Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Thanks for your reply, this really helps! I was thinking about bringing an air mattress for one of the kids, so my 12 yr old can have a bed to himself. It amazes me how few rooms Disney has for 6 people.

Oh, they have rooms for 6+...they just cost more than what I'm willing to pay since we spend so little time at the resort. :) We actually have 5 kids (the oldest one is now married) so there were several trips where we were a party of 7. Two rooms pretty much *anywhere* was cheaper than a suite/villa that could accommodate all of us. We lucked out and always got connecting rooms when we requested them.

I know plenty of couples who sleep in a double/full-size bed every day at home (my husband and I did for many years). The challenge (for us) is when 2 adult-size siblings have to share that size bed....the "I don't want him/her TOUCHING ME!!!" issue comes up. :D

Yes, that might be an issue haha. But so far, my brother and sister have agreed to sleep in the same bed, leaving my parents to sleep together in the bedroom, and my youngest sister and I to sleep with the toddler. Who knows, though. Things could always change before our trip haha

Oh, they have rooms for 6+...they just cost more than what I'm willing to pay since we spend so little time at the resort. :) We actually have 5 kids (the oldest one is now married) so there were several trips where we were a party of 7. Two rooms pretty much *anywhere* was cheaper than a suite/villa that could accommodate all of us. We lucked out and always got connecting rooms when we requested them.
So very true! Yes, some places want a $1000 plus a night, which is crazy!! We are parks all day kind of people, so paying that much for a resort would not make since at all.

how comfortable are the Murphy beds, and pull out? Just got a finding nemo suite for november and trying to figure out sleeping arrangements.

Anyone have recent pictures of the menu boards at Landscape of Flavors? (Or are there now and feel like documenting the current offerings.) I'm just curious how accurate the online menus are vs. reality. Also, have they done anything to improve the chaos, having to wait in line more than once if your kids decide they each want something from a different station.....

Anyone have recent pictures of the menu boards at Landscape of Flavors? (Or are there now and feel like documenting the current offerings.) I'm just curious how accurate the online menus are vs. reality. Also, have they done anything to improve the chaos, having to wait in line more than once if your kids decide they each want something from a different station.....

Yes would like to know this also. Have 2 coming with us in June and they both eat different things.

Yes would like to know this also. Have 2 coming with us in June and they both eat different things.
We just left there Saturday and while I don't have a picture of the menu boards, I believe it was exactly what was listed on the Disney website. There are different lines for each station that you must wait in separately. Unfortunately that can be a pain when you want different things! My DH and I had to divide and conquer with the kids a few times!

Hi guys! First time staying at AoA this summer. Two logistics questions.

2. Buses. I've stayed at Pop Century many times, and I've never had a complaint about the buses. But this was before small children. Since we've had children, we've been to WDW twice - staying at the Poly and Caribbean Beach. We had no issues taking Disney transportation at either resort. This trip, we'll be driving, so we'll have a car. Which parks do you guys think we are better off driving to? My concern isn't necessarily waiting for the buses - my son actually loves the buses - what I am thinking about is the huge walk between the bus stops and some of the park entrances. Off the top of my head I feel like the walk from the Pop Century bus stop to the Epcot entrance is ridiculously long. Is it a shorter walk to park? We are rope droppers. Any other parks where we're better off driving?

We just got back from AoA on Saturday and this was our first stay at a Disney resort so we have nothing to compare it to, but we thought the buses were great! I was actually nervous before going because I hate standing around and waiting and would rather just get in my car and drive myself. In fact, we had a car rental (my DH needed it for the conference he was attending) and we ended up using the buses to the parks each day because they were so easy! We never had to wait too long and I didn't find the walk to the buses to be long at all....but I know AoA was often right next to Pop Century so if you found those to be a long walk you might find the AoA stop to be long also. We rope dropped every morning for 8 days straight and we never had difficulties getting to the park well before opening time!

We just left there Saturday and while I don't have a picture of the menu boards, I believe it was exactly what was listed on the Disney website. There are different lines for each station that you must wait in separately. Unfortunately that can be a pain when you want different things! My DH and I had to divide and conquer with the kids a few times!

Thanks for the info. Looks like we may end up with the divide and conquer method also.

how comfortable are the Murphy beds, and pull out? Just got a finding nemo suite for november and trying to figure out sleeping arrangements.
Slept in one in 2015 in a Lion King suite and it was comfortable for one adult. Granted, I was bone tired each night and was promoted from an air bed earlier in the trip, which might have swayed my opinion. Lol

My older teen/adult sons have slept on them during 3 trips. They found both of them to be comfortable enough to sleep on. The sofa bed is a little less comfortable than the table bed, but still more comfortable than a typical sofa bed. My older son said the table bed was more comfortable than any hotel bed he's slept in. I've never actually slept on either of those beds but I've lounged/napped on both of them and found them to be fairly comfortable. I actually like them better than the queen bed in the master bedroom. That mattress is (in my opinion) hard as a rock. I have to get extra blankets to fold up and use as a make-shift mattress topper in order to be comfortable enough to sleep. The first time we stayed there I ended up with a bruised hip from that bed (I'm a side sleeper) after 2 nights. I would like to take an actual foam topper to put on the mattress if we ever have room in the car for it.

Hey guys!! Anyone have any pictures of what the lake looks like with construction of the gondolas going on? Trying to decide if I should request a Lakeview or not..

My older teen/adult sons have slept on them during 3 trips. They found both of them to be comfortable enough to sleep on. The sofa bed is a little less comfortable than the table bed, but still more comfortable than a typical sofa bed. My older son said the table bed was more comfortable than any hotel bed he's slept in. I've never actually slept on either of those beds but I've lounged/napped on both of them and found them to be fairly comfortable. I actually like them better than the queen bed in the master bedroom. That mattress is (in my opinion) hard as a rock. I have to get extra blankets to fold up and use as a make-shift mattress topper in order to be comfortable enough to sleep. The first time we stayed there I ended up with a bruised hip from that bed (I'm a side sleeper) after 2 nights. I would like to take an actual foam topper to put on the mattress if we ever have room in the car for it.
Just read about egg crates being requested at the All Stars. Might one be able to request the same at AoA to soften the bed?

Hey guys!! Anyone have any pictures of what the lake looks like with construction of the gondolas going on? Trying to decide if I should request a Lakeview or not..
I don't have any pictures but we were there 2 weeks ago and stayed in Cars building 3 in a lakeview room (room 3808) and we couldn't really see any construction from our room at all. It probably depends on which section you're staying in. I would think the Lion King suites would see a bit more construction and Finding Nemo too, depending on which direction your room faces.

Just read about egg crates being requested at the All Stars. Might one be able to request the same at AoA to soften the bed?

Thank you! I will definitely ask for one next month if I don't manage to squeeze one in the car somewhere!

Can someone confirm that you don't have to be an AoA guest to take part in the drawing classes? We'll be staying at Pop in the fall, and I know ODS would love to do this.

Also, do I need to sign up in advance, or just mosey on over? If it's first come-first served, do they run out of spots or is the workshop big enough to accommodate anyone who wants to participate? If limited, how far in advance should we get there to make sure we get in? We're going Jersey Week (which I didn't know was a 'thing' before I booked because we're not from NJ), so WDW will probably be packed.

Can someone confirm that you don't have to be an AoA guest to take part in the drawing classes? We'll be staying at Pop in the fall, and I know ODS would love to do this.

Also, do I need to sign up in advance, or just mosey on over? If it's first come-first served, do they run out of spots or is the workshop big enough to accommodate anyone who wants to participate? If limited, how far in advance should we get there to make sure we get in? We're going Jersey Week (which I didn't know was a 'thing' before I booked because we're not from NJ), so WDW will probably be packed.

My kids did the drawing class 2 weeks ago. They didn't have to sign up at all, we just showed up at the time it started. You definitely wouldn't need to be an AoA guest. When we went to the 5pm class there were maybe 8 people in total sitting for the class. It was pretty informal, a guy just showed up at 5, handed out clipboards, paper, and pencils and started drawing (which showed up on the screen) and explained what he was doing so the kids could copy him (there were adults taking part too).

Has AoA installed the large shampoo and conditioner containers in the showers yet? Also, do the suites have mixed shampoo/conditioner or separate shampoo and separate conditioner ? Thank you!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter