Disney with a baby

I personally wouldn't do this with a baby/infant/toddler. Lots of travel time.
It wasn't really that much travel time for us because we didn't do mid-day breaks or any park hopping. Once we got to a park we stayed as long as we wanted, then went home.

Hi! We’re planning a Disney trip and it will also be our first vacation with an infant. (I’m due Feb 2019 and we’re planning a WDW trip November 2019) Any tips or suggestions for visiting Disney with a baby? We’re already planning on staying on the monorail loop so we don’t have to wrestle with opening/closing the stroller often.

Congrats!! You're going to have a wonderful time!! Our DS was nine months old on his first trip, and we had a wonderful trip. A couple of things that worked for us:

-- Try to keep their schedule and anticipate feeding schedules - Nothing's worse than trucking it to a ride with a baby who only wants to feed! (This may or may not be personal experience:rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1)
-- Know where those Baby Care Centers are! Cast Members don't always know exactly where they are, but the centers can be a life saver as a quiet place to feed, cool off, or for mommy to have a break! http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/baby-care-centers.htm
-- We baby wore a LOT, but DS also surprised us and slept a lot in his stroller (he NEVER did this outside of WDW...pixiedust:...maybe pixie dust is also sleepy dust?)
-- Don't stress about ADRs. This isn't a guarantee, but we made a slew of reservations (seven, to be exact, over six days) that we couldn't make because of one baby related reason or another. Calling the dining reservations line or stopping by the restaurant on the way out of the park to explain the situation kept us from paying the cancellation fee every time. Again, YMMV, but I feel like they understand if your kid gets sick or LO needs a nap.
-- Don't apologize and don't feel guilty! I don't mean this as "don't be a good person," or "you own WDW cause you're paying for the experience," but it helped DW and me to give each other (and DS) tons of grace and remind each other that, if things were tough, we were doing all we could to help him. Ignoring the odd look or two when things weren't working helped so much. :tinker: doesn't change that babies are babies. (Our mantra was "expect to flex," as we're both big planners; it helped us keep things in perspective)
-- You'll know your own baby! All of our advice may help, but your kid might be a completely different personality. "Magical" means something different to everyone, so do things how your family does it, just at Disney!

You've gotten some great advice, OP! One thing I wanted to mention: if you choose to breastfeed, you can do so anywhere that is safe and comfortable. If you are most comfortable in a more private space, each park has baby care center with a nursing space and I'm betting there are discrete spots in each of the parks to tuck yourself away. You could probably use google to find some. If you are comfortable nursing on a bench in the middle of the park, that's fine too. Though I don't think they'd let you nurse on BTMR :)

Yes! Small World and Peter Pan's Flight FTW!

one thing daughter did for grandson for his trip at 4 months old was his own photobook. for years he could tell you what he did on his first trip even though he had no "real" memories of the trip. this book was beside the family one which had pictures of everyone and had only pictures of him doing rides and characters with a few that had everyone.

What an awesome idea - I wish we would have done this!

Last edited:
Congratulations on baby! We took our daughter to Disney at 7 months and here are a few things we learned:

*Baby wear when possible. I know it's hot and the baby gets heavy, but she really loved being able to be higher up and see everything rather than being stuck in the stroller all day.

* We rented a car even though we were staying at Grand Floridian. Being able to go back and forth to Epcot/DHS/AK/Disney Springs by car meant no waiting for buses and the cool, quiet car was a nice break from all the over-stimulation of the parks.

*Bring noise-canceling headphones for fireworks and shows (they can get loud).

*Take things slow, we didn't do much more than our FPs each day. We saw shows and parades, did character meals and just people-watched in the parks.

*We rented a stroller instead of bringing our own (we rented a City Mini from Magic Strollers)

Let me know if you have any questions!
Have any suggestions for brand of noise cancelling headphones?

-- We baby wore a LOT, but DS also surprised us and slept a lot in his stroller (he NEVER did this outside of WDW...pixiedust:...maybe pixie dust is also sleepy dust?)

Did you rent a stroller or bring your own? Just curious if that had any effect on sleeping in the stroller!

Did you rent a stroller or bring your own? Just curious if that had any effect on sleeping in the stroller!

We rented one from Kingdom Strollers, but it was the same kind we have at home. Honestly it was likely the heat and generally busier schedule that did it, but we were still surprised.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter