Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

I'm headed down next week and got an email yesterday saying I could use my magic band to go straight to the room and bypass check-in. In the past I've always relied on the paper maps they give you at check-in to find the room. How do people locate their room if they bypass check-in?

I'm headed down next week and got an email yesterday saying I could use my magic band to go straight to the room and bypass check-in. In the past I've always relied on the paper maps they give you at check-in to find the room. How do people locate their room if they bypass check-in?

We got a text about an hour before our arrival time letting us know our exact room number. I knew the building number from that so I knew which direction to head. And there are signs all over the resort with directions to each building as well as signs at each building so you know which room numbers are which floor. The room number actually identifies the exact location. I *think* the first digit is the building number; second is the floor number; and the last 2 are the room number. So a room number of 6423 would be building 6; 4th floor; room 23 (though the room number at the door will still say 6423) We also got an e-mail prior to arrival (but after the text) that included a map of the resort. But just to be safe, I had saved a copy of the map on my phone before we left.

ETA: Actually, the 2nd digit of the room number will be a 5, 6, 7, or 8 which indicates floors 1-4. 5= 1st floor; 6 = 2nd floor, etc. here's part of the text from the e-mail we got just prior to arrival last summer:

Don’t forget, if you already have your MagicBand, you can go directly to your room without stopping at the front desk! Our Bell Services team will be available to assist you with your luggage upon arrival.
Your Disney Resort hotel: Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Your Resort area: Wide World of Sports Resort Area
Your room number: 6805
Your room location: 4th FloorLion KingBuilding 6
Click here to view a map of your Resort hotel.

Last edited:
We got a text about an hour before our arrival time letting us know our exact room number. I knew the building number from that so I knew which direction to head. And there are signs all over the resort with directions to each building as well as signs at each building so you know which room numbers are which floor. The room number actually identifies the exact location. I *think* the first digit is the building number; second is the floor number; and the last 2 are the room number. So a room number of 6423 would be building 6; 4th floor; room 23 (though the room number at the door will still say 6423) We also got an e-mail prior to arrival (but after the text) that included a map of the resort. But just to be safe, I had saved a copy of the map on my phone before we left.

ETA: Actually, the 2nd digit of the room number will be a 5, 6, 7, or 8 which indicates floors 1-4. 5= 1st floor; 6 = 2nd floor, etc. here's part of the text from the e-mail we got just prior to arrival last summer:

Don’t forget, if you already have your MagicBand, you can go directly to your room without stopping at the front desk! Our Bell Services team will be available to assist you with your luggage upon arrival.
Your Disney Resort hotel: Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Your Resort area: Wide World of Sports Resort Area
Your room number: 6805
Your room location: 4th FloorLion KingBuilding 6
Click here to view a map of your Resort hotel.

Thanks for such a complete answer. I should have known they would have the details worked out.

I'm working my way through the resorts and when I stayed at POR I arrived after dark and even with a map had a hard time finding my room. Fortunately I'll be arriving at AoA around noon.

I have not come across any inventory of how many king bed rooms there are in the LM section. The LM buildings size, number of floors, and layout are nearly identical to those at Pop Century, where some buildings have as few as 6 standard king bed rooms while some have as many as 24 accessible king bed rooms. I have not read what configurations LM has for its king bed rooms.

I can answer that a request for a king bed room is one you need to call and add to your reservation. It is not available as a request during online check-in.

Thank you, it seems like no one really knows how many there might be!

I'll call and try to explain that I'd like to request one, but not if it means giving up being close to the bus stop... Thanks for your help :)

My family of 4 adults is staying in a Lion King suite from May 3 - May 10. It's our first time visiting since 2000 and first time staying on property since 96! Even though the youngest "child" in the group is 27, we definitely don't mind the cartoony feeling of the resort. It was by far the cheapest option where we could sleep the 4 of us comfortably in one room, so it was a no-brainer. We're excited!

My family of 4 adults is staying in a Lion King suite from May 3 - May 10. It's our first time visiting since 2000 and first time staying on property since 96! Even though the youngest "child" in the group is 27, we definitely don't mind the cartoony feeling of the resort. It was by far the cheapest option where we could sleep the 4 of us comfortably in one room, so it was a no-brainer. We're excited!

We just got back from our first ever value stay. We did the AOA cars family suite...our youngest was 16 and the oldest 25 -- not counting me. We loved everything about the AOA and having 2 bathrooms was the best part! Please note, it was a split stay with the GF first (only 4 of us there so we made the 1 bath work) -- the over the top theming were a well appreciated part of the trip.

Tom

Thanks for such a complete answer. I should have known they would have the details worked out.

I'm working my way through the resorts and when I stayed at POR I arrived after dark and even with a map had a hard time finding my room. Fortunately I'll be arriving at AoA around noon.

I hadn't thought about that. We're staying in June pre-cruise and arriving late vial ME. Never stayed at AoA before. Is the resort big enough that bell services takes you by cart?

I hadn't thought about that. We're staying in June pre-cruise and arriving late vial ME. Never stayed at AoA before. Is the resort big enough that bell services takes you by cart?
The Cars and
Hello! Sorry if this has been answered somewhere, but how is the wifi here? My husband has to work while we are there and we need to make sure there is good wifi. Last time we stayed I don't remember it being horrible, but we didn't stay at this resort.
Last time we stayed, the wifi was good. I was able to work remotely - although I would say I only used it for quick bursts of work, not all day long.

Thanks for this thread. We just reserved a suite for next month in AoA (child's preference) and I'm just starting the search process. The most pressing matter at this time is where to eat there. Is there a restaurant there or just places for snacks? We are on the Dining plan (not deluxe).
There is just a food court. It's pretty expansive, though. Salad bar, burgers, sandwiches, pasta, etc.

There is just a food court. It's pretty expansive, though. Salad bar, burgers, sandwiches, pasta, etc.
And right across Generation Gap Bridge at Pop Century is another Food Court,Everything Pop,with many different offerings than Landscape of Flavor.

Between the two,there are a lot of choices.:)

Just booked a LM room for my twin daughters and I for next month.

I want to do online check in so looking for advice on room location.

I hear noise can be an issue - I like ground floor but wondering if it will be too loud? Should I go highest floor?

Thanks for any advice!

Just booked a LM room for my twin daughters and I for next month.

I want to do online check in so looking for advice on room location.

I hear noise can be an issue - I like ground floor but wondering if it will be too loud? Should I go highest floor?

Thanks for any advice!

We just stayed in Cars == requested highest floor and near transportation, we got ground floor near transportation. It wasn't overly noisy.

Tom

We have booked for Cars Room.
We have never been to this resort.

From the map, it looks like Building 1 is closest to the Main Building.
My question are:

Is Building 2 really far away? Or not that much?
Do you have to walk to the middle of buildings 1 and 3 to enter the building anyways? Can you enter at the end part closest to the Main Building?

We have booked for Cars Room.
We have never been to this resort.

From the map, it looks like Building 1 is closest to the Main Building.
My question are:

Is Building 2 really far away? Or not that much?
Do you have to walk to the middle of buildings 1 and 3 to enter the building anyways? Can you enter at the end part closest to the Main Building?

We were in Building 3 and the walk from there to Animation Hall was pretty much exactly the same as from building 1. Building 2 is probably 5 minutes longer walk at a leisurely pace. I believe you are able to enter the buildings from the ends, however, our magic bands never seemed to open them and I saw many other people not able to open them as well. This was our first time at AOA and first value....we LOVED every bit of it, and it was a split stay between the GF first and the AOA, so that gives you some perspective!

Tom

We were in Building 3 and the walk from there to Animation Hall was pretty much exactly the same as from building 1. Building 2 is probably 5 minutes longer walk at a leisurely pace. I believe you are able to enter the buildings from the ends, however, our magic bands never seemed to open them and I saw many other people not able to open them as well. This was our first time at AOA and first value....we LOVED every bit of it, and it was a split stay between the GF first and the AOA, so that gives you some perspective!

Tom

Thanks for your reply. We are doing split stay also.
CBR and then AoA. I hope things will go smooth.

Just had another question: Is there resort-specific merchandise for sale in the gift shop? We love those kind of things.

Thanks for your reply. We are doing split stay also.
CBR and then AoA. I hope things will go smooth.

Just had another question: Is there resort-specific merchandise for sale in the gift shop? We love those kind of things.

I think there is, but we didn't spend much time in the gift shop. Too tired from all the parks!

Tom

I'm sure this has been answered before, but I'm too tired to search. Is it possible to request a microwave in a LM room? We will have a new baby and if she's not exclusively breastfed, we will need a way to warm bottles
Apparently this needs to be edited because all of the parenting police have a problem with me not giving enough details on how I warm bottles. I use the microwave to warm a container of water, then place the bottle in the container to warm it. Now there's no need to try to teach me how to prepare a bottle, please just let me know if you have any experience with requesting a microwave.

Last edited:

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest