Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

I don't think so, but I am not plugged into any bus drivers to get inside information. BWV studio won't get more than 4 people (5 with child under 3). The 1 BR at BWV now permits 5 people (6, with child under 3), but no bedding is provided for that 5th guest. I would imagine BWV would try to add bedding in the 1 BR before the studio.

Everything I've seen about the refurb says they are putting the pull down bed in the studios, not the 1BR, just like the VWL refurb they did last year. The 1BR now actually only allow 4 adults, not 5. I agree that it would make more sense to put the pull downs in a 1BR where there is more space but that doesn't appear to be the plan. Of course finding info about the refurb is hard at the moment so we'll see!

Everything I've seen about the refurb says they are putting the pull down bed in the studios, not the 1BR, just like the VWL refurb they did last year. The 1BR now actually only allow 4 adults, not 5. I agree that it would make more sense to put the pull downs in a 1BR where there is more space but that doesn't appear to be the plan. Of course finding info about the refurb is hard at the moment so we'll see!

When I just went on the online website and when I entered information for a September 2016 booking for 5 adults in a 1 BR, I received this information. When I tried to book a studio for 5 adults, I was unable to do so. Maybe there are only 9 months left to book 5 into a 1 BR?

Disney's BoardWalk Villas
1 Bedroom Villa - Garden or Pool View
Enjoy this lovely lakeside Resort steeped in the colors, charm and romance of an old-fashioned boardwalk.
Sleeps 4 – 5th guest can be accommodated, but please note that NO ADDITIONAL BEDDING, LINENS OR TOWELS WILL BE PROVIDED.
1 king-size bed & 1 queen-size sleeper sofa
Full kitchen
Washer/dryer
Full bathroom with whirlpool tub

Any perks to having a Studio at BWV vs a standard room at BWI?
From one thing I've seen reported it looks like the rooms on the Inn side are kept in a bit better condition then the villa side. Since members have to pay for the upkeep on the villa side they tend to be a bit more run down then the hotel side. I know in the 15 years I've owned at BWV they upkeep has slide downward a bit.

^^^This^^^

I recently e mailed DVC about this, pull down bed, and also about the expected completion time.

They replied within a week or so, and stated that BCV was getting the refurb started 1st, and BWV will shortly follow, and that 5 th person sleeper will indeed be a part of this.. in the studios that is. Also it is expected to be complete by mid to late August. (Which is right when we're heading down too.:confused3)

Continuing the discussion about riding the Epcot monorail...

How would you rate the times it takes to get from BWV to Magic Kingdom by:
1) bus
2) driving
3) Epcot monorail

Sort of a silly question....my hubby has never been in the monorail. (Truth be told I haven't been on it since I was 16 ...and that was.....a while ago :laughing:)
Anyway....I know it's possible for us to walk through EPCOT to get to the monorail ...we will have AP's so park hopping and tickets aren't an issue....we have a couple days we will be going to MK later in the morning or maybe returning to BWV to rest ....so I was thinking of taking the monorail for transportation rather than the busses....now.....

Is it more of a pain and a LOT longer to do this ??? I mean in my head it makes sense...but having not done this I just want to be sure that it's not just a really bad idea.....he just really wants to take the monorail ......

Thanks all!

If you are in no hurry to get to MK, by all means, walk across EPCOT to the monorail. We do this when we want to head to MK or the MK resorts rather than wait for buses. We also do it in reverse--bus to MK and monorail back to EPCOT when staying at EPCOT resorts.

Sometimes it is more fun to be on the move than cooling your jets at a bus stop and perhaps waiting for the next bus due to crowd levels. If you don't mind walking and time isn't an issue--do the monorail. :goodvibes

Yes, I've done it to get a ride on the monorail. I did the opposite in October. Leaving MK mid afternoon for a break, I decided to take the monorail and walk through Epcot. I was already tired and it was in the high 80's. I regretted it during the walk through Epcot!

Continuing the discussion about riding the Epcot monorail...

How would you rate the times it takes to get from BWV to Magic Kingdom by:
1) bus
2) driving
3) Epcot monorail

1. I've experienced this , and it isn't pleasant...Rough;y 20 mins. but it seems longer...The Plus is, you get picked up 1st but then you go to Swan, then Dolphin, YC, & then BC, then finally on to MK.

2. I'd say maybe an 8-10 minute drive, but factor the time it takes to park, then get to TTC, and either catch the boat or monorail, which will be longer than 20 minutes I'm sure.

3. Walking from BWV to the front of Epcot, should be about 15 minutes or so, then hopefully get lucky to hop right onto a monorail to the TTC, then walk over to transfer to the other one, or the boat...Personally I think this is the longest time wise by far...

Thinking about staying at Boardwalk Inn and I would like to know if all standard rooms have a balcony?

This notice below was posted today. One post in the link provided indicates that signature blocks may be affected/lost. Hopefully, nothing else will be impacted, such as Resort Information thread formatting:confused::worried:

New Boards are coming!

We are moving our boards from the current software and servers to all new systems! We have been on this generation of software for a long time. There were a lot of reasons we were unable to move but we now believe we have found a great solution.

We are very excited to move to Xenforo! Xenforo ltd is run by a team we have known for a long time and they have done a great job with this product. We certainly wanted to wait until it was stable but we feel we are there and that this will provide a great solution for everyone especially our mobile users.

We are done testing the actual technical migration and Corey and his design team are now working on the new look.

It currently looks like the boards will shut down Sunday Morning 2/8 around 1am eastern time and reopen some time on Sunday 2/8 late afternoon/evening
There are a lot of factors that could affect the exact time.

I will start a thread on the tech support board if you have any questions please ask there!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=52960687#post52960687

1. I've experienced this , and it isn't pleasant...Rough;y 20 mins. but it seems longer...The Plus is, you get picked up 1st but then you go to Swan, then Dolphin, YC, & then BC, then finally on to MK

They haven't done all 5 resorts to MK in a long time. Just BW, Swan and Dolphin. A couple of months ago it was announced that BW would have a dedicated bus to MK in the mornings and to DTD after 2:00.

They haven't done all 5 resorts to MK in a long time. Just BW, Swan and Dolphin. A couple of months ago it was announced that BW would have a dedicated bus to MK in the mornings and to DTD after 2:00.

Agreed. When I went in April, it was BW, then Swan and Dolphin, and straight to MK

Agreed. When I went in April, it was BW, then Swan and Dolphin, and straight to MK

Does it still take about 20 minutes to get to MK? I'm thinking total round trip. I want to try to make sure we get to MK early enough to see the train show before the opening.

Has anyone been recently to confirm a dedicated MK bus in the am? :-)

Just got into my room at BWV

m4HpN1q.jpg

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest