• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

Santa Duffy Now Meeting at Hollywood Studios During Daily Operations for a Limited Time

IMG_3371.jpeg

To find the Santa Duffy meet and greet, head towards PizzeRizzo after turning towards MuppetVision 3D from Grand Avenue. Just before you reach the entrance to PizzeRizzo, there will be a Cast Member at a host stand with an A-frame that will inform you that you have to join a Virtual Queue to meet with Santa Duffy. Now, this isn’t a Virtual Queue that you can join via the My Disney Experience app. Instead, you’ll have to give your U.S. phone number to the Cast Member, and you’ll receive a text when it is your turn to meet Santa Duffy.

Santa Duffy Now Meeting at Hollywood Studios During Daily Operations for a Limited Time

View attachment 820508

To find the Santa Duffy meet and greet, head towards PizzeRizzo after turning towards MuppetVision 3D from Grand Avenue. Just before you reach the entrance to PizzeRizzo, there will be a Cast Member at a host stand with an A-frame that will inform you that you have to join a Virtual Queue to meet with Santa Duffy. Now, this isn’t a Virtual Queue that you can join via the My Disney Experience app. Instead, you’ll have to give your U.S. phone number to the Cast Member, and you’ll receive a text when it is your turn to meet Santa Duffy.
Please can this be a test for Duffy and maybe some friends to meet in that space in town square theater that’s only been occupied post pandemic by Jack & sally during party season

I’m excited!! Ncuti Gatwa is already wonderful as The Doctor.

I agree ... although the 'mavity' joke is already getting old. I've read they're drilling the mavity gag to point out the time travel rule that timeline changes have a permanent affect in the future. I figure that rule will be critical for whatever they have planned for the coming season(s).

I agree ... although the 'mavity' joke is already getting old. I've read they're drilling the mavity gag to point out the time travel rule that timeline changes have a permanent affect in the future. I figure that rule will be critical for whatever they have planned for the coming season(s).
I concur

Because Disney doesn't own the parks - other companies / the government does. The Chinese government owns 57% of the interest in Shanghai Disney.
Then maybe Disney should give their ownership of Disneyland and Walt Disney World to someone else, like another private company or maybe an investment company, so quality can be improved, and expansions, enhancements, and innovation can be made. Same thing would also apply to Disneyland Paris.

Then maybe Disney should give their ownership of Disneyland and Walt Disney World to someone else, like another private company or maybe an investment company, so quality can be improved, and expansions, enhancements, and innovation can be made. Same thing would also apply to Disneyland Paris.
New ownership would not guarantee any of this.

OLC removed all annual passes from TDL permanently; imagine if they owned the US parks and did that lol Oh and no park hopping allowed.

Well, I meant more in the upkeep/expansion realm. I haven't kept up with ticket types for TDR lately. I know that when I went, you had to declare a park for the first two days, then could hop on the third. They also allowed hopping on one night when TDS closed early - they made announcements that you could go over to TDL if you wanted to stay.

Well, I meant more in the upkeep/expansion realm. I haven't kept up with ticket types for TDR lately. I know that when I went, you had to declare a park for the first two days, then could hop on the third. They also allowed hopping on one night when TDS closed early - they made announcements that you could go over to TDL if you wanted to stay.
Fair. The standards for ride maintenance is way higher than it is for WDW at least. Haven't kept up with DL.

Currently no park hopping. You can buy a ticket to each park and use both in a day.

Currently no park hopping. You can buy a ticket to each park and use both in a day.

Ah, that makes sense. I don't know what prices are now, but when I went is was significantly cheaper than the US parks anyway, so that might work out okay really.

They are cheaper. I think it’s less than $100.

EDIT: I’ve got so many prices running around in my head for our June trip. We are doing both TDR parks and Universal Japan.

Nice! Man, I wanna go back so bad, and hit USJ too, which I didn't last time.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter