Disney Magic May 3-10, 2015 Western Caribbean

Unfortunately, posts have been removed from a number of Cruise Meets threads including this one.

PLEASE review the Cruise Meet Policy regarding Cruise Meet and Fish Extender programs. - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3353477

Links to Cruise Meet discussion/Fish Extenders other than those on the DIS may not be posted or offered by any other means (PM, email, "search" directions, etc.).

Cruise Meet threads are doing just fine still managing meet and FE discussions right here on the DIS as they have since FE began (also here on the DIS).

FE organizers generally need to know how many people (adults/children) are participating in each cabin with child ages for age appropriate gift giving. Other information you would like to share such as names, allergies, favorite characters, etc. is up to you. Other personal information is not really necessary. Those organizing FEs typically ask for the information to be posted in the meet thread or sent to them via PM.

For those posting in this Cruise Meet thread to join a FE, if no one comes forward to organize a FE for this cruise, anyone can organize the FE right in this thread.

DISboards Fish-Extender Basics

Enjoy!

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Hi there! Me and my girlfriend we are doing our first cruise!May 3rd. It will be our honeymoon. We are also first timer to fish extender. We don't know how this works exactly. We have read the article on wdwinfo but dont know how we create/join the group exactly and share information between each other to make this work.

But we want to participape! Thank you!:confused3

Hi! Looking forward to our 3rd Disney Cruise! We are bringing my niece and our 3 kids! My niece and Daughther will be 13, our 23 months boy and our 6 year old boy (at the time of the cruise). We want to Join the fish extenders group!

Sadly, posts have still needed to be removed from this Cruise Meet thread.

PLEASE review the Cruise Meet Policy regarding Cruise Meet and Fish Extender programs. - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3353477

Links to Cruise Meet discussion/Fish Extenders other than those on the DIS may not be posted or offered by any other means (PM, email, "search" directions, etc.).

Cruise Meet threads are doing just fine still managing meet and FE discussions right here on the DIS as they have since FE began (also here on the DIS).

FE organizers generally need to know how many people (adults/children) are participating in each cabin with child ages for age appropriate gift giving. Other information you would like to share such as names, allergies, favorite characters, etc. is up to you. Other personal information is not really necessary. Those organizing FEs typically ask for the information to be posted in the meet thread or sent to them via PM.

For those posting in this Cruise Meet thread to join a FE, if no one comes forward to organize a FE for this cruise, anyone can organize the FE right in this thread.

Those who feel the need to comment about the DIS policy above are welcome to send those comments to admin@wdwinfo.com as they are considered off-topic for this thread.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

I am one of the Three Disney Dudettes:earsgirl::earsgirl::earsgirl:. I am Disney Dudette Two. Three adult women who love Disney and love Disney cruising. Two from New Jersey and one from Washington. Really excited about this cruise. I have never been to Jamaica. We have been on numerous Disney cruises but I don't know the number. We have been loyal posters on the boards before but it seems like there is no time now. Hope I get a warm welcome. JEANNE:genie:

Hi folks! Hubby, kiddo and I will be on this sailing. This will be our fifth Disney Cruise (second with the kiddo, but first that she'll remember as she was 14 weeks old when we last sailed). DH and I are mid-40's, geeky sci-fi fans. I'm a librarian. DD will be 3 1/4 years old when we sail and is looking forward to the kids clubs.
Originally we were sailing with another couple, but they pulled out just before the 90 day cut off due to concerns about traveling with their son (he would have been 16 months upon sailing), so now we're looking forward to meeting new people! This will be our first time cruising as a solo family as we have always cruised with friends in the past.

Oh also, was reminded... would love to team up with others for trivia. Hubby's got military and war history, a good chunk of science, space and the like, lots of Disney. I'm a librarian, so I have at least shallow knowledge about a looot of subjects. Would love to team up with people who are good with sports and/or cars.

Are we already for some cruisin'?........just 65 more days and a wake up.......I am so-so ready..........We got 5 more + inches of snow today.....And more coming Sunday.

So happy I found this thread!!!!
We will be joining you all on the Magic in May(2015) - myself (Kari), DH, DS (11), DS (5).
This is our first ever cruise and we are super excited!!!! I think I might be more excited than my kids!!
Nice to have others to share the anticipation and excitement with!!

Kari

Hey! This is our first Disney cruise! It will be my hubby, myself, and our 5 year old boy. We are super excited. Trying to learn about the fish extender stuff and items to bring like drinking cups and stuff. So excited!!!!!!!

Wow! Our ship is looking pretty empty :(
I was hoping there would be more chatter here! Where is everyone?

It is pretty quiet, though the last cruise I went on the meet board was doing something like 100 posts a day, which was worse, trust me!
This will be our fifth, Northof54! If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
BTW, did anyone else notice that the Friday before our sailing is the opening of Avengers: Age of Ultron? Can't wait to see it on the ship!

It is pretty quiet, though the last cruise I went on the meet board was doing something like 100 posts a day, which was worse, trust me!
This will be our fifth, Northof54! If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
BTW, did anyone else notice that the Friday before our sailing is the opening of Avengers: Age of Ultron? Can't wait to see it on the ship!
Thanks Footnotegirl!!
We are excited to say the least!
I do have a couple of questions if you don't mind! I had asked them out in the general 'population' but never really seemed to get an answer!!
1. Dining dress code!!!! This is a topic of contention for most! We are not 'formal' people so won't be donning a ball gown and a tux! Are a pair of slacks and button shirt with tie good for DH on formal night?
2. Stateroom upgrade at Port. Cheaper to take our chances and try for it at port or do it now thru our TA? Just something we are thinking about - not a deal breaker.
3. Tipping your Stateroom Host - when? how much?
and last but not least,
4. Weather/seas. I'm hoping the weather will be hot and the seas will be calm!!!! Any experience in this area? Lol!
Thanks for offering to answer my questions. I will try not to bombard you with too much.
Hopefully the chatter picks up closer to our sail date :mic:

:thanks: Kari

1. Dining dress code!!!! This is a topic of contention for most!
Agreed that this is a point of contention. I like dressing up, so we dress up not just for formal night, but also Palo and Semi-Formal night. That said, you will probably see people dressed in the equivalent to what you describe. There's generally a range from 'button up shirt and dark pants' to full on tux and tails, and if you really don't want to dress up, you can always go to Cabana's for that night.
2. Stateroom upgrade at Port.
This is one that I don't know the answer to, as we have never paid for an upgrade. We have been upgraded once (on our last cruise) but that was total pixie dust and we didn't pay for it.
3. Tipping your Stateroom Host -
I believe that they do the pre calculated vouchers for stateroom hosts, which is $28 per person for the 7 night. We have never not tipped extra, because we have always gotten exemplary service from our stateroom hosts. They've gone above and beyond. We put ours in an envelope with the extra cash, and either give it to our host the last night, or if we don't catch him/her leave it in a visible place in our room the next morning with their name on it.
4. Weather/seas.
We have travelled at about this time of year before, and found that the weather was very good, sunny and hot (but not too ridiculously hot or humid) throughout. My experience on the Magic has been that on the first night there's some unsettled water as they pass out of coastal waters, but after that it's fully smooth sailing. Nights can get cool! Definitely bring a wrapper or light jacket to wear at nights.

Hi All,
We will be joining you on this cruise. Taking the DW on the cruise for her Birthday. It will be number 17.
After the winter we have had I can't wait for it to get here. Hope you all have a "MAGICAL" voyage.
See you real soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We Are....paw:

Wow! Our ship is looking pretty empty :(
I was hoping there would be more chatter here! Where is everyone?

Hi N-of-54
When FB came.........it seem Dis Cruise Board went........Case-in-point........just 4 years ago, [ 5/22/2011] on cruise day we had 105 pages "racked" up on here.......we will be lucky to have 5 on here by cruise day.
:offtopic:...not to change the subject....but anyone going to WDW the Sat. before our cruise? Well they have extended hours till 2am Sunday morning......Don't everyone come to the cruise ship that morning sleepy now.:D

Hi Husurdady!

Yes, I agree, Facebook seems to have taken over everything!!! That's too bad really. I have found the DIS boards to be extremely helpful.
We are first timers, so all of this is new and exciting to us. I'm not sure who is more excited, my husband and I or our 2 boys (11 & 5)!!!!!
Well here's hoping that as the date gets closer, more of our fellow cruisers will show up on here!

Kari:disrocks:

Hello everyone,
This will be our 1st Disney cruise and we are SOOOO excited. :tigger:
We will be traveling with our daughter and her best friend.
Looking forward to being a part of the fish extender family, but need to get more information on where, when, and how. Anything will be helpful.

Looking forward to being a part of the fish extender family, but need to get more information on where, when, and how. Anything will be helpful.

FE organizers generally need to know how many people (adults/children) are participating in each cabin. Other information you would like to share such as first names, ages of child participants, allergies, favorite characters, etc. is up to you. Other personal information is not really necessary. Those organizing FEs typically ask for the information to be posted in the meet thread or sent to them via PM.

For those posting in this Cruise Meet thread to join a FE, since no one has posted recently about a FE for this cruise here on the DIS, please feel free to start the FE right in this thread.

There is certainly enough time to plan a FE for this cruise. All it takes is for someone to maintain a list of/for those participating which can easily be done in this thread. Cruise Meet threads have been doing it this way for years now here on the DIS. If anyone is interested in doing this, feel free to contact me for some suggestions.

Enjoy! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter