• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

The Chenin Blanc was very good. South African wines are pretty good, especially considering their cost!

The Wednesday Wine Tasting at Jiko is wonderful, in case any of you would like to learn more about South African wines! And the price is right - IIRC it was under $40 (including tax). :goodvibes

Beer is not self-serve. That changed 2 or 3 years ago. If you want it to go, yes, they will pour it into a plastic cup. :thumbsup2

No whiskeys. They have Amarula, Kahlua, Grand Marnier, and (I can’t remember the 4th cordial at the moment :confused3)
Thank you!

The AKL alcohol discussion got my brain churning: has anyone stayed at YC lately? When we were there last June, the evening wine offerings didn't include chardonnay, and I was curious whether or not that was still the case. We're going back during the second half of a split stay this June, and I'm in the process of mentally planning the grocery order.

Yes, I do that. Three months out. And I was about to say "don't judge me," then remembered where I was. i.e. among people who not only understand, but several of whom might even ask "aren't you leaving it a bit late???"
:disrocks:

I just changed our May trip from the BCV to BWI CL! Now I see they do a "brunch" on Sundays? I had Cali Grill booked for our Sunday brunch, but may change and do a dinner there instead, and just relax at the resort with brunch offerings there. Any experience with that?

Also, do they offer sparkling wines daily, or just Sunday?

Beer & wine are still self serve at BWI, right? Unless you ask if it's not cocktail hour?

I hope we made a good call. It's our anniversary, and although DH wanted a villa (we had a one bedroom booked), I'm not cooking, yeah the washer/dryer is nice but I can do laundry once or twice either way, I wanted a lounge to relax apart from the room. Or to get a glass of wine & bring it back to the room to chill. It will be nice to actually not do a grocery delivery for once!

I see a lot of booze-related questions so I don’t feel bad posting this at 9am on a Sunday morning. Just booked a stay at Beach Club CL for May. Is Chardonnay offered in the lounge? This is hugely important, especially since I am traveling solo with my 5 and 6yo boys! Happy hour will be much needed! Thanks!

Is this BWI CL?

Yes

I just changed our May trip from the BCV to BWI CL! Now I see they do a "brunch" on Sundays? I had Cali Grill booked for our Sunday brunch, but may change and do a dinner there instead, and just relax at the resort with brunch offerings there. Any experience with that?

Beer & wine are still self serve at BWI, right? Unless you ask if it's not cocktail hour?

I hope we made a good call. It's our anniversary, and although DH wanted a villa (we had a one bedroom booked), I'm not cooking, yeah the washer/dryer is nice but I can do laundry once or twice either way, I wanted a lounge to relax apart from the room. Or to get a glass of wine & bring it back to the room to chill. It will be nice to actually not do a grocery delivery for once!

Only on Sundays as far as I know. It is still self serve...actually I don't mind the lounges where it is not self serve...I like when they just come around and refill your glass...I'm on vacation I can serve myself at home. :D

I see a lot of booze-related questions so I don’t feel bad posting this at 9am on a Sunday morning. Just booked a stay at Beach Club CL for May. Is Chardonnay offered in the lounge? This is hugely important, especially since I am traveling solo with my 5 and 6yo boys! Happy hour will be much needed! Thanks!

I am a bad disser...I was there earlier this month and didn't notice or take pics...they had Riesling and prosecco.. I was happy and didn't notice what else they had. I will however volunteer to go back and check. :D

But the real question is, were you wearing shoes?

I kid, I kid.

Too funny though...:rotfl2:

Yes! At least I had on flip flops.
Funny story, at BWI CL our table was right beside the omlet station, and a lady was in line, no shoes and bathrobe on. She definitely got some looks, this was @10 am, mind you. My DS4 SHOUTS out, mommy, that lady doesn't have shoes on! Why doesn't she have shoes on?! :rolleyes1
Thanks for this list—it looks great to me, especially the sangria and mimosas!

Do you know if they have any whiskies during the dessert service? My husband and son enjoy their evening drink. Thank you!

The Chenin Blanc was very good. South African wines are pretty good, especially considering their cost!

The Wednesday Wine Tasting at Jiko is wonderful, in case any of you would like to learn more about South African wines! And the price is right - IIRC it was under $40 (including tax). :goodvibes

Beer is not self-serve. That changed 2 or 3 years ago. If you want it to go, yes, they will pour it into a plastic cup. :thumbsup2

No whiskeys. They have Amarula, Kahlua, Grand Marnier, and (I can’t remember the 4th cordial at the moment :confused3)

The fourth option is courvoisier.

Yes

Only on Sundays as far as I know. It is still self serve...actually I don't mind the lounges where it is not self serve...I like when they just come around and refill your glass...I'm on vacation I can serve myself at home. :D

I am a bad disser...I was there earlier this month and didn't notice or take pics...they had Riesling and prosecco.. I was happy and didn't notice what else they had. I will however volunteer to go back and check. :D

Prosecco is sparkling, so that’s a nice option!

50628064738__439B4EDE-4B62-4C38-81B6-D1636DA3FD46.JPG

Thanks for this. Did you try any of the wines? I’ve never heard of the Chenin Blanc, but it sounds interesting. It looks like you can get it online for $7 a bottle, but that doesn’t mean it’s bad. :). http://cheapwineratings.com/2014/03/02/indaba-chenin-blanc-zesty-tasty/
They had those all last year. I tried all the reds and champagne. I found them better than many cl's.

I enjoyed them all especially above. I don't think I tried white that trip, sorry.

Last edited:

You made a VERY good call! My DH and I were just there for a trip without kids, and we enjoyed every minute! This wasn’t our first trip to BWI CL, but since they added the nightly chef and Sunday brunch, it has become one of our favorite CLs! We are long time RPC loyalists, but BWI CL is actually so good that we have started to book BWI/GF split stays just so we get the brunch:rotfl:! It is really nice being able to walk to Epcot and HS too! And you can ask for prosecco for a mimosa anytime...they put it out from 5-7.

View attachment 304691

They had those all last year. I tried all the reds and champagne. I found them better than many cl's.

I enjoyed they all especially above. I don't think I tried white that trip, sorry.

Memories!!! I had so many of those sangria's as well as the mimosas in January, so good! We have been doing CL at AKL every January for at least 8 years, and this past January was probably the best, the CL CMs were constantly asking if we would like any alcoholic beverages, or if they could get us anything, and having the list of choices on the screen was really nice. There were a couple years there that the experience was really not very good, and they were quite stingy with the alcohol especially, but the past two years have been so much better. We cannot wait for our stay this coming January!

I don't drink white wine but all of the reds were quite good.

The AKL alcohol discussion got my brain churning: has anyone stayed at YC lately? When we were there last June, the evening wine offerings didn't include chardonnay, and I was curious whether or not that was still the case. We're going back during the second half of a split stay this June, and I'm in the process of mentally planning the grocery order.

Yes, I do that. Three months out. And I was about to say "don't judge me," then remembered where I was. i.e. among people who not only understand, but several of whom might even ask "aren't you leaving it a bit late???"
:disrocks:

Heading to YC today! Will try remember snap pics of the wine for you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter