Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend 2025

Touch of Disney still holds title for the worst for me. We were crashing the site on the hour every hour because they didn't give us a start time
I missed that mess entirely. Actually didn't know it existed but looking at the info I can see why the crash happened. That still sucks though,

I feel like runDisney is the relationship you are in that all your friends are like, "why are you with them? They don't treat you well at all". And you know your friends are kinda right but like 3 times a year they show you a really good time.

Stockholm Syndrome?

Also add me to the group who got the rD page to load and then promptly crashed a second later. Well at least something is showing even if it keeps disappearing?

Also seeing discussion about lotto again on social media. Which with C2C back I don't think its a potential to fix as some people think it is. Because even if you lotto most of the field you'll have people who want C2C and most races with challenges like that have guaranteed entry somewhere.

Which means will just end up right back where we started in some shape or form.

My page came up for a minute, too, before crashing back to the Dwarves. It was the main homepage, but there weren't any links or menus. Closer ...? I'm keeping amused by Twitter and FB comments.
I've taken to screenshotting my favorite comments to make a TikTok about when this is all over.

Also seeing discussion about lotto again on social media. Which with C2C back I don't think its a potential to fix as some people think it is.
I remember when The Broad Street Run in Philly went to a lottery system. It made sense because it is a one-off race; i.e. there are no "challenges" with it, and there's usually about a 75% chance to get in. They determined that there are about 40,000 people looking for 30,000 spots.

But rD is different, there are the different challenges, and the C2C. We can't just have rD say "nope, you lost that lottery" That would rather suck.

Not only that, but rD doesn't care which 20,000 people get a registration, just that all the slots are filled. If it's first-come-first-served or a lottery, they don't care, they get their money. And making it a lottery is more work for them for no more profit.

Now imagine a bidding system for the races 😬

I remember when The Broad Street Run in Philly went to a lottery system. It made sense because it is a one-off race; i.e. there are no "challenges" with it, and there's usually about a 75% chance to get in. They determined that there are about 40,000 people looking for 30,000 spots.

But rD is different, there are the different challenges, and the C2C. We can't just have rD say "nope, you lost that lottery" That would rather suck.

Not only that, but rD doesn't care which 20,000 people get a registration, just that all the slots are filled. If it's first-come-first-served or a lottery, they don't care, they get their money. And making it a lottery is more work for them for no more profit.

Now imagine a bidding system for the races 😬
Yeah and a thing I think gets forgotten is most lottos have some other way of still getting in beyond charity. Most of them have some kind of time qualifier at the very least. Which is not something rD has ever done. Partly because they want to promote being beginning friendly. And while they do get some good athletes here they don't push the elite fields like some races do.

So it seems counter to a lot of what rD is.

Plus again like you said the challenges cause a mess that don't exist with most lottos.

I missed that mess entirely. Actually didn't know it existed but looking at the info I can see why the crash happened. That still sucks though,

It was terrible. They gave us a day but no time. So starting at midnight PT we all began refreshing. Crashed hard every hour until they finally opened it hours later. But DLR was still closed at the time with no opening confirmed so people went feral.

And the first several who got in were promptly kicked out to the back of the line. It was a huge mess. It's the reason I've been sharing queues since early 2021 because Disney just told all those people too bad, so sad.

Downside is now they've started blocking link sharing of queues for a lot of the DLR events. runDisney at DLR is to my knowledge the only remaining exception for DLR. OBB they fully took away our ability to share links

What now? Just exercising patience and keep refreshing?
If I were to guess, they send an update via social media announcing a new start time once they figure out the problem. But this is RD so I don't have confidence in that guess and I would refresh every so often in the meantime.

I would imagine that they will give a new start time for registration here in a bit after they get everything resolved like they did for Marathon Weekend 2023 when the site crashed. I would just hold tight and wait for the next update.

Pretty much. I’ve moved to doing some cleaning and getting ready for other stuff. And waiting until either the page starts working or rD posts something. Probably both

Thanks in advance to others for a) keeping us company, and b) sharing any info you get. I was very sad not to get into the 5k last time. Fingers (and Groot branches) crossed for this one!

Tomorrow is a holiday, so if they pushed it to tomorrow there might be "holiday pay" and people who were promised the day off ... so a one day push is not as feasible as usually would be.

Tomorrow is a holiday, so if they pushed it to tomorrow there might be "holiday pay" and people who were promised the day off ... so a one day push is not as feasible as usually would be.
Honestly I am guilty of hoping if they push it past tomorrow that it will be next week or something. Because I am flying tomorrow.

Though I still have the problem of having a doctors appointment next week..:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter