Disneyland Half Marathon 2024

The runDisney bikers kept telling the crowd that they were in danger of being swept (so yes, they will tell you this information repeatedly), but there was literally nowhere to run. I had plenty of energy and wanted to GO at that point, but it was a wall of people. It was so incredibly frustrating!
During one race the wall of people was inside the park. I don't think there was any reasonable way they could have swept that many people. They weren't warning about the sweep either, but sometimes you can just feel the fear of being swept driving some people to try and push through the crowds.

So it's important to remember that if you're not hearing officials on bikes warn you about being swept, you are probably not in any near danger of being swept.

I'll hop into the VQ to see what other merchandise is not in the preview. The jackets are cute, but I just got the Sleeping Beauty jacket from Crowned Athletics for Christmas. Something tells me it's much better quality than the rD merch will be.

I'll hop into the VQ to see what other merchandise is not in the preview. The jackets are cute, but I just got the Sleeping Beauty jacket from Crowned Athletics for Christmas. Something tells me it's much better quality than the rD merch will be.

I bought a Marathon Weekend jacket back in January and it is a REALLY nice, quality jacket. It's slightly heavier than a regular running jacket which makes it perfect to wear in a lot of the time. I'm hoping that the DL jackets are the same type.

Also, for MW, they had A LOT of the jackets available. Since they weren't race specific, I guess rD was okay with ordering more than a dozen of them.

I'm definitely going to want one of those jackets, they look nice and I really love the colors that they picked. Also happy I pre-ordered the Magic Key items, it'll make shopping at the expo a bit less stressful since I have a feeling it might be a bit insane trying to get those.

How close do you have to be to get in the virtual queue? Is it the same as WDW? Wondering if I can join from LAX.
No ones said. But probably safe to assume it’s the same radius. Which would probably put LAX just outside the radius from what I understand. Since its 30 miles and LAX with the shortest point to point drive on a good day is at 34.

You could still try of course. Or check. That doesn’t hurt. But don’t be surprised if you can’t join the VQ until you get closer

I’m loving the fact their embracing this as a return race on the merch

Last edited:
I'm definitely going to want one of those jackets, they look nice and I really love the colors that they picked. Also happy I pre-ordered the Magic Key items, it'll make shopping at the expo a bit less stressful since I have a feeling it might be a bit insane trying to get those.
I'm operating under the assumption that almost everything will be gone within an hour or two of the Expo opening. At most. Disneyland limited edition merchandise can disappear quickly enough and with this being the first race back, I think it will be much more insane than usual.

I really wish they would limit access to the merchandise to runners only.

really wish they would limit access to the merchandise to runners only.
Same. This is going to be crazy.

Yesterday, there was someone on FB who was willing to be a shop runner for MW, and she put on top of the post "IF YOU DISAGREE WITH THIS JUST SCROLL ON!" Someone called her out on it, and she yelled about his reading comprehension. His retort "I read it, I just chose to ignore it." She quickly closed the thread after.

Yesterday, there was someone on FB who was willing to be a shop runner for MW, and she put on top of the post "IF YOU DISAGREE WITH THIS JUST SCROLL ON!" Someone called her out on it, and she yelled about his reading comprehension. His retort "I read it, I just chose to ignore it." She quickly closed the thread after.
While I did not run the inaugural Dumbo Double Dare in 2013, I read the stories afterwards. People were not happy, especially with so much runners apparel all over ebay within mintues.

I ran 2022 Marathon Weekend at Disney World and spent maybe an hour in the merchandise area with my sister. While none of the merchandise actually said WDW 50, it used the colors and theming extensively so that it was obvious it was tied to WDW 50.

My sister and I got everything we wanted, but we were there early. I saw reports of people who go in maybe 30 minutes after we finished with merchandise and only the generic stuff remained. We saw the spirit jerseys disappear while we were still there.

Based on the much easier access to the Disneyland Hotel and the pent up demand, I think the year specific merchandise will sell out within maybe 2 hours at most.

I didn’t see the post but that feels like it’s more likely to attract the people that their trying to avoid then turn them away imo…

Also I get it’s the polite thing to ignore the post. I would. But sometimes I think people forget that FB is a public forum and unless you have someone blocked anyone can respond whether you want them too or not.

I did notice the blog post has different expo times than the race website. Hmmm.

View attachment 820805
View attachment 820806
In relation to this considering this is runDisney we’re talking about. Who have multiple times misspelled the word inaugural on their own medals and aren’t exactly known for being the best at checking things. I wouldnt be too worried about this having a different time. Most likely the 10 am is accurate and someone copied pastied where they weren’t supposed too.

If nothing else when the VQ goes live it should give us a better idea of when it actually opens to the rest of the public

My sister and I got everything we wanted, but we were there early. I saw reports of people who go in maybe 30 minutes after we finished with merchandise and only the generic stuff remained. We saw the spirit jerseys disappear while we were still there.
And this isn't a one time thing with rD merch. You'd think that they'd get the hint and have more stock on hand. Especially with the virtual medals, sometimes, the only way for some runners to get the merch is through a shop runner (ugh).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter