Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

We just got back from a wonderful stay. Love the updated rooms so much. We were already in love with the Grand but the new rooms were beautiful!!!

Also, posting construction pics from this morning. It didn’t affect our stay. We only did to go food from Gasparillas and stayed in Boca Chica so never noticed it while in our room. They were doing work in the area adjacent to this behind the shrubs as well (all close to the main building) but this is the area outside past Gasparilla

Attachments

• IMG_6149.jpeg
    IMG_6149.jpeg
    94.7 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_6151.jpeg
    IMG_6151.jpeg
    68.7 KB · Views: 48

We just got back from a wonderful stay. Love the updated rooms so much. We were already in love with the Grand but the new rooms were beautiful!!!

Also, posting construction pics from this morning. It didn’t affect our stay. We only did to go food from Gasparillas and stayed in Boca Chica so never noticed it while in our room. They were doing work in the area adjacent to this behind the shrubs as well (all close to the main building) but this is the area outside past Gasparilla
Thank you so much for sharing! Happy you enjoyed your trip!

Gasparilla Island Grill Gets Choose-Your-Own Salad Bar at Grand Floridian

Gasparilla Island Grill is located near the convention center at the Grand Floridian. On our most recent visit, we noticed the addition of the Choose-Your-Own Salad Bar with plenty of toppings choices.

Menu sign for Choose-Your-Own Salad featuring options such as Romaine or Spring Mix, with choices of toppings and dressings. Prices: with Chicken $13.29, with Steak $15.29. Image shows a salad with sliced chicken.

Choose-Your-Own Salad offers your choice of Romaine or Spring Mix with unlimited toppings and dressing for $11.29. There are two protein options that increase the price: chicken, coming in at $13.29, and steak for $15.29.

Cast Members will build your salad behind the glass per your requests, similar to Subway or Chipotle.

A salad bar with various vegetables and toppings, including cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, red onions, broccoli florets, chickpeas, olives, and corn arranged in metal containers with serving tongs.

There is everything from vegetables, cheeses, and sauces available at the topping bar.

A basket filled with various flavors of Ken's salad dressing packets, including blue cheese, balsamic, and ranch, displayed on a counter.

There is prepackaged Ken’s dressing available, typically used for the prepackaged salads, in case you want or need more dressing.

A basket filled with single-serve packets of seasoned seaweed in a store display.
There are also prepackaged bags of Monarch Croutons. Again, these are typically for the prepackaged salads, but you are welcome to add these if you decide you need more croutons.

Sign displaying hours of operation for Gasparilla Island Grill, including Grab 'n' Go, breakfast, lunch, dinner, and late-night Grab 'n' Go options, from 6:00 am to 12:00 am.

Gasparilla Island Grill is the quick-service food location for the Grand Floridian. It is open to guests from 6 a.m. through 12 a.m.

Please can someone advise if a birthday banner can be placed on the doors (with blu tack). Would this be allowed or would mousekeeping remove it? I wanted to have a personlised door banner made for the occasion of my nephew's 18th birthday trip to the Grand Floridian.

Please can someone advise if a birthday banner can be placed on the doors (with blu tack). Would this be allowed or would mousekeeping remove it? I wanted to have a personlised door banner made for the occasion of my nephew's 18th birthday trip to the Grand Floridian.
Humm. Not sure about Deluxe resorts/DVC resorts. From what I’ve heard, it’s frowned upon, but I’ve never personally tried it, asked about it or saw any doors decorated at The Grand. I would suggest asking a CM when you arrive. If they say no, I’m sure you can find a place to put it inside the room! Maybe someone who has asked at the resort will share their experience. Enjoy!

Humm. Not sure about Deluxe resorts/DVC resorts. From what I’ve heard, it’s frowned upon, but I’ve never personally tried it, asked about it or saw any doors decorated at The Grand. I would suggest asking a CM when you arrive. If they say no, I’m sure you can find a place to put it inside the room! Maybe someone who has asked at the resort will share their experience. Enjoy!
I appreciated that may be the case. In the room it is 😁

NEW Merchandise at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

Curiouser Clothiers New Merchandise

Curiouser Clothiers in Disney’s Grand Floridian has tons of new merchandise! Let’s jump right in with the Disney Spa Collection!

Disney Spa Collection

Pamper yourself with the Disney Spa Body Polish for $35

Disney Spa Collection

…the Disney Spa Body Cream for $35

Disney Spa Collection
…the Disney Spa Body Wash for $35

Disney Spa Collection

…the Disney Spa Shampoo for $45

Disney Spa Collection

…and/or the Disney Spa Conditioner for $45.

Disney Spa Collection

The shop also has the Kendra Scott Disney Jewelry line! The collection’s Disney-inspired necklaces and earrings are adorned with Mickey and Minnie heads.

Kendra Scott Disney Jewelry

Of course, there’s also new Grand Floridian merchandise! You can rep your love for the resort hotel with items like the Grand Floridian Glass for $14.99. The glass features the hotel’s logo in gold lettering.

Grand Floridian Glass

The Grand Floridian Beach Towel is $29.99 and shows the resort logo on a blue hotel-inspired wallpaper pattern.

Grand Floridian Beach Towel

There’s also a Grand Floridian Mickey and Minnie Magnet for $14.99

Grand Floridian Magnet

…and a Grand Floridian Mickey and Minnie Ornament for $26.99! The duo are shown driving in a car…

Grand Floridian Ornament

…that has a Grand Floridian license plate!

Grand Floridian Ornament

We stayed at GFV over the 4th of July. One morning when leaving for the parks, we walked out of our room and someone had a birthday banner and birthday cards up across their door. They had also placed mardi gras beaded necklaces and party favors on all the door handles on the hallway. If memory serves, I feel like I saw it up for a couple of days. Not sure if it’s frowned upon, but we definitely saw it.

We stayed at GFV over the 4th of July. One morning when leaving for the parks, we walked out of our room and someone had a birthday banner and birthday cards up across their door. They had also placed mardi gras beaded necklaces and party favors on all the door handles on the hallway. If memory serves, I feel like I saw it up for a couple of days. Not sure if it’s frowned upon, but we definitely saw it.
Thank you for your reply. I may try the door and if I get a slip under the door to remove it, I'll move it indoors.

Just back from a great weekend trip to the GF for MNSSHP on Friday night (blessedly good weather). Got Sugar Loaf again, this time 2nd floor facing the courtyard pool, a lovely view. In terms of construction, the only construction that I saw was a small portion of the patio area outside of Gasparilla Grill, on the side closest to Sago and the walking path. This was a very small area. The rest of the patio is done. One very weird thing I noticed on this trip... beginning on Saturday night, all of the lights that outline the rooftops of the GF were off, including the lights on the roof of Narcoossee's. My CM daughter who works at the Grand was freaking out. She's going to ask Leadership why the lights were off. Something to do with hurricane prep, or was it just a malfunction of some sort? I do not know. But it did make the GF look weird when taking the walking path back to the GF after MNSSHP. The GF looked "haunted" without those lights (or maybe I was just in Halloween mode). Another great stay altogether. Friday/Saturday weather were great. Sunday/Monday the weather deteriorated in advance of the hurricane, of course.

I really wanted to change my flight to stay with my CM daughter through the hurricane, but didn't. She's doing rideout duty, so it's not like I could hang out with her or "protect" her, so I came home. It is a very weird feeling leaving your kid in FL as a Cat 5 hurricane is barrelling straight for them. But I've been in insurance for 30 years and have a great deal of hurricane experience. I know that the GF is solid commercial construction and that Disney will be mindful of the safety of its guests and CMs. Of course the storm will be a much lower level by the time it reaches WDW. Still... heading out without her felt counterintuitive.

Now back to the GF... had another excellent bar dinner at Narcoossee's. This time we went with the fried calamari, lobster bisque and the the Espresso and Key Lime martinis. First time I've had their Espresso Martini and it was fantastic. Key Lime was also delicious and very cute. Bartenders and staff were great as always. Walked over at about 7pm and had no trouble getting a seat at the bar.

IMG_6784.jpg

Just back from a great weekend trip to the GF for MNSSHP on Friday night (blessedly good weather). Got Sugar Loaf again, this time 2nd floor facing the courtyard pool, a lovely view. In terms of construction, the only construction that I saw was a small portion of the patio area outside of Gasparilla Grill, on the side closest to Sago and the walking path. This was a very small area. The rest of the patio is done. One very weird thing I noticed on this trip... beginning on Saturday night, all of the lights that outline the rooftops of the GF were off, including the lights on the roof of Narcoossee's. My CM daughter who works at the Grand was freaking out. She's going to ask Leadership why the lights were off. Something to do with hurricane prep, or was it just a malfunction of some sort? I do not know. But it did make the GF look weird when taking the walking path back to the GF after MNSSHP. The GF looked "haunted" without those lights (or maybe I was just in Halloween mode). Another great stay altogether. Friday/Saturday weather were great. Sunday/Monday the weather deteriorated in advance of the hurricane, of course.

I really wanted to change my flight to stay with my CM daughter through the hurricane, but didn't. She's doing rideout duty, so it's not like I could hang out with her or "protect" her, so I came home. It is a very weird feeling leaving your kid in FL as a Cat 5 hurricane is barrelling straight for them. But I've been in insurance for 30 years and have a great deal of hurricane experience. I know that the GF is solid commercial construction and that Disney will be mindful of the safety of its guests and CMs. Of course the storm will be a much lower level by the time it reaches WDW. Still... heading out without her felt counterintuitive.

Now back to the GF... had another excellent bar dinner at Narcoossee's. This time we went with the fried calamari, lobster bisque and the the Espresso and Key Lime martinis. First time I've had their Espresso Martini and it was fantastic. Key Lime was also delicious and very cute. Bartenders and staff were great as always. Walked over at about 7pm and had no trouble getting a seat at the bar.

View attachment 901592
Thank you for the updates! By chance, did you take a picture of the remaining work over by Gaspy’s? Happy you enjoyed your trip!

Sending prayers for your daughter’s safety, as well as for everyone in Florida during the upcoming hurricane. 🙏🏻

Oh, one more slight detail I thought worth mentioning. My stay last month and this weekend, both Resort View room... there were no GF slippers in the room! Last time I thought it was an oversight, this time, no slippers, so I now assume that the GF is no longer putting slippers in the room? I called down to ask, and they said they'd send some up. Housekeeping brought them 10 minutes later. So, if you're like me and enjoy your GF slippers, thought it was worth mentioning. Oh, and we got a "magical moment" with a Mickey celebration cake appearing in our room. Lucky us!

IMG_6707.jpg

Thank you for the updates! By chance, did you take a picture of the remaining work over by Gaspy’s? Happy you enjoyed your trip!
If you click on the food pic, there are 2 other pictures of the work being done.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest