• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney World Miniature Golf

thomascaldwell1

DIS Veteran
Hello friendly DisBoarders! I need to tap in to your wealth of knowledge regarding the on-site miniature golf courses (I actually think that there are two, but I'm referring to the one that they give a free round of golf coupon for in our welcome packet when staying on-site). Is there Disney transportation to access this miniature golf course in some form or fashion or is the only way to drive over from our on-site hotel? Any help you can offer would be tremendously appreciated!

Hi there!

I absolutely love the mini-golf courses! There are two sites, each with two courses, all 18 holes.

Santa's Winter Summerland is located right by Blizzard Beach- so you can take the same bus you would if you were going to the water parks. One course is themed as if it's Santa's summer vacation, the other themed all snowy. (I think the backstory is that Santa and the elves were having a summer vacation but then got homesick, hence the two versions). I did both courses back-to-back which was a lot of fun- and interesting to see some of the mirror images between the courses!

Fantasia Gardens is located closest to the Swan and Dolphin hotel. You can still take Disney transportation but since the busses don't go hotel-to-hotel, you'll have to transfer from a park or Downtown Disney, and then walk from the Swan and Dolphin. One course is themed to Fantasia (as you can probably guess), the other is supposed to look like a real golf course, but in mini-golf format. (I think). I have done half of the Fantasia course but got rained out so never completed it (but did get a lovely non-expiring rain cheque). I have never done the "fairway" course, so have no idea what it's like!

They are definitely a fun diversion!

We've done all the courses and prefer WinterSummerland, but find the water park transportation to be quite convoluted. I would recommend driving or taking a lyft/uber to that course. Fantasia is across from Swan/Dolphin so an easy walk from the EP IG entrance or walk/boat from DHS. The Fantasia course is fun (there's no shade, so be prepared). The Fairways course is quite difficult and is probably better suited to those who actually golf. We try to do the courses when they open in the morning, otherwise lines can build.

Last time, they sent us two of the coupon packs (accident? or maybe there was a note in our file that we didn't get any on our previous trip? - former seems more likely), so we got 8 vouchers for the four of us. We tried both Fantasia and the winter part of Winter Summerland. We preferred Fantasia Gardens.

If you're going to play the Fantasia course, go early in the day. Later the wait times can be quite long, and you can't reserve a time. The course is wonderfully fun. I've never done Winter Summerland, but I've heard only good things about it--except the transportation. Consider the uber/lyft recommendation.

How late are these courses typically open until? I'm sure the themes of the courses look great but I'm not sure I could pull myself away from a park to do mini-golf.

We were going to go when we went in August on our 9 night trip. We were staying at the YC and had a free day on a Saturday. I called and spoke to Fantasia Gardens to ask about what time we had to come, it was around 10am, and she told me they already had over an hour wait. Just an fyi

We've only done wintersummerland before a day at Blizzard Beach it was cute and fun, not sure I'd make a special trip just for mini golf though.

We did both courses back in April and they were so much fun. We preferred Winter Summerland better because of the theming. I think you can take a Blizzard Beach bus and walk across the parking lot to WinterSummerland. We had our car, so it was easy for us to get to both courses.

Are these free vouchers typically given to everyone staying on property? I think we'd be interested in checking out mini golf but probably wouldn't pay much for it.

We did Fantasia mini golf about a half hour after it opened and didn't have a wait at all, so that must be key.

When Blizzard Beach is closed for refurbishment, how does one get a bus to/from Winter Summerland golf?

We did Fantasia mini golf about a half hour after it opened and didn't have a wait at all, so that must be key.

When Blizzard Beach is closed for refurbishment, how does one get a bus to/from Winter Summerland golf?
I believe the Animal Kingdom bus will go there.

I believe the Animal Kingdom bus will go there.

Thank you. I guess we will be asking the bus driver if he'll make a stop there. I wonder if they make regular stops on their way back through or how infrequent it is. If we're going to pay for an Uber one way, the return might be a good idea.

Yes, we are a group of 8. But we have had more fun when we separate into two groups of four just because waiting for seven people in front of you to get through the hole can be long for the younger kids.
Do Fantasia Gardens and WinterSummerland allow groups of 5?

Are these free vouchers typically given to everyone staying on property? I think we'd be interested in checking out mini golf but probably wouldn't pay much for it.

You usually get them as part of a package booked through Disney.

They are a package perk.

Not for room only or dvc or dvc rental.

You usually get them as part of a package booked through Disney.

Only if you book a package but it doesn't have to be through Disney, we got them when we booked a package through our TA (it was a room and dining plan package, no tickets)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter