Disneyland Halloween Half Marathon Weekend 2024

So just want to put this out here.. I am the one who started this thread and when I posted it, I was just announcing the new race. I sadly will not be doing the race. So if you guys want like someone who has the first post with all the people in it maybe we need to start a new thread for the race. Just food for thought so if you guys do not care about that continue on and have fun at Disneyland Halloween race. Soo jealous.
This thread was started almost 4 months ago. I am not worried about who made the first post, I am glad you did. I see no need for a change.

That’s correct, there’s not a specific moderator for the runD board. A Webmaster would be needed to move/merge/etc posts or threads. Generally speaking most mods only have moderator options ‘turned on’ for their board (like in my case, Resorts), but not on other corners of the DIS.

I tried to follow the trail above but it was a little confusing (and my coffee hasn’t kicked in yet) - any way someone could summarize what you’re looking to do so I can go ask the right person?

TY!

The original poster does not plan to do the race and therefore doesn't want any ongoing responsibility for the thread. Honestly, I don't think we need to start anything new, or merge. I think re-titling the thread to something like "Disneyland Halloween Weekend 2024" (in the mode of other threads, e.g. Marathon Weekend 2025) would be sufficient. It would also correct the misspelling in the original title.

The original poster does not plan to do the race and therefore doesn't want any ongoing responsibility for the thread. Honestly, I don't think we need to start anything new, or merge. I think re-titling the thread to something like "Disneyland Halloween Weekend 2024" (in the mode of other threads, e.g. Marathon Weekend 2025) would be sufficient. It would also correct the misspelling in the original title.
Agreed, a thread title update would probably suffice here.

Ohh I can fix title if that is all people want :) That is easy. I just do not want to do the managing on the first page on who is doing what part that I see in a lot of the rundinsey threads since I am not doing this race and yeah my spelling is horrible on my phone.

Ohh I can fix title if that is all people want :) That is easy. I just do not want to do the managing on the first page on who is doing what part that I see in a lot of the rundinsey threads since I am not doing this race and yeah my spelling is horrible on my phone.
I would entitle the thread "Disneyland Halloween Half Marathon Weekend 2024" so it does not get mistaken for a general Halloween thread for Disneyland.

That twitter account suggested joining Telegram - which I did - feels like a SCAM collecting info then said the referenced runDisAlert did not exist... Scam?!?

I have used Telegram for several races. My husband and mother were able to get challenge slots on registration day for the Disneyland Halloween, but I wasn't able to get the 5K or 10K (I was willing to do either, but they sold out before my queue number was up). I got in on the 10K this morning from a Telegram alert.

I am following the RunDisney Disneyland Halloween Alerts chat and that's how I saw it today.

I have used Telegram for several races. My husband and mother were able to get challenge slots on registration day for the Disneyland Halloween, but I wasn't able to get the 5K or 10K (I was willing to do either, but they sold out before my queue number was up). I got in on the 10K this morning from a Telegram alert.

I am following the RunDisney Disneyland Halloween Alerts chat and that's how I saw it today.
Congrats on getting in! I know it's not easy with those alerts, but they do work sometimes.

Congrats on getting in! I know it's not easy with those alerts, but they do work sometimes.

I thought for sure I wouldn't this morning, the alert came through that it was closed again as I was typing in my credit card, but I kept going and imagine my surprise when I got the "You're In" message! I was fully expecting the "this event is full" screen.

I think part of the key is going right in the link that Telegram provides and being willing to try the registration on your phone (not my favorite, but I will do it). And being willing to try multiple times before you are successful. I just got really lucky this morning.

I thought for sure I wouldn't this morning, the alert came through that it was closed again as I was typing in my credit card, but I kept going and imagine my surprise when I got the "You're In" message! I was fully expecting the "this event is full" screen.

I think part of the key is going right in the link that Telegram provides and being willing to try the registration on your phone (not my favorite, but I will do it). And being willing to try multiple times before you are successful. I just got really lucky this morning.
I'm glad someone was able to get in with that alert! I was getting ready so didn't have my phone on me. By the time I looked, it was obviously closed again. I'm still waiting and hoping I'll time it right so I can get in for the 5k and 10k but my friend is supposed to be researching charities so we can be sure of getting a bib for at least one race.

I'm glad someone was able to get in with that alert! I was getting ready so didn't have my phone on me. By the time I looked, it was obviously closed again. I'm still waiting and hoping I'll time it right so I can get in for the 5k and 10k but my friend is supposed to be researching charities so we can be sure of getting a bib for at least one race.

I was sitting at my desk at work but had nothing pressing, so could stop and grab it that second. I only wanted one distance or the other, so I'm out of your way now for the next alert! I'll send positive vibes your way!

Has anyone stayed at the Sheraton Park Hotel for a Disneyland race, or just there for a Disneyland trip in general? I booked it for the race weekend in September because it looked nice enough (I am a big fan of hotels with interior hallways), it was in my price range, and it seemed walkable enough to everything. I just haven't met anyone who has stayed there (including my Disney TA who has stayed practically everywhere).

Thanks! Tho
Has anyone stayed at the Sheraton Park Hotel for a Disneyland race, or just there for a Disneyland trip in general? I booked it for the race weekend in September because it looked nice enough (I am a big fan of hotels with interior hallways), it was in my price range, and it seemed walkable enough to everything. I just haven't met anyone who has stayed there (including my Disney TA who has stayed practically everywhere).
Haven't stayed there, but been in the lobby and got coffee there. It is definitely walkable and they have a bus stop right there, so if you get lucky with timing it's super quick to the park.

That’s where I am booked! I know people that stayed there and were happy with it.

Thanks for confirming not a scam - I just try not to assume "everything" we see on disboards is legit and this seemed odd.

Thanks for confirming not a scam - I just try not to assume "everything" we see on disboards is legit and this seemed odd.
I built the alerts and can definitely promise the Telegram ones aren't a scam, it was just an easy system to build them on and keep them free. But we do have the alerts on other platforms besides Telegram that might be more comfortable to use. If you do a Google search for runDisAlerts, you'll find links to them easily.

That’s where I am booked! I know people that stayed there and were happy with it.
I booked Sheraton Park Hotel too, and appreciate the feedback. I have stayed in about a dozen hotels in the area, but never tried this one.

And hooray! Got into the 10K. Just myself this time. Kids are back in college after Labor Day weekend, so I'm running my first solo run (and a little shorter than the DL 1/2 we just did).

I booked Sheraton Park Hotel too, and appreciate the feedback. I have stayed in about a dozen hotels in the area, but never tried this one.

And hooray! Got into the 10K. Just myself this time. Kids are back in college after Labor Day weekend, so I'm running my first solo run (and a little shorter than the DL 1/2 we just did).
Hey so I’ve stayed there before and actually will be staying there for the race weekend. Just so your aware Let’s Get Kronk the hotel is split between two buildings. Not a bad thing just wanted to point it out since you mentioned interior halls (which it does have).

It actually has fantastic from room firework viewing in one building if there running during the weekend.

The hotel is about a mile from the start/finish no matter which one really. Even if we do get a 5k park start. Which is partly why I picked it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter