Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Hello all! I have a trip booked for Nov 11-17, 2018. I was over at CSR but got an email that the Dig Site (including the pool) is closed so we switched to CBR. I'm a little bummed since this will be my third stay here and it would have been my first at CSR. My husband however is excited because the only thing available was a pirate room! lol I'm not too concerned about the walk or anything but I am curious if they'll be still be handing out gift cards? Construction will likely be close to done. Anyone have any guesses? We gave up our nice King room for these full beds and a further walk so I'd like to milk it for all I can!

No gift cards. They were given to people who booked before, or right after, they announced the construction. Well you can get a $10 per night, minus your last night, if you skip daily housekeeping.

Okay great thanks. I had guests there during my Wedding a year ago... to the date exactly! They got gifts cards but it was because we booked CBR with my room block and THEN they announced they were closing all the food! It was nice because most of my guests staying over there gave me their gift cards! lol

We gave up our nice King room for these full beds and a further walk so I'd like to milk it for all I can!

OMG, I feel the same way, sort of. I almost booked a standard room at CBR at 5:30am on Apr 24 when the free dining came out but since I already had a room-only for the previous week with tickets for MVMCP on Dec 4, I didn't want to change the week and lose the tickets. Someone on another website told me that I'd lose the $200 for those tickets because the dates couldn't be changed. Then I was kicking myself because I really wanted free dining so decided to just take the $200 loss; but the only thing available by that time was a pirate room...for $400 more than the standard was if I had only booked it a few hours prior. Turns out the MVMCP tickets can be switched to another date so I did that but I'm still out a bunch of $ so trying to console myself...a smaller bed, farther walk AND out a few hundred dollars. :worried: I feel so stupid but at least I'm still going to Disney so life isn't so bad. And hopefully the Pop Warner crowd will be gone since we're going the following week. That might be worth a few hundred dollars...pirate:

I have a question about the internal shuttle. Our family of five is staying at CBR for the first time later this year. Our flight doesn't arrive at MCO until 11:30 pm. Will the internal shuttle still be running that late to take us to our room?

I have a question about the internal shuttle. Our family of five is staying at CBR for the first time later this year. Our flight doesn't arrive at MCO until 11:30 pm. Will the internal shuttle still be running that late to take us to our room?

Info from @dansdad on previous page regarding internal shuttle:

They run from 6:30AM to Midnight. They stop at every Village, OPR and The Custom House. Correct, they do not leave the resort. I can't see you needing it though.

I thought I remember seeing a YouTube video about people arriving very late at night and they were taken to their room by golf cart.

Sorry ibn5 - the part about "I can't see you needing it though" was for my situation. Didn't mean to make it sound like you wouldn't need it, getting there so late at night.

I'm guessing you are planning on checking in at the front desk? After you're done with that just go to Bell Services and they will arrange, most likely, a van for a family of 5. They may use a cart for you and bring your bags shortly after.

Sitting at the airport now waiting on our flight. We got our text as we were going through security. We requested 5122, but they put us in 3134. Not sure how I feel being closer to the construction at centertown, but I'm sure we'll make the best of it.

Info from @dansdad on previous page regarding internal shuttle:

They run from 6:30AM to Midnight. They stop at every Village, OPR and The Custom House. Correct, they do not leave the resort. I can't see you needing it though.

I thought I remember seeing a YouTube video about people arriving very late at night and they were taken to their room by golf cart.

Thank you!!

Question...we've never gone to disney springs so we are trying it this year for lunch. Which bus stop station does cbr drop off and pick up from? Looking at the DS map there are two different bus stations? Just trying to figure out where we need to go?

No gift cards. They were given to people who booked before, or right after, they announced the construction. Well you can get a $10 per night, minus your last night, if you skip daily housekeeping.

We went September 2017 and received $75 gift card a night for 3 nights and used them for a nice dinner in the Canadian pavilion. Some other hotels may be offering a $10 gift card a night for not using their housekeeping services. You can try that.

Sitting at the airport now waiting on our flight. We got our text as we were going through security. We requested 5122, but they put us in 3134. Not sure how I feel being closer to the construction at centertown, but I'm sure we'll make the best of it.

You got upgraded to a preferred room :). It is a great location!

Question...we've never gone to disney springs so we are trying it this year for lunch. Which bus stop station does cbr drop off and pick up from? Looking at the DS map there are two different bus stations? Just trying to figure out where we need to go?

Bus station 24 or 25 at Disney Springs. There is a list of all the buses and which station you will need. You will not get lost. Have fun.

We are booked in a water view room August 16-23. Any suggestion which village would have the least disruption from the construction?
We stayed at North Trinidad. It was REALLY close to the pool and food trucks. I do like that view since we were right next to the river and did not hear any construction.

We have booked a week at the end of November with Dh and our 4 kids (8,5,3,&1) and are staying at the CBR! I was wondering where you would suggest us requesting a room? We will be using the buses if that makes a difference. I know I want the bottom floor.

North Trinidad is a good place to stay. Request to stay near the river in Building 32 which is in between both the main pool and the smaller one. It is right across from the bus station as well.

Martinique 24, 25 and 26 are very close to the Main Feature Pool and food tent. But they are very close to 2 construction areas, Centertown and the Riviera Resort Tower.
Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 are away from any construction yet a very short stroll across the bridge to the Main Feature Pool and the food tent. Maybe 3-4 minute stroll.

Trinidad North is a good place to stay, especially building 32.

You got upgraded to a preferred room :). It is a great location!

If @Moramoon had booked a Standard View room, then yes being in Trinidad North would be an upgrade. They booked a Water View room. Trinidad North has Preferred, Water View and King rooms. Great location, but not an upgrade. :)

We had booked water/ pool view. I would have been fine with a standard, but that was all they had for the offer for our dates.

OMG, I feel the same way, sort of. I almost booked a standard room at CBR at 5:30am on Apr 24 when the free dining came out but since I already had a room-only for the previous week with tickets for MVMCP on Dec 4, I didn't want to change the week and lose the tickets. Someone on another website told me that I'd lose the $200 for those tickets because the dates couldn't be changed. Then I was kicking myself because I really wanted free dining so decided to just take the $200 loss; but the only thing available by that time was a pirate room...for $400 more than the standard was if I had only booked it a few hours prior. Turns out the MVMCP tickets can be switched to another date so I did that but I'm still out a bunch of $ so trying to console myself...a smaller bed, farther walk AND out a few hundred dollars. :worried: I feel so stupid but at least I'm still going to Disney so life isn't so bad. And hopefully the Pop Warner crowd will be gone since we're going the following week. That might be worth a few hundred dollars...pirate:
Avoiding Pop warner alone is worth the couple hundred....definitely :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter