Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

GleepGlorp said:
We got our Magical Express book in the mail with all of our vouchers and luggage tags but still nothing about our flights. Do we just print our own boarding passes? We already received our magic bands too so I was a little confused on what to do for our flights as well.

We just returned home from our trip and flew southwest. We had to print our own boarding pass for the flight there and Disney had our pass ready at their bag check for the return flight.

We just returned home from our trip and flew southwest. We had to print our own boarding pass for the flight there and Disney had our pass ready at their bag check for the return flight.

Okay, thanks so much for answering! We're flying Delta but I'm assuming it's probably the same.

Might seem like a really dumb question but........ Are the only standard rooms in the Little Mermaid Area? Just wondering about where we are going to be place. Also, is this resort the same size as POP?

Thanks

Might seem like a really dumb question but........ Are the only standard rooms in the Little Mermaid Area? Just wondering about where we are going to be place. Also, is this resort the same size as POP?

Thanks

Little Mermaid rooms are all standard. Same layout as Pop, except for the Little Mermaid rooms, which are quite a bit further out then the 80's/90's buildings at Pop.

Might seem like a really dumb question but........ Are the only standard rooms in the Little Mermaid Area? Just wondering about where we are going to be place. Also, is this resort the same size as POP? Thanks

Yes, the LM section is the only section with standard rooms. LM was actually the Legendary Years section of Pop that never finished completion and then was transformed into LM/AoA.

Not sure about the sizing, but Pop seems more compact to me. It's at least a quarter mile trek from LM to the Bus Stop and Animation Hall.

After visiting AoA during our Pop trip last week, we decided that our next trip we would stay in a family suite there. Already looking forward to it next fall and hoping for Nemo or Lion King.

I feel like I've read/learned so much here. But here it is the nigh before departure and I have a question.

Is there a business center in AoA? Any place I can print our boarding passes for our return flight?

Thanks!

I'll be at AoA in about 14 hours!:yay:

I feel like I've read/learned so much here. But here it is the nigh before departure and I have a question.

Is there a business center in AoA? Any place I can print our boarding passes for our return flight?

Thanks!

I'll be at AoA in about 14 hours!:yay:

There's no business center so to speak, but the Resort Airline Check in desk will be able to print them if you're flying a participating airline. They will also check your bags for you so no need to do it at the airport.

I have heard that Pop has recently had a menu change..... Is that also true for AoA? The grilled fish platter there just may be my favorite meal on property!

25 days and we check into AofA. I'm really excited and nervous too after reading how shabby the check/lobby/food court is. I hope the rooms are better taken care of.

I changed from Caribbean Beach Resort to AofA. When I did on line check in the room listed are for CBR. So I thought I would call or fax in my request, but than it dawned on my I don't know:
What to request
Is there a Fax number?

We have a Cars suite. Is there a preferred building? Preferred floor? A preferred side of the building. We are 4 adults with 1 3year old.

Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated.
TIA

25 days and we check into AofA. I'm really excited and nervous too after reading how shabby the check/lobby/food court is. I hope the rooms are better taken care of.

I stayed at AoA late last November. Our check-in was very easy, and we had another couple with us that also had an easy check-in - their room wasn't ready at the time, but everything else went smoothly, and AoA texted them when it was ready.

I thought the lobby was beautiful, so colorful and so Disney! We also liked the food court, it was just busy in the mornings but otherwise was fine.

Hope you have a wonderful stay!

I changed from Caribbean Beach Resort to AofA. When I did on line check in the room listed are for CBR. So I thought I would call or fax in my request, but than it dawned on my I don't know:
What to request
Is there a Fax number?

We have a Cars suite. Is there a preferred building? Preferred floor? A preferred side of the building. We are 4 adults with 1 3year old.

Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated.
TIA

I wouldn't worry about the "shabby" comments. We were at AoA in late June and I didn't see anything in the main building or guest rooms that I would call anything close to "shabby". I suppose there were things that were showing the wear of thousands of people using them every day, but nothing that caught my attention (we ate at Landscape of Flavors nearly every day and went there several times a day to refill our mugs. I also thought the bathrooms in the main building were fine.) I will admit that I don't go to Disney *looking* for all the imperfections. I'm just happy to be on vacation and not having to cook and clean for a week that I'm probably oblivious to any dirt, marks, scuffs, etc. that might be there. :)

As far as room requests, you can call (sorry, I don't have the number but I'm sure it's here somewhere....) and give them your requests. I would decide what is most important to you: close to main building/bus stops; lake view; pool view; quiet location; etc; rather than requesting a specific building. We always just request "close to food court and buses". We were in Lion King Building 10 at the end closest to Animation Hall and the bus stops (those things are at the end of the building closest to the Lion King section) and the location was perfect for us. You can see a map of the resort on the first page of this thread if you aren't familiar with the layout of the resort.

Last December we stayed in a Little Mermaid room for a couple nights and loved it. We were in the Very Last Room but we still loved it. Now we're getting ready for another much longer trip and I can't wait. I have, however, requested a closer building this time!

I've been working on a trip report from 2012's trip and have just gotten to the part when we checked in at AoA (I know it's taking me far too long, but I will be be done before we leave for this trip!), and I thought I'd share some of my photos here. If there's a separate thread for pictures, let me know and I'll move them. I looked around but didn't see any here or in the photography section.

The Lobby:

20121211disney120539.jpg

20121211disney120540.jpg

20121211disney120541.jpg

20121211disney120545.jpg

20121211disney120552.jpg

20121211disney120553.jpg

20121211disney120555.jpg

The Landscape of Flavors

20121211disney120559.jpg

20121211disney120560.jpg

20121211disney120562.jpg

The Nemo Section

20121211disney120564.jpg

20121211disney120565.jpg

20121211disney120566.jpg

20121211disney120603.jpg

20121211disney120604.jpg

20121211disney120608.jpg

20121211disney120610.jpg

20121211disney120612.jpg

20121211disney120613.jpg

20121211disney120615.jpg

More in my next post...

We just got back from 6 nights in the LM section, and I didn't find it to be shabby at all. (or the lobby or the food court) The lobby was very cheery!

We just got back from 6 nights in the LM section, and I didn't find it to be shabby at all. (or the lobby or the food court) The lobby was very cheery!

Which building were you in? What is the name of the farthest building ?

Like I said, our room was the very last room of the furthest building.

20121212disney120148-2.jpg

20121212disney120151-2.jpg

20121211disney120764.jpg

20121211disney120765.jpg

20121211disney120768.jpg

20121211disney120770.jpg

20121211disney120771.jpg

20121211disney120773.jpg

20121211disney120774.jpg

20121211disney120778.jpg

20121211disney120776.jpg

20121212disney120165-2.jpg

I hope that wasn't too much AoA spam for you all! We so loved staying in that room, and can't wait to get there again!!

Which building were you in? What is the name of the farthest building ?

We were in building 7, 2nd floor....can't remember the exact room number, but facing the pool and close to the ariel building. I had requested that building, but had also requested a lake view and close to the LK section. So, 1 out of 3 requests were made :) the noise at the pool wasn't bad...we weren't really around during the day to notice it, I'm sure it was worse then, but at night it died down fairly early.

We were in building 7, 2nd floor....can't remember the exact room number, but facing the pool and close to the ariel building. I had requested that building, but had also requested a lake view and close to the LK section. So, 1 out of 3 requests were made :) the noise at the pool wasn't bad...we weren't really around during the day to notice it, I'm sure it was worse then, but at night it died down fairly early.

Thanks! I think I will try for 7 or 9.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter