Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

If a Guest screams and stamps their feet enough, IMO Disney will offer a transfer or upgrade to a different resort.

There's also the option of just driving them in a Bell Services van, or giving them a taxi voucher.

The Gondala's are supposed to make transportation faster, not make it longer. i.e. no waiting for a bus, a constant moving line with no vehicular traffic to slow it down, etc
I thought they were simply to make it more convenient and to reduce the number of buses.

It's a slightly different scenario(excluding Riviera). The precedent of not offering bus service to resorts that have alternate transports is based on that transport system already being in place before the resort was built. In this case, it's a retrofit. The bus routes already exist. So I think you will see Disney retain the bus routes, gauge use of the skyliner, then alter their bus strategy.
That being said, CBR bus stations have been altered as part of the renovation and Riviera build up.
I think one can expect changes in bus service, however I don't think it will be turned off the instant the skyliner goes online. It will certainly see reduced service I would think.

The Gondala's are supposed to make transportation faster, not make it longer. i.e. no waiting for a bus, a constant moving line with no vehicular traffic to slow it down, etc

Sorry. I meant for people who are too scared/don't want to use the gondala. Those people it will take longer to get to HS and Epcot then it does now.

Sorry. I meant for people who are too scared/don't want to use the gondala. Those people it will take longer to get to HS and Epcot then it does now.

Unless they are "drivers" anyway. That and Minnie Vans.

Many factors should be applied when selecting a resort to stay at I would say.

I'd expect FAA regulations would require lights at night. I don't think that would be optional.
Not tall enough to be an issue in most cases.
Certainly not issue to run power along the towers. It's the individual cars that do not get hard lined power fed to them.

Here's something new to add...will they have any power to have lights at night ?

Lights inside the gondolas or on the towers? On the towers likely no. In the gondolas, possibly - though I would think just some low level LED (battery powered) lighting. The lights dim on the buses and the boats when they are in transit, and I would think most people riding on the gondolas in the evening would want to be able to look out the windows without the glare of bright lights internally. The views might be kind of cool. In the station there would be no need for lights in the gondola.

Lights inside the gondolas or on the towers? On the towers likely no. In the gondolas, possibly - though I would think just some low level LED (battery powered) lighting. The lights dim on the buses and the boats when they are in transit, and I would think most people riding on the gondolas in the evening would want to be able to look out the windows without the glare of bright lights internally. The views might be kind of cool. In the station there would be no need for lights in the gondola.
Or they could have a solar panel on top to power lighting. Several gondola systems do have solar panels on top of the gondolas for this purpose.

Or they could have a solar panel on top to power lighting. Several gondola systems do have solar panels on top of the gondolas for this purpose.

This is also true - but I would still expect lighting to be kept fairly dim internally.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter