Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
The entitlement with some people is breathtaking.

I’ve been on the deal hunter websites like Slick Deals for years. As a PP mentioned, when something is an obvious error, you should expect a cancellation. If it’s honored or you receive some sort of apology compensation, consider yourself incredibly lucky that the company is looking to save face. When I saw I missed the bonanza yesterday morning and it appeared that the discount was being honored, I was a bit jealous but also happy for those who appeared to get the deal.

That said, there likely never was a deal on Disney GC’s that approached 40%. You can find 20% off on some cards like iTunes on occasion. But Disney at 20%, let alone 40%? It was an obvious mistake. Move on.

Also, stores put things on sale that they once charged full price for. The gift shops in the parks are no different. When they want to get rid of merchandise, it goes to the outlets and sold at a heavy markdown. That’s how all retail works. Deal with it.

Same goes for free dining. I’m going to WDW in late Sept/early Oct and I think Free Dining was being offered for my dates earlier in the year when I was first considering going. But it was no longer being offered when I booked in July. Does Disney owe me a free meal plan? After all, they once offered it for free and they are currently offering it to people arriving a week or two before & after me. So clearly, I should have it too. Blackout period be damned.

It was a mistake, they don’t owe you anything.
You are not entitled. Move on.

Your attitude towards people who tried something and it didnt work is what is entitled. I like how 20%is more reasonable for 40% and we are fools to think we could buy something that was popping up. What if it wasnt a mistake? What if we got it? YOU are the one acting entitled, no one said anything except did you get it or did you not.

Disney STILL has my $300. You are entitled to your opinion but your analogy is seriously flawed. Disney didn’t offer you free Dining and then snatch it back. You missed the free dining and my point.

Disney does not have your $300. They put an authorization hold on your credit card for $300. That pending charge will fall off in a few days, if it hasn’t already. Until then, that balance of credit extended to you by the card issuer is only unavailable to you. In other words, that’s not your money anyway, it’s $300 of a credit line given to you by a bank that will be made available to you again as soon as the hold clears. You will not have to pay that $300 when your credit card statement comes due. You are not out any money.

Your attitude towards people who tried something and it didnt work is what is entitled. I like how 20%is more reasonable for 40% and we are fools to think we could buy something that was popping up. What if it wasnt a mistake? What if we got it? YOU are the one acting entitled, no one said anything except did you get it or did you not.

Come on. We’re better than this.

giphy.gif

Disney does not have your $300. They put an authorization hold on your credit card for $300. That pending charge will fall off in a few days, if it hasn’t already. Until then, that balance of credit extended to you by the card issuer is only unavailable to you. In other words, that’s not your money anyway, it’s $300 of a credit line given to you by a bank that will be made available to you again as soon as the hold clears. You will not have to pay that $300 when your credit card statement comes due. You are not out any money.
Actually it’s my paypal account. It is MY money, not credit. And yes, I should get it back but for now ( I just checked ) Disney still has it.

I don’t think she thinks we are entitled for trying. She thinks those who think Disney needs to honor the glitch are “entitled”. She’s right. We all knew we likely wouldn’t get it.

Actually it’s my paypal account. It is MY money, not credit. And yes, I should get it back but for now ( I just checked ) Disney still has it.

Are you saying you paid with your cash out of a PayPal balance? Or did you use a Discover card in your PayPal wallet to take advantage of the 5% bonus category? If the former, why would you risk tying up your own cash like that? If the latter, my earlier comment stands.

I don’t think you know what entitled means. I paid for something and I expect the other party to honor THEIR proposed agreement.

I know what entitlement means-
It was an error and everyone knows that who got this deal. There is no law stating a company has to honor a price error.

Are you saying you paid with your cash out of a PayPal balance? Or did you use a Discover card in your PayPal wallet to take advantage of the 5% bonus category? If the former, why would you risk tying up your own cash like that? If the latter, my earlier comment stands.
Seems your bound and determined to judge me unfavorably, so I don’t know how to answer. It’s really none of your business how I paid, however I have already answered this. I don’t have a discover card. And use PayPal all the time.
This is beyond ridiculous. You judge types have fun. I will still be disappointed that a multi billion dollar company didn’t honor the price THEY OFFERED ME. Bye. Enjoy your evening.

I know what entitlement means-
It was an error and everyone knows that who got this deal. There is no law stating a company has to honor a price error.
If everyone knew it was an error and Disney was going to go back on their deal, why even try? Oh, because companies have flash deals all the time that aren’t errors. It was possibly a real offer. But thanks for calling us entitled for being disappointed. So kind of you.

If everyone knew it was an error and Disney was going to go back on their deal, why even try? Oh, because companies have flash deals all the time that aren’t errors. It was possibly a real offer. But thanks for calling us entitled for being disappointed. So kind of you.

There is a common sense saying

If it’s too good to be true it probably is.....

What stores offer 40% off GIFT CARDS-
Maybe merchandise but gift cards no

I’m sorry if I offended you- it’s ridiculous that people think Disney owes them for a mistake. They stood up and admitted a mistake- maybe people need to learn even Disney isn’t perfect (nobody is).

I knew it was all too good to be true and 100% a glitch because an electronic Disney gift card is definitely not a toy that should be discounted 40% off. I wish the 40% off deal was still posted for toys because I have a feeling gift cards were probably included in the exclusion verbiage. Its like when we use RMN and Ebates with our fingers crossed. We hope it goes through, but in the end if it doesn't, it doesn't and we sadly can't do anything about it 😞

I knew it was all too good to be true and 100% a glitch because an electronic Disney gift card is definitely not a toy that should be discounted 40% off. I wish the 40% off deal was still posted for toys because I have a feeling gift cards were probably included in the exclusion verbiage. Its like when we use RMN and Ebates with our fingers crossed. We hope it goes through, but in the end if it doesn't, it doesn't and we sadly can't do anything about it 😞

Plus it's not luke it was just a handful of people that post on the dis, it was posted all over thr place. People already complain that they raise prices so while it'd be nice for those that bought them to actually get them I don't want to pay higher prices for stuff to cover the loss whether it's in the parks, shop disney or the disney store.

Being a huge profit making company doesn't mean they're just going to take a loss on this because they won't lose many, if any customers by canceling. But they may end up with a lot of upset shareholders and board members which is who the company reports to.

Actually that's not entirely true, at least in my case. They put an authorization on my card, send me the gift card and the next day the authorization became a definitive charge. Shortly after, they cancelled the gift card without informing me. No e-mail, no phone call. I contacted them myself. First person I spoke to told me they would issue a new gift card for the one cancelled. :rolleyes: The next person told me it could take 3-5 business days before the payment would be returned to my card.

I don’t think you know what entitled means. I paid for something and I expect the other party to honor THEIR proposed agreement.

Took me less than 1 minute to find this info at this link:
https://help.shopdisney.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015821887-Things-to-Know
“We reserve the right to cancel or modify promotions at any time due to system or typographical error, fraud or other unforeseen problems. We reserve the right to change prices on the site at any time.”

Last edited:

You tried something and it didn’t work. You said it yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter