• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So glad to see Harmonious coming Oct 1, but will HEA be down for 18 months?

HEA may or may not come back, but Enchantment will be the show for the 50th Anniversary celebration timeframe. At Disneyland they went to a new show after Disneyland Forever, but then rotated it back in. They may have run older shows in the interim. We'll jsut have to see, but I think after October 1, Enchantment will be the current, regular show.

might be psychotic but I miss this. I miss the togetherness and how excited everyone is. Park OPEN is much more "fun" than park CLOSE. The post fireworks crowds are tired and crabby and burnt out, but park open everyone is buzzing and excited to be there. We list to do rope drop a few days out of our trip at least, get so much done in the am!

Me too! Watching the video in the article gave me all the feels. The music, the anticipation waiting to go on that first ride. Can’t wait for our upcoming trip

Me too! Watching the video in the article gave me all the feels. The music, the anticipation waiting to go on that first ride. Can’t wait for our upcoming trip
To me, the two most magical times at the parks (and especially MK) are the first hour after open and then late evening. In both times, the crowds are thinner, the heat isn't as oppressive, and you're really able to soak in the experience.

To me, the two most magical times at the parks (and especially MK) are the first hour after open and then late evening. In both times, the crowds are thinner, the heat isn't as oppressive, and you're really able to soak in the experience.
Same! We're on our way home and that is our strategy every time. Rope drop, stay for a few hours until the crowd gets full and it gets too hot and then come back early evening. We rode SO many rides this way. Especially at night!

Since it looks like the traditional rope drop is returning to the parks, does anyone think the early entry for resort guests will start soon, or will that only be starting for the 50th celebration?

Since it looks like the traditional rope drop is returning to the parks, does anyone think the early entry for resort guests will start soon, or will that only be starting for the 50th celebration?
I'm guessing they're saving as much as possible for the 50th...they've been holding out on a completed ride for over a year...I think they're going to hold out as much as they can without losing summer crowds.

I'm guessing they're saving as much as possible for the 50th...they've been holding out on a completed ride for over a year...I think they're going to hold out as much as they can without losing summer crowds.
Is ratatouille complete?

I saw a post that said something about a new parade or show coming to Animal Kingdom? I must have skipped over it or maybe i just am a little crazy. Can anyone help me out and let me know what show it is if it is happening. If i get no reply then I just guess i am a little crazy :tongue:

I saw a post that said something about a new parade or show coming to Animal Kingdom? I must have skipped over it or maybe i just am a little crazy. Can anyone help me out and let me know what show it is if it is happening. If i get no reply then I just guess i am a little crazy :tongue:
KiteTails...not to be confused with DuckTales... 🤣

Disney KiteTails

A new daytime show going to the old Rivers of Light theatre featuring kites themed to Disney film animals like Simba and Baloo
Details here: Two New Nighttime Spectaculars and Much More Will Debut Oct. 1 to Celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort

Thre is a new daytime show called Disney KiteTails that will run in the former site of Rivers of Light - the Discovery River Amphitheater. It will involve three-dimensional kites being flown above from watercraft and people on land:

Looks pretty!

ETA: also, four of us answered you at pretty much the exact same time. Maybe we're excited for the show! 😁

Thre is a new daytime show called Disney KiteTails that will run in the former site of Rivers of Light - the Discovery River Amphitheater. It will involve three-dimensional kites being flown above from watercraft and people on land:

View attachment 584223

Looks pretty!

ETA: also, four of us answered you at pretty much the exact same time. Maybe we're excited for the show! 😁
LOL Im just happy to know that their will always be more educated and knowledgeable Disney fans than me who i can always count on like these. And oh my that does look amazing. Glad they are not forgetting about AK!!

That was the biggest surprise in that announcement to me. The others we kind of knew were coming, that one I hadn't heard anything about. I'm interested to see how that one turns out.
Definitely, excited about this as it came as quite a surprise. I also like the ideas of the golden characters around WDW, making it some kind of scavenger hunt (can already see the various vloggers taking on the Golden 50 challenge and trying to find as many as possible in one day 😂)
Just hope that Hollywood Studios will be getting some entertainment other than the beacon and won't be left out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter