Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

This is also true - but I would still expect lighting to be kept fairly dim internally.

Inside I agree either keep them dim or have an on/off button inside. Outside, just seems like you would want some kind of exterior lights on cars and towers even if it's minimal.

Please remain seated while your Skyliner is in motion.

This brings up another point that it is unlikely that the gondolas will have seating for all the passengers. Ski gondolas of this style often are Standing room only, or have a small bench you can lean your buy onto. I think Disney is likely to have a seat on either side of the car, but will also have some amount of standing room to reach full capacity - similar to riding the monorail. Maybe room for 6 passengers to sit, and 4 standing or something like that.

This brings up another point that it is unlikely that the gondolas will have seating for all the passengers. Ski gondolas of this style often are Standing room only, or have a small bench you can lean your buy onto. I think Disney is likely to have a seat on either side of the car, but will also have some amount of standing room to reach full capacity - similar to riding the monorail. Maybe room for 6 passengers to sit, and 4 standing or something like that.

Nylon rope handles that are absolutely 100% germ free! :tigger:

I am picturing seats for all, day 8 people but then the seats can fold up to fit a stroller or wheelchair - but guess we shall see!

From what I've seen online, Doppelmayr's D-Line gondolas have 2 bench seats seating 4 or 5 across on each end of the cabin.

The seats are shown at 1:00 in this video:
ETA: At the very last shot, it looks like there are handles along the inside wall under the seats, probably to release the seat for folding up.

Last edited:
From what I've seen online, Doppelmayr's D-Line gondolas have 2 bench seats seating 4 or 5 across on each end of the cabin.

The seats are shown at 1:00 in this video:
ETA: At the very last shot, it looks like there are handles along the inside wall under the seats, probably to release the seat for folding up.

I can see my wife and I headed to a great dinner at a new restaurant at the Riviera and get cabin mated up with a few anti deodorant people after a long scorching day at Epcot. Might save me some dinner money and be a cost savings after all! pirate:

Just kidding! :tigger:

Some of my favorite times have been when I have met people at dinner/on the bus/sitting on a park bench etc. Hope this continues on the gondola's.

I can see my wife and I headed to a great dinner at a new restaurant at the Riviera and get cabin mated up with a few anti deodorant people after a long scorching day at Epcot. Might save me some dinner money and be a cost savings after all! pirate:

Just kidding! :tigger:

Some of my favorite times have been when I have met people at dinner/on the bus/sitting on a park bench etc. Hope this continues on the gondola's.

I think there will be a LOT of periods of time where the gondolas won't be fully loaded. It's really in the morning rush and the evening rush that they'll try and keep them fairly full. (It will likely rarely be "8 to a gondola".) During most of the day, you will likely be able to have a gondola to yourself.

I think there will be a LOT of periods of time where the gondolas won't be fully loaded. It's really in the morning rush and the evening rush that they'll try and keep them fairly full. (It will likely rarely be "8 to a gondola".) During most of the day, you will likely be able to have a gondola to yourself.

True and I’m not sure how bad morbing will be since people will be spread out sins. Lines for busses get long but you rarely have 20 people show up at once.

Now after illuminations different story.

Interesting last line in that article... "expected to open by 2019." That's sooner than I think most of us had originally thought when we were looking more toward before SW opens.

Interesting last line in that article... "expected to open by 2019." That's sooner than I think most of us had originally thought when we were looking more toward before SW opens.
Isn't SWGE opening in 2019?

Personally, I still think they could open this year, if they wanted to. I don't think there's more than 6 mos. work to complete the system. But that's just my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter