Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Does anyone know if checking in at the 60 day mark helps to get the room requests you can indicate online? We would love the lake view and close to transportation in the Cars Suites, so I checked those options. Hopefully checking in so early will aid us in getting that request!

I know they don't start assigning rooms until about 5-7 days before arrival and I don't know how they determine what order to start doing those assignments, but I can tell you that I did our online check-in at the 60-day mark and we got both of our requests (4th floor, close to transportation) and the room was ready about 90 minutes before our expected arrival time. I certainly don't think it hurts to do the requests at the 60-day mark.

Thanks for this thread. We just reserved a suite for next month in AoA (child's preference) and I'm just starting the search process. The most pressing matter at this time is where to eat there. Is there a restaurant there or just places for snacks? We are on the Dining plan (not deluxe).

There is no table service restaurant at AoA, but there is a very good QS food court style restaurant. Pop Century also has a QS food court restaurant just a short walk over the bridge from AoA.

Does the LM section offer any connecting rooms?

Yes, there are some connecting rooms in the LM section. They can be requested, but there is no guarantee. Disney does their best to honor requests, but the LM section is usually booked to capacity all year round which can make honoring room requests tricky. If you decide to request connecting rooms, I would suggest not making any other room requests in addition to that.

Thank you so much. The QS should be enough most of the time, but we'll find a table service spot for dinner as needed. It's mostly the wife and her mother (who's accompany wife and me) who want a table dinner.

I have an ADR for Hollywood & Vine at 8:00 a.m.
What time will I have to get the bus in the morning to get there in plenty of time?

Hi, how about the suites? How many beds does it has? We are six adults and a 2.5 years infant. Will be better to have a suite and a standard room? Thank you

Last edited:
Hi, how about the suites? How many beds does it has? We are six adults and a 2.5 years infant. Will be better to have a suite and a standard room? Thank you

The suites have 1 queen size bed, 1 fullsize sleeper sofa and one 1 pulldown fullsize table bed.

Tom

Does anyone know how many King rooms there are in the Little Mermaid buildings and where they're situated (i.e are they the same place in each building?)

Also is it an option you can request during online check in?

Trying to decide if having a King room is more important than being slightly closer to the bus stop. If there's not many King rooms I might not even bother asking, as I don't want to risk requesting it, not getting it and then still being miles from everything!

Thanks in advance!

Hello! Sorry if this has been answered somewhere, but how is the wifi here? My husband has to work while we are there and we need to make sure there is good wifi. Last time we stayed I don't remember it being horrible, but we didn't stay at this resort.

Quick question, does Art of Animation have Bell Services or a place to keep our luggage if our room isn't ready?

We are planning for Feb 2017 and trying to decide on resort. Thinking of AOA but have a couple of questions.
1. I know there are corridors with inside doors but how do yo get into the building. Are there doors on each end and in the middle. My hubby has heart issues and won't use a scooter so trying to minimize walking for him.
2.Do the buses load like at other values with specific bus stops for each park
3. Where are bus stops to return to resort at each park, are they the furthest away.

Thanks

We are planning for Feb 2017 and trying to decide on resort. Thinking of AOA but have a couple of questions.
1. I know there are corridors with inside doors but how do yo get into the building. Are there doors on each end and in the middle. My hubby has heart issues and won't use a scooter so trying to minimize walking for him.
2.Do the buses load like at other values with specific bus stops for each park
3. Where are bus stops to return to resort at each park, are they the furthest away.

Thanks

1. Yes, there are exterior entrance doors at the end of each wing as well as a main entrance in the center of the building.

2. Yes, there is a specific bus stop for each park and the bonus at AoA is, the bus stops are completely covered so you're mostly protected from sun and rain while waiting for the bus (though depending on the time of day, the sun does shine on part of the line.

3. The bus stops for AoA at the parks do tend to be one of the furthest away. :(

The suites have a separate bedroom with a queen bed. In the main part of the suite, there is a pull-down full size table bed and a pull-out full size sofa bed.

When we stayed with two adults and five young children, there was plenty of space. With six adults, I think you might feel a bit cramped. Yes, there is sleeping space for all six of you, but four of you will be on full size, rather than queen, beds. There are two full bathrooms, though, which definitely helps.

A suite and a standard room would give you more breathing room, but the buildings at AoA are either all suites or all standard rooms. If you booked one of each, two of you would be in the Little Mermaid wing, and the rest in one of the suite wings. So no chance of nearby or connecting rooms. If you want to get as close as possible, book your suite in the Lion King section, which is next to the Little Mermaid section. But you can still be a considerable distance apart.

We just spent a week here in a Cars Suite and really liked it! We were 5 adults and we fit comfortably. Loved the 2 bathrooms and sink/mirror apart from the shower/toilet area. Lots of room in the drawers too. My son (17) and hubby slept in the bedroom and it was good for them. My dd (20) and I slept on the table bed which is a double so a little smaller but we were so tired each night we fell right asleep so didn't feel too crowded! DD boyfriend slept on the sofa bed and found it comfortable too. Loved the night stands on each side of bed for phones, water bottles, etc.. We were in Cars Building 2 and it seemed a bit far from Food Court but it was only a 3 minute walk. The pool was nice by our room too with cute pylon little huts to stay out of sun and have some privacy. Love the inner corridors and elevators. We were a bit worried being 5 adults in such a kid hotel, but found it cute and fun!

Hello! Sorry if this has been answered somewhere, but how is the wifi here? My husband has to work while we are there and we need to make sure there is good wifi. Last time we stayed I don't remember it being horrible, but we didn't stay at this resort.

We found it really good in the Cars section.

Does anyone know how many King rooms there are in the Little Mermaid buildings and where they're situated (i.e are they the same place in each building?)

Also is it an option you can request during online check in?

Trying to decide if having a King room is more important than being slightly closer to the bus stop. If there's not many King rooms I might not even bother asking, as I don't want to risk requesting it, not getting it and then still being miles from everything!

Thanks in advance!

I have not come across any inventory of how many king bed rooms there are in the LM section. The LM buildings size, number of floors, and layout are nearly identical to those at Pop Century, where some buildings have as few as 6 standard king bed rooms while some have as many as 24 accessible king bed rooms. I have not read what configurations LM has for its king bed rooms.

I can answer that a request for a king bed room is one you need to call and add to your reservation. It is not available as a request during online check-in.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter