• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney Steakhouse comparison

Bull & Bear is at the Waldorf~Astoria.
I ate there several times when I worked at the New York hotel back when it was the Hilton flagship. It was definitely an expense account restaurant with the crowd to go with it. As such it was never a place I would go to hang out with friends.
I'm sure the Orlando hotel has a different vibe and clientele by dint of locale.

Last edited:
If you are willing to go offsite I highly recommend Johnnie's Hideaway at Crossroads. Aged, prime beef. Great seafood which I generally order, but others who have had the steak say it is fabulous.

Shula's is superior to the rest in every sense. $250 would be minimium for 2 there, IMO. Last trip to YS was $220 for 2.

THANK YOU for providing REAL data on top-end STEAK offerings. TOTAL agreement: Party of TWO, at a very good establishment, WILL run about $125-$150 per plate. If it does not? One is likely in the wrong restaurant.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

We've never been to STK or Le Cellier, but we love Shulas and would rank Yachtsman right behind that. Last time we ate at Shulas we both had a steak, side, and drink and it came to just under $200 with tax and tip if I remember correctly. Yachtsman we both had steaks, one person had a side, another had a salad and a drink and it was around $160.

Ive eaten at all of them and on more than one occassion. I base things on value for what I get not overall price. I dont mind spending more if there is value in it. That being said, the two with the least value based on quality/food/service vs cost were STK and Shulas. STK is always overpriced in any city it is in. I could say the same for Shulas. The food is ok, but, for the price, I could go to Stoney River or Ruth Chris and get a better meal or something equivalent at a lower price. Hence, less value at those two. My experiences at Springs STK have been less than good other than happy hour. Shulas, its what you would expect but nothing that blows me away. Cali Grill, Flying Fish, Tiffins, Jiko, Yachtsman all have a steak as good if not better. Le Cellier has gradually slid down my list of restaurants at WDW. The service is spotty at times, Ive had to send steaks back for the cook temp being incorrect both times I have gone lately. I love the atmosphere and the wine list, but, I am giving it some time before I return. Ive been to Yachtsman quite a bit and never been let down by the food or the service. Its one of my go to choices for a nice dinner. Id rate them on value and personal preference as follows: Yachtsman, Shulas, Le Cellier, STK. But preference is personal and everyone will have differing opinions.

Ive eaten at all of them and on more than one occasion........... I base things on value for what I get not overall price. .

Same here, and much like "arminnie" I can produce a tasty one on my own grill. I do enjoy a good steak at Disney from time to time but I think the sides and appetizers are equally as important to me. The "steakhouses" are all pricey, to keep the costs down, drink water and say no to appetizers, sides and dessert, but what's the fun in that.

Shulas - excellent beef, sides a la carte (no I don't want a whole head of broccoli or vat of scalloped potatoes. This always pushes me to ask what else everyone wants to share as I side, so it won't go to waste since we have a big honking piece of meat to eat, even though my tastes stray away from the popular norm) All these drive the price way up, downright too expensive. And for that price, the ambiance is lacking.

Le Cellier - the food is really well prepared, the sides that come with the meal are very tasty, the steaks (NY Strip & Porterhouse) are of good quality. Ambiance, very little, noise, quite a lot, all greatly improved by 8;30-8:45 ADRs.

Yachtsman - Same as Le Cellier

STK - OK, but I think it's a hip, fun place for appetizers and fun cocktails. Nice ambiance.

Bull & Bear - You know what, I call Bull___it, yes it's very good but no corn soup is worth $18, nor sauteed mushrooms $14, but worth is subjective. I work damn hard, too hard to pay for that premium. But that's me. Now if someone else is paying, I still feel the same way.

and frankly if the filet is your cut of choice, most Disney restaurant offer one that's just as tasty and much cheaper than the above five restaurants.

We love a good steak and have tried Le Cellier many times and Yatchsman once.

We had a bad experience at Yatchsman, so it's Le Cellier for us!

We have never had a bad experience at Le Cellier, always great service and great steaks. Cooked exactly the way we asked. The mushroom risotto is fabulous, a great side with the filet. A must for me each trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter