Disneyland Half Marathon 2024

BTW, according to my kid, crazy amounts of W&D merch ended up at the castmember store.
Yes, items will go to our Cast Connection and to the outlets as well. Alot of it is really small or really large sizes.

Yep. Happens every race weekend and it is ridiculous. Bottom line is Disney does not care who is buying, just that they are buying. There are plenty of ways they could remedy this. I'd love to see pre-orders of all merch for your registered distances, limit 1 or 2 per item, and require app checkout so they can enforce the limits.

This would also help them cut costs, as they know within a pretty tight margin how much to order. Add 10-20% more for the expo for those who missed the preorder or decided they want something else, along with the generic rD merch and they could get pretty close to matching demand. (Ballparking, but knowing how much data they collect, they know exactly what sells.) No more dumping all the extra merch after the race at the cast store or outlets.
I think you are commenting that the company as a whole doesn't care, because stuff is selling to someone. There ARE people that work there that agree about the resellers getting away with too much, etc, but their hands are tied, to some extent, with what can be done. I have felt that DL was more strict than we are here at WDW. I am in a FB group where a couple of AP holders had their AP suspended because they were going into the park and buying items with their discount to resell.

While there are people out there who will pay the reseller prices, there will be resellers, unfortunately. I won't make it there until Thursday afternoon (geez, as soon as I land at SNA I am hoping to jump in the VQ) and there are things I want, but if I don't get them, I don't get them. I didn't want the bundle without seeing what I was buying, especially since I won't get my discount that way.

(cross posted in MW thread) I have never really been driven by medals, but I was bummed when I saw that this year’s C2C was a new design (and I’m not a fan 😂), and I realized how much I wanted the Walt and Mickey one. I blame the peak training madness, but I got an old one from eBay and ordered a custom ribbon off of Etsy. I’m very superstitious so it was hard to unpack them now, but I wanted to make sure my plan would work. It does, and I have enough ribbon left for two more medals, so if anyone wants a medal-length piece that’s says “Coast to Coast 2024” I’m happy to meet up in FL or CA in the next couple weeks.

Attachments

• 4F9AE777-3F7A-4C44-9974-6FAD939A7AF5.jpeg
    4F9AE777-3F7A-4C44-9974-6FAD939A7AF5.jpeg
    82.3 KB · Views: 15
Okay when is everyone leaving in the morning to get to the race? I am conflicted.

I normally like leaving on the first bus at WDW runs to get to all character photos. I also like hot breakfast food but I am looking at food times and places won't open till 4am but the stage area opens at 3:30... and the stage area does not have food trucks. So should I wait till 4am get food then go to stage area or go to stage area right at 3:30 so I can get all the character pics. What are guys thoughts and what are u guys doing in the morning?

Okay when is everyone leaving in the morning to get to the race? I am conflicted.

I normally like leaving on the first bus at WDW runs to get to all character photos. I also like hot breakfast food but I am looking at food times and places won't open till 4am but the stage area opens at 3:30... and the stage area does not have food trucks. So should I wait till 4am get food then go to stage area or go to stage area right at 3:30 so I can get all the character pics. What are guys thoughts and what are u guys doing in the morning?

Our hotel (Clementine) is literally right around the corner from the entrance to the corrals. That being said, I'm going to leave myself PLENTY of time to get to where I need to be as I suspect that there will be some "glitches" in the system on Saturday morning (primarily, I'm thinking with security). Right now, I'm thinking of leaving the room between 3:45 and 4:00.

Once we get "on the ground" and see where things are, I might adjust this plan.

First edit: wrong thread.... I was stuck in Florida mode!

I'm staying on Harbor, so I'm not far from the 10k/half start area. I might try to keep some stuff in room to munch on while getting to the start area. I hope the McDonald's on Harbor will see everyone walking about and stay open all night?

Last edited:
I drive, so I'll probably be leaving AKV at around 3:10 to try to be at the Epcot toolbooth at 3:30.

I thought the ones in the staging area opened a little earlier. The Joffries truck is open with the crowds. I think where the pizza cone and stuff also opens when they see enough people walking around.

This is the DisneyLAND race thread. I almost did the same thing. ;)

The start of figuring out pre-race meetup locations and the Disneyland DIS List:

5k - Friday

Screenshot 2023-12-29 at 1.57.55 PM.png

Race starts inside Disneyland just to the southeast of the castle. The last time I was able to find a race starting inside the Disneyland park was in 2013. Here's a youtube video for reference.

I can't tell if there were corrals that year either, but it doesn't look like it based on the bibs.

Based on the event guide, the staging area and corrals open at 4:00am with a race start at 5:00am. There doesn't appear to be a queueing area other than the corrals themselves. So maybe meeting up outside one of the Main Street USA buildings from like 4:00-4:20am and then people can be on their way if desired. Maybe Plaza Point which is the last building on Main Street USA before you reach the main circle area.

Screenshot 2023-12-29 at 2.09.07 PM.png

Tortilla Joe's meetup - Friday at 2pm

Putting this here, but it was previously discussed about doing a Hurricane Hannah's like meetup outside of the race mornings on Friday at 2pm at Tortilla Jo's.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/downtown-disney-district/tortilla-jos/

Is there an outdoor bar area that's accessible without reservations like Hurricane Hannah's?

10k/HM - Saturday/Sunday

Here is the pre-race map for the 10k/HM. The timing is the same for both events:

3:30am staging area opens
4:00am corrals open
5:00am race starts

Screenshot 2023-12-29 at 2.17.13 PM.png

I wasn't able to find any Google Maps images from inside that particular parking lot, but I was able to find an image from Disney Way. The following image is taken roughly where the letter "B" appears on the above image.

Screenshot 2023-12-29 at 2.23.28 PM.png

So again, the above image would be like if I were standing in the "B" corral for the 10k/HM and looking back at the staging area. The entrance to the parking lot makes a natural pinch point for checking bibs entering into the corrals.

If I zoom in on the parking lot and looking dead center from this entrance on the right side, you can see three tall light poles.

Screenshot 2023-12-29 at 2.46.08 PM.png

Comparing this image to the pre-race staging area and I think I can determine with some confidence that the stage is going to be setup along the covered fence and by those trees on the northside of the parking lot. That's where the three light poles are. The one marked in red is the furthest north and closest to the stage. The second one marked in yellow is in the middle of the line of them and doesn't have a security camera attached at the top. The third is marked in green and does have a security camera attached. To the west of those three tall light poles are three others that are south of what I'm calling "Entrance A". One by Entrance A, one by the portas on the other side of that hedge, and the one in the middle. I'm proposing we meet at the one in the middle. If all else fails, just keep visiting the middle light poles and eventually you should find us. Best I can tell, there's only two middle ones to choose from as the third looks like it should be in the finisher area. For a staging area map, I'm thinking it looks something like this:

Screenshot 2023-12-29 at 2.49.46 PM.png

I'm planning on being at Entrance B at 3:30am and will head straight to the meet up location. I'll probably be there from 3:30-3:45am if possible. But I need to be towards the front of the corral A, so I'll probably make my way over towards the corrals around when they are scheduled to open at 4:00am. Although others are certainly welcome to stick around there longer.

Once we get a consensus as to whether these meetup ideas will work, I'll put something together.

Additionally, as requested, @The Expert would like something like Marathon Weekend's DIS List for this Disneyland race. So if you want to be on the DIS List, please give me the following information for each of the races you are participating in. Either myself or @The Expert will compile the list and send it out:

2024 DISNEYLAND DIS LIST

Alright everyone, as promised I will put together a spreadsheet that has everyone that wishes to participate in the spreadsheet's information on it. We do this as a means to help people find each other on race day at either the pre-race/post-race meet-ups, in the starting groups, or just by chance on the course. I will ask for information and you can choose to provide or not provide any information as you desire (or not participate at all). The only key parts are Dis name, estimated pace/POT from registration, and expected pace. All others are optional. This will also be helpful to your family and spectators because it provides "time of day" markers for when you should reach different milestones based on your estimated pace and starting time (starting group).

So for every race that you (or friend/family member) plan to participate in (so Dumbo people I need each race separately, 5k, 10k, HM) please provide me the following:

RACE -
NAME -
DIS'er name -
Costume/Clothing -
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration -
Club runDisney Platinum? -
(Yes or No)
Pre-Race Meet-up? - (Yes or No)
Front, Middle, or Back of starting group -
Early Bird or Late Arriver -
Expected Race Pace -

I will compile everyone's response into a single spreadsheet and then distribute this when we get closer to race day. As for the optional items, the following reasons have been given for why someone may choose not to provide:

NAME - Because I want internet anonymity. Just first name or initials are fine. Or nothing at all is fine too.
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration: If you know now that you will be starting in a different group than assigned, then give me the group you plan to start in. The estimate for the M/HM should be the estimated finish time you selected (for instance 4:30-5:00 for a M or Dopey). I will assume one starting group on a single HM/M bib for Dopey runners. So whatever your M assignment will be the same as your HM assignment.
Pre-Race Meet-up? - Not required to attend or not attend the meet up. Just gives us an idea of who to look out for morning of.
Early Bird or Late arriver just means whether you think you'll arrive to the meet-up/starting group early in the race morning or late in the race morning.
Front, Middle, Back of corral just means where you plan on lining up when the race starts. This helps people find you easier in a crowd if say two people are in C, that are early birds, and front people. Then I'd look for your costume on race day. As well it helps with timing to know whether you're closer to the front of your group or back.

Once I "like" your post with the above information in it I have added you to the compiled list.

I will include timing information about the races based on past history but no guarantee they follow the same system as before.

I'm planning on being at Entrance B at 3:30am and will head straight to the meet up location. I'll probably be there from 3:30-3:45am if possible. But I need to be towards the front of the corral A, so I'll probably make my way over towards the corrals around when they are scheduled to open at 4:00am. Although others are certainly welcome to stick around there longer.
I am making signs on neon posterboard that say DIS in giant letters, and plan to be at every meetup.

dissigns.jpg

Thanks for figuring this out, Billy!

Last edited:
RACE - 5K
NAME - Kim
DIS'er name - The Expert
Costume/Clothing - 50s Pluto
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration - 10-12mm
Club runDisney Platinum? - (Yes or No) Yes
Pre-Race Meet-up? - (Yes or No) Yes
Front, Middle, or Back of starting group - TBD
Early Bird or Late Arriver - Early
Expected Race Pace - Walking😂

RACE - 10K
NAME - Kim
DIS'er name - The Expert
Costume/Clothing - 50s Daisy
Expected Race Pace - Walking

RACE - Half
NAME - Kim
DIS'er name - The Expert
Costume/Clothing - 50s Minnie
Expected Race Pace - 14-15mm

Looking through my old morning of photos. It looks like I usually was out the door to get to the start area between 3:30-4 for the races. The one advantage of DL is that getting there is so much easier that you can get there at 4 and not have much problems. The one thing to maybe keep in mind here is how long getting food might take. So yeah the food place opens at 4. And you can still get to the corrals even then. But it’s starting to get things close depending on how well these places are equipped to turn around at 4. Which I honestly don’t know

Honestly what I would recommend is see if your hotel has microwaves. And if it does order something the night before. Put it in the fridge and then warm it up and eat before you leave for the start.

Because let’s be honest even if you’re there at 4 on the dot. You’re probably not going to be the only one trying to do this.

I can’t really weight in on when to be there this year. Because I’m a chair racer and we have all sorts of things to figure out. But back from my ambulatory days that’s how I usually handled it with being there around 4

One last thing to possibly keep in mind; it will be interesting to hear if this is a problem again. But the DL races used to have an issue with people rather than going into the corral and being in the back would hang out right at the front of the corral fences so they would merge in there rather than where they were supposed to be. Particularly this could be an issue with E/F if it happens again going by the map.

Last edited:
@DisneyMountainWoman One other thing I forgot to keep with my timing. Though I still think you could show up at 4 am without too many problems. We also used to have a 5:30 start for some of the races. It looks by 2017 it was a 5 am start. And I might have been leaving closer to 3:30 at that point but my photo taking wasn’t so on point I can say for sure

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter