Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am renting a crib this trip. I know I will need to meet the vendor in the lobby. But, does anyone know if I can still ask bell services to bring it to my room with my other luggage once I’m in possession of it?

Leaving studios today after Fantasmic and the skyliner line was crazy. A massive group of 15’s was in it. It extended all the way to the closest row of bus stops. We are staying at music this trip on a unique offer code. We got a remodeled room which is similar to Pop’s - except the shower. They don’t have a hand held shower head and the single shower head is pretty close to a drip. Zero water pressure. Can not wait to return to Pop in September

Got back from Pop today. Had a preferred room, requested 60's or 70's but we got 50's building 1. Would have been great if we had a car but it wasn't too far from the main hall. We checked in Jan 28th, had online check in and got the message on the MDE that our room wasn't ready. It was about nine AM so I expected that. We dropped our bags at luggage assistance and picked up our mugs to hit the parks. It was about 2:30 that I got the room is ready message. We got back at nine PM and all our bags were there waiting. I wasn't thrilled about the locale, but never complained. Was fine with the fifteens except when I had to get something in the food court and they all seemed to think waiting in line was for other people. Two ran flat into my husband who was... standing perfectly still in a line.

Room was clean, nice. Had a tub which made me super happy! (Must soak feet after 24,000 steps). TV was nice, turned the heat waaaaay up because they had it set to like 56 degrees when we stepped in.
Skyliner was awesome! Even my fear of heights hubs was a fan. Would have been a perfect trip if we didn't pick up some respiratory bug on our sixth day. He got hit a lot harder than me so we were roombound for our last two days. Messed up our dining plans, ended up leaving far far too many credits. ;_; No complaints about the resort though!

A massive group of 15’s was in it.
Was fine with the fifteens except when I had to get something in the food court and they all seemed to think waiting in line was for other people. Two ran flat into my husband who was... standing perfectly still in a line.

What are the 15's? Are they just teenagers or a special designation of some sort (like cheerleader groups, etc)

--->
I'm new the board, and this is the first I'm hearing of this. How did you go about getting it? As someone from a resort town, I understand how difficult it is to keep enough housekeepers employed.

I declined mousekeeping on MDE before check in. The second day we were there I had an electronic gift card in my email. Very easy!

We opted out when we checked in at the desk. We got a $ 70.00 gift card. We called when we needed anything. One day I just grabbed towels off the cart. We put the garbage cans outside the door when they got full and by the time we got back to the room they were emptied. The only weird thing was the staff that came at random times to check the room. I had heard they were doing this, but I never found out exactly what they are looking for. I asked. The staff never answered the question. I pushed it, and asked, "your boss must tell you what to look for?" He still didn't' answer. I'm sure they must be told why they are checking and what they are looking for. Does anyone know what's up with this?

What are the 15's? Are they just teenagers or a special designation of some sort (like cheerleader groups, etc)

they are thousands of 15 yr olds that come from South America instead of having a big elaborate birthday party. They used to be obnoxious and really annoying but we had lovely interactions with them the last few years. You just don’t want to get behind them in line lol. They took up half of a Fantasmic section - bottom to top.we were waiting to cut across the stream of traffic to get to the bathroom after Fantasmic and they were walking and clapping - we started clapping with them and they loved that. When we finally crossed through them to the bathroom they apologized for delaying us. In the past they would have run us over lol

Yeah, we ran into the 15's here and there. I called them the pink people because they all had pink sweat shirts on.

We opted out when we checked in at the desk. We got a $ 70.00 gift card. We called when we needed anything. One day I just grabbed towels off the cart. We put the garbage cans outside the door when they got full and by the time we got back to the room they were emptied. The only weird thing was the staff that came at random times to check the room. I had heard they were doing this, but I never found out exactly what they are looking for. I asked. The staff never answered the question. I pushed it, and asked, "your boss must tell you what to look for?" He still didn't' answer. I'm sure they must be told why they are checking and what they are looking for. Does anyone know what's up with this?

Most hotels are doing this now as a response to the mass shooting in Vegas a few years ago.

So this is what I thought too but I stayed at AoA in December and our [resort transfer, not DME] luggage was delivered to our unoccupied room. Not sure if it varies by resort or is simply a YMMV situation or if we just got a bit of pixie dust.

I'm doing a five resort hop (over 6 nights) this March so I'm putting this to the test. Pop is resort #2.

We had the same thing happen in 12/2018 when moving from CSR to Pop. We didn't ask for it and fully expected to pick up our luggage at luggage services, but when we got there they told us it was already in the room.

We had the same thing happen in 12/2018 when moving from CSR to Pop. We didn't ask for it and fully expected to pick up our luggage at luggage services, but when we got there they told us it was already in the room.

It was such a nice surprise. My previous resort transfer from ASMo to POR in December 2018 I was told we had to be in the room for our luggage to be delivered (or pick it up ourselves from luggage services). It took about an hour which was the timeframe I was told to expect and I was able to do other things in the room while waiting (H took the boys to the pool). I'm really hoping Disney is heading this direction at all the resorts. Really ups the magic!

Edit: And Pop is Resort #2 on my March trip. Fingers crossed!

I have never stayed at resort. Want Best room in Hotel with No connected rooms. Can I request. What are the best rooms. Also do they ref ridges in the rooms???
The "best room" in the hotel is 3431 but it's a connecting room so not the right choice for you. So you might want to request 3434.

This would be ideal.

Did you have the Disney (DME) tags on your luggage or just something put on when you dropped your bags? We are doing DME to get back to MCO, but not on arrival since our 1st 2 nights will be at Uni's Sapphire Springs for a conference.

j

This would be ideal.

Did you have the Disney (DME) tags on your luggage or just something put on when you dropped your bags? We are doing DME to get back to MCO, but not on arrival since our 1st 2 nights will be at Uni's Sapphire Springs for a conference.

j

It was whatever tags that bell services at CSR put on them.

Most hotels are doing this now as a response to the mass shooting in Vegas a few years ago.
Yes, @Pyotr is correct. Sadly they are also looking for child trafficking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest