Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Rix a restaurant that can make their own reservations (like many of the Disney Springs and Swan/Dolphin restaurants, etc)? I tried Open Table and they are there but no button to make a reservation so was going to try and call if I can find a phone number. Our departure flight just got moved later and we really want breakfast before heading out, but I keep checking the Disney site with no luck.

Are pools better this week? We're semi local and coming for the weekend this Saturday with two toddlers and hoping we can get into the pool without too long a wait mid morning on Saturday. If you've eaten at the pool bar recently- do you know if they have an allergy friendly menu (nothing available online)? Thanks!

Yes the hotel has cleared out as of Saturday. Pool was fine yesterday, Not sure about allergy issue

Are pools better this week? We're semi local and coming for the weekend this Saturday with two toddlers and hoping we can get into the pool without too long a wait mid morning on Saturday. If you've eaten at the pool bar recently- do you know if they have an allergy friendly menu (nothing available online)? Thanks!
Went today and there was no waiting to go to the pool. It’s busy but still plenty of lounges, chairs and tables. I asked at Siestas about allergy friendly options and they said they did but to talk to them and they will be happy to try to accommodate you.

Can anyone share experience with grocery delivery at Coronado? I’ve done garden grocer to POP before but they are so expensive. We did Walmart to bay lake tower but I had to meet them at the front entrance to accept it. I like Walmart bc it’s cheap and I know what I order from there, but I’m afraid with the resort being so big it might cause confusion. Where should I order from and where do they usually accept the deliveries?

When we went in December, we did Amazon Prime Pantry or whatever it's called now. IIRC, they delivered it to the front desk and then I went to go pick it up. When they saw how much stuff it was (a couple 24-packs of pop and several big multi-gallon jugs of water), they asked if I would like to have the bellhop just deliver it to our room, which I gladly accepted. CSR didn't charge my account or anything for it, so it just cost me the tip. Its what I would use again because it was much cheaper than Garden Grocer and plenty easy.

With other things we delivered during the week, they had issues getting past the first security gate so needed me to meet them and pick up the items just outside El Centro, which was easy.

Does anyone know what the walk up situation is like with Rix? I made a reservation for 5:15pm on our arrival night just to be able to relax and eat at the resort but it’s a little early for my parties liking and the next time is 9pm which is too late for us. I was just curious if I even need to make this reservation or if I can just walk up and grab a table easily. It’s just 3 adults!

Does anyone know what the walk up situation is like with Rix? I made a reservation for 5:15pm on our arrival night just to be able to relax and eat at the resort but it’s a little early for my parties liking and the next time is 9pm which is too late for us. I was just curious if I even need to make this reservation or if I can just walk up and grab a table easily. It’s just 3 adults!
We had a reservation for 8:00pm on our arrival night also but our flight was delayed and we were more than an hour late but they were able to seat us. I don’t think it’s hard to get a table there. ymmv.

We had a reservation for 8:00pm on our arrival night also but our flight was delayed and we were more than an hour late but they were able to seat us. I don’t think it’s hard to get a table there. ymmv.
Awesome, thank you so much! That makes me feel much better

I had 2 trips planned one for next week and one for mid May...decided the crowd levels looked good for next week and went and cancelled the May trip! Now they are calling for rain most of next week and I just received an email from TP which shows significantly increased crowd levels for next week. Some parks going from 1-2 up to 4 and park reservations are full so I can’t even move our parks around. Most disappoint is that we were planning on spending extra time at pool. Looks like lots of extra eating instead...so I guess this means I’ll just have to come back soon and try again.

Last edited:

I would keep the reservation or change it if a better time becomes available. When we were there last Fall, there were no Rix ADRs available one night, and they weren't taking walk-ins. The wait for to simply place a to-go order was 40 or more minutes (we waited 40 minutes) and then gave up. It depends on how busy the resort is.

Arriving tomorrow and tried to change room reservation to the Tower but everything is sold out!

Try asking again when you arrive!

I was looking at our dates in October - all but one room type sold out for non-Tower rooms, now standard view sold out for Tower rooms. Getting cozy there! 😂

Try asking again when you arrive!

I was looking at our dates in October - all but one room type sold out for non-Tower rooms, now standard view sold out for Tower rooms. Getting cozy there! 😂

Good idea! I don’t mind being out and about in heavy rain but I can’t drag my mom out and it would much nicer for her in the Tower.

Last edited:
We’re here now. Got to the pool right at 11 today - no wait and had our choice of a few different tables not just loungers. Siestas Cantina wasn’t too long a wait to order and they were awesome with my shellfish allergy. Pool is busier than we’ve seen a resort pool in awhile but no issue with capacity or distancing when we want to.

Does siestas have 2 windows? One in the pool area and one outside the gate? I want to get dinner there. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get in the pool if it's at capacity.

Also, since you said dinner, watch out for what time they stop serving food. The app says 6pm on the menu, which I think/assume is accurate (but not totally sure).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter