Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

How has all this construction affected the bus service? I have heard reports that people staying in Pirate rooms had to wait for buses since several came by that were full. Has that changed?

Don't want to hear this! :badpc:

I have family there now in 3 Pirate Rooms. They have not had a full bus go by yet since they arrived last Tuesday. The only time they've had to stand was coming back right after park close.

They are all CBR veterans and have said it's been very obvious they are down a bunch of rooms. The resort feels even less crowded than normal this time of year.

How has all this construction affected the bus service? I have heard reports that people staying in Pirate rooms had to wait for buses since several came by that were full. Has that changed?
Our family was at CBR May 18-26. Morning bus service was great. Buses ran every 7 to 10 minutes to each park and were broken into two different routes, picking up only three islands. Mid-day service was normal, buses every 10 to 15 minutes, but only one route for the whole complex. The real problem we saw was between 3 pm and 6 pm. Buses ran every 15 -18 minutes, with only one route for the complex. On two different nights the bus we were on was at capacity prior to either Trinidads. On one of those evenings, there was a family with a scooter at the Trinadad North stop literally screaming at our driver because this was the third bus that didn't have room for her scooter (already had two scooters on the bus).

Late buses from the park were always at capacity with long waits, but that's normal.

One thing I did learn from a bus driver, that isn't specific to CBR, but is effecting all the pickups during the day is that transportation has implemented a new policy that is dictated by bus occupancy. As an example, if my family of four is the only ones in the line to return to my resort from EPCOT, the driver will radio in before he comes to our stop. Transportation may or may not have the bus bypass that pick up. The driver told me that "Transportations goal is for no family to wait more than 30 minutes for a bus, but if they don't have many on a load, they are fine with making you wait 29 minutes"

I have family there now in 3 Pirate Rooms. They have not had a full bus go by yet since they arrived last Tuesday. The only time they've had to stand was coming back right after park close.

They are all CBR veterans and have said it's been very obvious they are down a bunch of rooms. The resort feels even less crowded than normal this time of year.
Thanks, that's good to know :beach:

One thing I did learn from a bus driver, that isn't specific to CBR, but is effecting all the pickups during the day is that transportation has implemented a new policy that is dictated by bus occupancy. As an example, if my family of four is the only ones in the line to return to my resort from EPCOT, the driver will radio in before he comes to our stop. Transportation may or may not have the bus bypass that pick up. The driver told me that "Transportations goal is for no family to wait more than 30 minutes for a bus, but if they don't have many on a load, they are fine with making you wait 29 minutes"
We experienced this first hand yesterday afternoon, about 2:00. Walked up to the bus stop at AK just as a bus pulled in. It was us 3 and one other lady and her child. Many of the other stops had a lot (and I mean A LOT) of people at them. He stoped and opened his door but before we could load he said hold up, I may get rerouted. And sure enough, he did. Unfortunately, our wait turned in to an hour and by that time our stop had exceeded the queue. Though I do think everyone there did manage to get on the bus when it arrived. In our week here so far this is our only unusually long wait for a bus at a park or the resort and the only full bus we've seen. Even leaving AK last night, during middle of EMH. We walked up to the bus stop as a bus pulled off. We didn't have to wait 10 min for the next bus to come, it was probably more like 5

Our August trip will be our first time staying onsite in many years and the first with kids. How long is the average wait and bus ride to get back to the resort after fireworks/shows end? We're going back and forth about renting a car and I'm wondering if it'll be a whole lot faster to just drive back to the resort at end of the night.

Our August trip will be our first time staying onsite in many years and the first with kids. How long is the average wait and bus ride to get back to the resort after fireworks/shows end? We're going back and forth about renting a car and I'm wondering if it'll be a whole lot faster to just drive back to the resort at end of the night.

We usually stay off site so have a car. I just got back from our May stay at CBR. We had a car but also used the bus. If you can afford it get a car. Definitely faster. No question. I think only time bus makes sense it at MK. Our night bus back from Epcot the actual wait time was okay but the route the bus driver took was much longer and circuitous then the car ride. Speculation only but seemed to me the drivers take different routes then just driving there. One day our ride to MK took us through the entire HS parking lot!

Our night bus back from Epcot the actual wait time was okay but the route the bus driver took was much longer and circuitous then the car ride. Speculation only but seemed to me the drivers take different routes then just driving there. One day our ride to MK took us through the entire HS parking lot!
Could that be because of the road construction?? We were there in Feb and it seemed EVERY road in WDW was under construction. There will be all new route from parks to resorts with that project is done, I'm thinkin'.

Before "retreating":) to one of the Leisure Pools,I would give the main Pool a try-the Activities Program is not all day(early AM is a good time to go if you are having a "resort day"-Pool "should" open at 9:00 AM in August) and positioning yourself on the OPPOSITE side of the Pool from the "activities" will help.

I would at least go and let the kids enjoy the slides for a while!:)

We will try it, and I'm sure spend some time there. Just something we could do without, at least a couple days a week! We don't have any full days off from the parks, so mornings aren't an option!

It is surprising but then again it is keeping with what they've done in the past when resorts are under major construction projects like this.
Just got a promo code tonight for July 2nd- August 4 for stays Sun-Thurs. Standard $129. It mentions the redurb and pirate rooms are $169.

Just got a promo code tonight for July 2nd- August 4 for stays Sun-Thurs. Standard $129. It mentions the redurb and pirate rooms are $169.

We got the same offer and it sounds like with the construction that is definitely a fair price to offer the resort at right now. I've been thinking pricing it with values would make sense and this effectively does though it is too bad the offer isn't for everyone. We would totally book a trip if we were able to squeeze in another vacation in July but unfortunately we can't.

I called today and was told there would be no construction on the weekends.

I am here now, and they are not working on the Centertown part at the moment, but there is still work going on at the more distant section. The work wasn't too distracting at the pool yesterday, though. The music and splashing muffles it.

When the news of the construction came, I immediately called Disney. They moved us and my daughter's family to OKW. I am so thankful for their kindness and helpfulness but, I am so sorry for some of you that got the shaft! CBR is my "home" for Disney and I hate the mess it is in. Hopefully all of the construction will be worth it in the end. Here's to good luck and good stays to all of you! I'll be back when they get done and hopefully we will all be awed!

Hey, all ya'll CBR folks that have been there during construction! Got some questions about my upcoming stay (December). We'll be pulling in at about 10pm. We will have checked in online, but do we need to stop in to pick up our gift cards? Also, I've got two rooms booked, will I be able to put all the babies to bed and then go get the gift cards for both rooms, or will I need to take someone from each room with me? Finally, will we be able to pick up our Free Dining mugs anywhere that late? Thanks a bunch all you Hot Caribbean Beaches. You're the best.

Hey, all ya'll CBR folks that have been there during construction! Got some questions about my upcoming stay (December). We'll be pulling in at about 10pm. We will have checked in online, but do we need to stop in to pick up our gift cards? Also, I've got two rooms booked, will I be able to put all the babies to bed and then go get the gift cards for both rooms, or will I need to take someone from each room with me? Finally, will we be able to pick up our Free Dining mugs anywhere that late? Thanks a bunch all you Hot Caribbean Beaches. You're the best.

You will have to go to Custom House at some point to get the Gift Cards-you could wait and pick them up the next day(the last Internal Shuttle leaves Custom House at Midnight).

Both locations where you could get your Mugs,Centertown Buffet and Island Markets,close at 10:00 PM.

I'll won't be getting to CBR until after the internal buses stop running (after midnight). I'll be taking DME, what options are available for me to get to my room (Pirate Room)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter