Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

When do you request a particular LM building? Close to when the reservation is?

We just got back from 6 nights in the LM section, and I didn't find it to be shabby at all. (or the lobby or the food court) The lobby was very cheery!

Ditto! I believe we stayed in 9, Triton tower?

Small note to those looking at the LM Room: When they say to be prepared for the walk back to your room after a day at the park, they aren't kidding. It's not impossible to handle, but after say, a night of MNSSHP, you tend to drag along the sidewalks hoping your room will magically drop in front of you.

And another thing- most nights when we returned around the 11-1AM block, sprinklers were in full force inside the LK Savannah, and on the outer ring leading to the LM rooms. Just in case any of y'all wanted a free shower back to the room ;)

The only thing, which I will probably mention a million more times in my TR as soon as I start it, was the food court occasionally smelled AWFUL. Like mold and vomit and unwashed bodies awful. I couldn't eat there some days because of it, and on the day we left when I went back in for a soda refill before the bus showed up, the smell was in full force to the point where it made me nauseous enough to toss my full cup within minutes of refilling it. Just thinking about it is turning my gut. :crazy2:

When do you request a particular LM building? Close to when the reservation is?

You can call the Walt Disney Travel Company at any time to add a building request to your reservation, or ask them to add it when you make the reservation. You don't need to wait until you get close to your arrival date.

You can note it on your online check-in and then FAX the same request a week before arrival.

Online check-in typically doesn't provide an ability to specify a building number request if that's what you want to add. Also, faxing requests isn't recommended as most WDW resorts don't accept faxes anymore.

You can call the Walt Disney Travel Company at any time to add a building request to your reservation, or ask them to add it when you make the reservation. You don't need to wait until you get close to your arrival date. Online check-in typically doesn't provide an ability to specify a building number request if that's what you want to add. Also, faxing requests isn't recommended anymore as most WDW resorts don't accept faxes anymore.

Thanks! Someone posted a couple of weeks ago that he requested online and sent a FAX. So, now it is basically just a phone request and luck?

Thanks! Someone posted a couple of weeks ago that he requested online and sent a FAX. So, now it is basically just a phone request and luck?

I believe you can make certain requests online but specific building numbers isn't one of those (I think it's a list of pre-determined requests that you choose from -- but I've never done online check-in so I'm only going by my memory of what I've read). And when you check in, if you don't like the location of your room, you can ask if there is a room that better suits your needs available. Sometimes there is, sometimes there isn't, but it never hurts to ask.

I believe you can make certain requests online but specific building numbers isn't one of those (I think it's a list of pre-determined requests that you choose from -- but I've never done online check-in so I'm only going by my memory of what I've read). And when you check in, if you don't like the location of your room, you can ask if there is a room that better suits your needs available. Sometimes there is, sometimes there isn't, but it never hurts to ask.

Thanks! We were able to change locations at POR and did receive what we requested at ASMo and POFQ without faxing in anything...so, we'll see what happens especially because I booked online where I couldn't put in any type of request.

Last summer I did Online Check-in for AoA. I could only check 2 requests out of about 10. It was things like top floor, ground floor, near transportation. There may have been section requests for the Suites like Nemo, Cars or Lion King but definitely not specific buildings.

I admit i didnt read the entire thread but I did try to search and couldnt find answer. We have little mermaid standard room reserved. Did it all online. I see that there are limited number of king sized beds available. How do I get one of those? I filled out online check in and there is no place to request this.

Thanks

I admit i didnt read the entire thread but I did try to search and couldnt find answer. We have little mermaid standard room reserved. Did it all online. I see that there are limited number of king sized beds available. How do I get one of those? I filled out online check in and there is no place to request this.

Thanks

For a king bed room request, you'll need to call Walt Disney Travel Company and have them add that to your reservation.

Does anyone know if you can request extra pillows when you get there? Are they fairly quick at bringing extra items or do you need to go get them?

Silly question, but what is the shampoo/soap situation? Is there conditioner? Is there an adequate supply for 5 people for an entire week or will I need to bring some from home? Thanks!!

Silly question, but what is the shampoo/soap situation? Is there conditioner? Is there an adequate supply for 5 people for an entire week or will I need to bring some from home? Thanks!!

It's the H2O brand shampoo w/conditioner. The bottles are tiny but you can ask your Mousekeeper to leave additional bottles. No need to bring any supplies from home.

I already have a Little Mermaid Room booked for our honeymoon. I called and requested a king size bed and a room as high up as possible. Is there anything else I should think of in relation to the room and resort itself?

I already have a Little Mermaid Room booked for our honeymoon. I called and requested a king size bed and a room as high up as possible. Is there anything else I should think of in relation to the room and resort itself?

How about a view of the lake? Also make sure they know you are there for your honeymoon and be sure to pick up the "Just Married" buttons when you check-in!

Can someone refresh my memory about the refillable mugs - how much are they or are they included with a package deal?

15 more days until check-in!!!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter