Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Just finished an awesome meal at d lux so I have time for an update. Our DME had 3 stops and CBR ended up being the last. DH had me run to the customs house while him and everyone else waited to get their stuff from under the bus. The girlat the front counter was super nice. She said our room was on the second floor and asked if we were ok with that. I was intrigued about staying in TN so I said it was fine. She asked if we wanted to skip house keeping which were decided to do. We booked when the gift card offer was going on and I didn't even have I mention it. A manager walked by with my envelope while she was filling out the report map. So far I'm really happy with our room. We're right next to the new bus stops. It was a little loud outside the room from the pool, but inside the room it wasn't loud at all. We do have the new dispensers in our room. In just the little time we've been here DH had already said he'd rally like to stay here again.

I'm guessing TS will get the shower dispenser too? I'm conflicted on the use depending on context, Disney and otherwise really.

I tried to find the answers in this thread but couldn't. When will the main pool be out of commission for refurb and is there a pool bar for adult drinks that is open? Looking to stay here in June with our 2 year old.

Question...we've never gone to disney springs so we are trying it this year for lunch. Which bus stop station does cbr drop off and pick up from? Looking at the DS map there are two different bus stations? Just trying to figure out where we need to go?
If you’ve looked at a map with 2 bus stations it’s out of date, it’s a throwback from when it was good old Downtown Disney. The redevelopment has all buses now dropping off and picking up at one larger station.

I'm sittingin a hammock right now over at Jamaica whilemy daughter plays in the sand so I thought I'd give an update. There's quite abit of scriml up, but we haven't really heard anything loud so they may have been working while we were at the park. It's pretty overcast today so I don't know if they'll be working. We played in the pool a bit Friday. They hadto close the main pool for abit for "unplanned cleaning" which caused a bunch of people to shine over to the splash pad where we were. We didn't stay too much longer after that, but they said the main poolwas going to open back up in about 10 minutes so it wasn't closed for too long. Looks like they're still workingin the tower between Aruba and Jamaica. They have the base poured and the top partof the tower inside the scrim, but it hasn't started going vertical yet. Looks like they're putting another one up just north of building 52. Just past 52 looks like a mess right now from what I can see, but we didn't walk all the way through it soit mushu just be the side closest to the lake. Right now Trinidad north and Jamaica would be my top picks for anyone staying here soon. Even with all the construction it still is a lovely resort and I'm glad wer decided to stay here. All the cast members have been amazing. One went above and beyond Friday. We were trying to figure our dinner plans and walked to the food truck a cast member saw us wearing lanyards and asked if we traded. She let my son pick off the board then asked who his and his sister's favorite characters were. He told her stitch and princess and minnie she told us to wait then came back with 3 pins for each of them. She gaveus a ton of recommendations for places to eat, one being splitsville which wer decided on. Later on I'll post pictures from around the resort once I figure out how.

We'll be staying at CBR for the "first" time (we stayed there 25 years ago but neither my mom or I remember it particularly well... I was 4), and we're really excited! I have a question about the refrigerators. We are doing the Amorette's cake decorating experience early in our trip, and based on the pictures I'm concerned it won't fit in the fridge. Has anyone done this, and can you speak to how well it fits in the fridge? Thanks!

We'll be staying at CBR for the "first" time (we stayed there 25 years ago but neither my mom or I remember it particularly well... I was 4), and we're really excited! I have a question about the refrigerators. We are doing the Amorette's cake decorating experience early in our trip, and based on the pictures I'm concerned it won't fit in the fridge. Has anyone done this, and can you speak to how well it fits in the fridge? Thanks!

https://imgur.com/ESA4jBr

I think it depends on what room type you're in maybe? That pic is close to what I had in Trinidad South, but slightly different. You can remove or rearrange the shelves and fit the cake in there. You will be limited on what else you can fit I think though.

Ask a cast member if you can put your cakes in the hotel's fridge until you are ready to eat them. They may let you do that.

With the construction still going on, is there anywhere on property that still sells the coconut postcards? I thought this would be a fun thing for my kids to send their grandparents.

So did i mess up; After learning about the upcoming Coronado renovations during our trip (Nov 20th-24th) I opted to switch to Caribbean Beach Resort.. My thought process is the construction should be on the "wrapping up" stages?? Hope that the food court is back open? I figured the construction at Coronado would only bother us more as the project was more underway... What you guys think? My other thought was jump to Pop.. we have only did Disney one other time and stayed at the value's, we are looking to do a tad better this time.

With the construction still going on, is there anywhere on property that still sells the coconut postcards? I thought this would be a fun thing for my kids to send their grandparents.

Yup. We saw some at the merch truck while we were there.

So did i mess up; After learning about the upcoming Coronado renovations during our trip (Nov 20th-24th) I opted to switch to Caribbean Beach Resort.. My thought process is the construction should be on the "wrapping up" stages?? Hope that the food court is back open? I figured the construction at Coronado would only bother us more as the project was more underway... What you guys think? My other thought was jump to Pop.. we have only did Disney one other time and stayed at the value's, we are looking to do a tad better this time.

Construction not expected to wrap until December. I wouldn’t count on food court opening in November.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter