip so I'd like to know how comfortable a room would be for three adults if my nana ends up coming with.

Two in a POFQ room is perfect...three is a bit tight unless everyone is tidy, but do-able...I wouldn't ever stay four adults in a room there, though, two adults and two small children would probably work).

But then, I'm a bit claustrophobic....when we come in April, there are 4 VERY tidy ladies, and we are in two (hopefully) connecting rooms. Having a second bathroom is a must for more than three (especially with one who take LONG showers!!!)

I keep reading this info here, but just wanted to say.....we stayed at POFQ Nov. 12-20 and got towel animals almost every day. A few birds, some mice, but my favorite was the giant elephant sitting on the coat rack shelf. I was pleasantly surprised because of everyone saying these were discontinued. Maybe it was just lots of pixie dust for us, or maybe it's just a rumor. Either way, we had a nice little zoo on the windowsill by the time we left!

I keep reading this info here, but just wanted to say.....we stayed at POFQ Nov. 12-20 and got towel animals almost every day. A few birds, some mice, but my favorite was the giant elephant sitting on the coat rack shelf. I was pleasantly surprised because of everyone saying these were discontinued. Maybe it was just lots of pixie dust for us, or maybe it's just a rumor. Either way, we had a nice little zoo on the windowsill by the time we left!

We had them, too. ;-) Not every day, but a few times in the past few months. (DD is working as an intern, so I'm visiting quite often! We'll be back next week!)

We are a family of three adults (DH, me, and DD22) and we fit fine. I'd suggest a foldup hamper for dirty clothes. There are only three dresser drawers, a shelf over the closet area in the sink area, and three hooks for jackets/robes. If you like to unpack everything, you might want to even bring a folding hanging sweater holder. DH uses that for his things so DD and I can have the drawers when we stay for a week or more. ;-)

We are a family of three adults (DH, me, and DD22) and we fit fine. I'd suggest a foldup hamper for dirty clothes. There are only three dresser drawers, a shelf over the closet area in the sink area, and three hooks for jackets/robes. If you like to unpack everything, you might want to even bring a folding hanging sweater holder. DH uses that for his things so DD and I can have the drawers when we stay for a week or more. ;-)

Two in a POFQ room is perfect...three is a bit tight unless everyone is tidy, but do-able...I wouldn't ever stay four adults in a room there, though, two adults and two small children would probably work).

But then, I'm a bit claustrophobic....when we come in April, there are 4 VERY tidy ladies, and we are in two (hopefully) connecting rooms. Having a second bathroom is a must for more than three (especially with one who take LONG showers!!!)

Thank you both for your help! I won't know if they'll be coming until after the new year, but it's good to be prepared! I think we'll be fine, if all three of us go, but we'll see. I can't get too ahead of myself just yet. :laughing:

Stayed at POFQ from 11/14 to 11/21 for the first time. (Previously stayed at other properties including Boardwalk Inn and Caribbean Beach Resort) This was by far the best trip we have had. Everything went so smoothly from the moment we got on the ME at MCO until we left. It was the first time we were sorry to go home! CMs and Mousekeeping were helpful and friendly....loved the quaintness of the resort and the beautiful details of the buildings. We stayed in Bldg 2, facing the courtyard garden....just perfect. I think the foodcourt menu could be expanded a bit but overall, such a wonderful time!

Stayed at POFQ from 11/14 to 11/21 for the first time. (Previously stayed at other properties including Boardwalk Inn and Caribbean Beach Resort) This was by far the best trip we have had. Everything went so smoothly from the moment we got on the ME at MCO until we left. It was the first time we were sorry to go home! CMs and Mousekeeping were helpful and friendly....loved the quaintness of the resort and the beautiful details of the buildings. We stayed in Bldg 2, facing the courtyard garden....just perfect. I think the foodcourt menu could be expanded a bit but overall, such a wonderful time!

We are staying here April 16-24 and I am happy to see so many positive reviews. :)

our brother in law and sister in law could not get a reservation at our hotel when we went 7 years ago..so they stayed in our room...(yes we added them in on the resort info) we were four adults and we had no issues...we took turns in the bathroom or washing up...like I said..we made it work...hope that helps too

Allears is reporting that Bonfamille's Cafe at POFQ will be operating during the busy Christmas season.

For a limited time, this holiday season, the former Bonfamille's restaurant has been turned into Scat Cat's Cafe! The cafe serves dinner nightly from December 21-30 from 5 - 10pm night. Reservations can be made at the podium from noon - 10pm.

I hope someone staying at POFQ is able to take photos/videos of the old Bonfamille's Cafe.

http://land.allears.net/blogs/dnews/2015/12/scat_cats_cafe_holiday_dining_1.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter