Disney Magic May 3-10, 2015 Western Caribbean

I love this thread and Im so excited 33 days. @Disneyducks12 are you going to have a FE for your room? I am making lots of gifts for my family and I am using a few of your ideas for them. To say thanks for the inspiration/congrat I would love to little gift.

I don't have our docs yet but I do have FE stuff all over my guest room LOL!

Just wondering.....is there going to be a meeting of some-sort @ 3pm at the Promenade Lounge,[deck 3 port side mid ship] so we can see/match the faces to all that's on our Dis-Boards cruise blog?

Just watch the boat come in on the webcam.

Got our Doc's this week too.
5 more weeks.....:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

We are...paw:

And I watched it leave Sunday evening. Went to Miami WC and watched the Wonder leave. Than over to Nassau to see the Dream at the dock. The Fantasy was at sea.

BOY !......... That Hoosier Daddy is starting to blog a lot........you know what that means......it is getting ever so close to cruisin' :sail:

Received our Doc's also! :earsboy:

Is anyone organizing FE or is it just bring items and put in any extenders? Would like to be a little more organized and plan it out. That is just me. We definitely want to be a part. :D
There will be 4 of us participating and would love to attend the meet and greet also.

:offtopic: Has anyone tried to do a room upgrade once on the ship?

JB and AB, BB(14) and MB(15)

This is my first cruise, so I don't have any advice for upgrading once aboard, sorry!

There is not a DISBOARDS FE group organized.

Links to Cruise Meet discussion/Fish Extenders other than those on the DIS may not be posted or offered by any other means (PM, email, "search" directions, etc.).

Got our cruise docs just a few days ago, so much squee! And now all three of us have our passports. My husband has been talking about hiding the suitcases to keep me from packing, but he made the mistake of NOT hiding the credit cards, so cruise clothes have been bought for kiddo and I. Now if I could just get him to haul his tux to the dry cleaner, I'd be a happy camper!
32 days!

Hi everyone!
We are really excited about our first cruise and would also like to participate with the fish extender:fish:
It would be my husband, daughter 12 (no allergies), son 9 (food allergies: milk & peanuts), and myself. Could someone tell me how we would know how to find everyone who is participating to drop off their goodies and if this is the site I go by to know how much to bring?

I was also wondering if anyone could give me their recommendations on how to handle the excursions. Not sure if it's the norm to book one activity per location & if not what do cruisers normally do when docked if they have not booked an excursion at that location... Defiantly a newbie at this lol!!!⚓:sail:

:mic: To all our friends sailing on the Magic May 3rd with us.........Like to wish all a :rainbow: HAPPY EASTER :rainbow:.
:) And always remember, if it was not for Easter, ............we would not need Christmas. :)

I love this thread and Im so excited 33 days. @Disneyducks12 are you going to have a FE for your room? I am making lots of gifts for my family and I am using a few of your ideas for them. To say thanks for the inspiration/congrat I would love to little gift.

I am brand new to Disney Cruising and trying so hard to find out how we join in the FE fun for this May 3 cruise. Can anyone help a girl out?
Thanks!!!!!

I was also wondering if anyone could give me their recommendations on how to handle the excursions. Not sure if it's the norm to book one activity per location & if not what do cruisers normally do when docked if they have not booked an excursion at that location... Defiantly a newbie at this lol!!!⚓:sail:

Note that we have only done excursions as a) childless couple and b) with an infant who could stay in the nursery.
Since this is a Western Caribbean cruise I would highly suggest signing up for excursions ahead of time, ESPECIALLY for Cozumel, since there are so many neat archaeological things (if you can swing it at all, go to Tulum!!!). Disney excursions that you sign up for through their website or on board are more expensive BUT if something were to go wrong and you got delayed, the ship would not leave without your group. This is NOT the case if you organize an excursion outside of Disney, the ship will leave without you and I've seen it happen twice in my four cruises (got to watch a family run down the dock flailing their arms as the ship sailed away). I would say for first time cruisers especially, do your excursion through Disney. Next time you might feel more ready to experiment with outside organizers.
Generally anyplace that has a cruise terminal has a bunch of shops near the port area that are... the same shops you see in every port area (Del Sol, various jewelry shops, etc.) There is also usually a local market right outside the port area. These are usually safe to visit, but not terribly interesting.
You don't have to do an excursion every shore day, but I think that it's an awesome thing to do on your first cruise. I wouldn't try to fit two excursions in (don't even know if that's possible?).
Also be aware that the ship empties out on shore days, so that you and your family could have much less crowded access to the family pool and the aqua dunk if that's important to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter