Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

It was an upgrade. I had a choice between Coronado Springs and POR. I went with POR. I am excited for us to try something new 🎉

Edited to add: They gave us a Royal Room, which I thought was undesirable, but it looks like the undesirable are Pirate Rooms, and the Royal Rooms are a great option! So exciting!
That is very lucky. I have a stay coming up in August at Movies as well. If I got to choose an upgrade I also would ha e chosen POR

That is very lucky. I have a stay coming up in August at Movies as well. If I got to choose an upgrade I also would ha e chosen POR
When the latest round of discounts came out we decided to do a split stay between POR and Movies. I am very happy

Hi all.

Is the food court refurbishment work still going on at Movies? It was originally scheduled to finish end of July, but I wondered if it has been extended as the Disney World site is still reporting work (albeit with the July 31 end date).

Thanks all!

Hi all.

Is the food court refurbishment work still going on at Movies? It was originally scheduled to finish end of July, but I wondered if it has been extended as the Disney World site is still reporting work (albeit with the July 31 end date).

Thanks all!
I think I read that the food court refurb has been extended to mid August. Maybe someone else has more correct info as I’m also curious

I think I read that the food court refurb has been extended to mid August. Maybe someone else has more correct info as I’m also curious
Hi - as a follow up to my original question, I did a room request yesterday via MDE and asked the cast member the status of the refurbishment work - she told me it finished July 31st! However, the webpage for the hotel has been updated to say mid-August, so I’m none the wiser…. I’ll find out for sure this time next week!

Hi all.

Thanks all!
Yes, still ongoing as of 8/4. Mobile order only and everything is behind plastic sheeting.

Edit: not sheeting, partitions 🤣

Last edited:
Hi all.

Thanks all!
We arrived yesterday. I asked and was told it is expected to be done by the 12th

We arrived yesterday. I asked and was told it is expected to be done by the 12th
I hope so. DfB posted an article yesterday and said a cast member told them fall or later. I arrive on the 28th and definitely would have chosen a different resort if that's the case.

For anyone not aware,the Mighty Ducks section at Movies is SUPER CLOSE-2 or 3 minutes walk-from Intermission Food Court at Music.

Even if not staying in Mighty Ducks,I would still take the short walk over to Intermission if I wasn't in the mood for the Movies Mobile Order experience at times.

For anyone not aware,the Mighty Ducks section at Movies is SUPER CLOSE-2 or 3 minutes walk-from Intermission Food Court at Music.

Even if not staying in Mighty Ducks,I would still take the short walk over to Intermission if I wasn't in the mood for the Movies Mobile Order experience at times.
I’ve stayed Mighty Ducks more than once. The walk over to the Music food court is actually shorter than to Movies. We timed it once and it’s approx half.

I booked a preferred room to be closer to the main building

I’ve stayed Mighty Ducks more than once. The walk over to the Music food court is actually shorter than to Movies. We timed it once and it’s approx half.
I room requested Mighty Ducks earlier in the week, so here’s hoping…!

Thanks all for the replies to my original question.

No doubt.

When we stay in Mighty Ducks we call it staying Standard at Movies AND Preferred at Music.lol

When we were there last month they even had some temporary signs in Mighty Ducks directing Guests who wanted to use the Music Food Court.

1722962953074.png

1722963122020.png

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest