Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone had any problem with the Disney Gift Card site? I'm transferring balances from one card to another, and first it appears I can't exceed $1000 on a single card (is this true?). Second, I have $1000 on one card, and when I transfer it to another card, it says transferring $1 but the full $1000 transfers. Is this just something I've run into or a quirk of the site??? (freaking out a little here...)
According to the FAQ on Disneygiftcards.com
What is Transfer Balance?
The Transfer Balance page allows you to consolidate your cards. For your convenience, you can transfer card balances from one Disney Gift Card to another. You can transfer any amount up to $1,000, but don't forget that each card can only hold a maximum value of $1,000.

I bought one last night to be sent via mobile but have not received it either but when I go into order under track order, it says its preparing to send. So I will wait until end of the day then send an email to find out why I didnt get it yet.

Thank goodness it isn't just me, not that it's a good thing we're in the same boat. I don't mind I think many have depleted the Disney Cards by now so I'll just hang onto it until they restock the $100's, those are always the first to go. I do have my gift cards from my in-store purchase to go shopping with and the 20% off coupon.

Speak of the devil, mine came through finally. Looking at the time stamp it was right after our exchange here... maybe that helped you guys too! :D

You can only load $1000 per card and when you transfer it will only transfer the full amount.
Thanks. The scary thing is that it only shows $1 transferring even though it has $1000 on it (so for example, I transfer it to a $0.00 card, it says the new balance will be $1, which freaks me out, but the $1000 transfers). I called the number to verify the $1000 is there, and it says it is.

According to the FAQ on Disneygiftcards.com
What is Transfer Balance?
The Transfer Balance page allows you to consolidate your cards. For your convenience, you can transfer card balances from one Disney Gift Card to another. You can transfer any amount up to $1,000, but don't forget that each card can only hold a maximum value of $1,000.

I know it says that but before my last trip I was transferring away and didn't notice and went over the $1000 mark. It went up to $1100. I was a little freaked and didn't add anymore but it did have the $1100 on it. So I don't know...like all Disney IT it tends to have a lot of glitches.

Thanks Y'all,
  • Yesterday purchased $1200 in Target gift cards in $300 increments / 4 transactions online
  • This morning loaded the Target gift cards on the Target mobile App
  • This afternoon purchased (12) $100 Disney gift cards in 4 transactions via self check scanning the Target gift cards in the Target App.

You don't have to split up your Disney purchases into multiple transactions. Just take the stack you want to buy and hand them to a cashier. I've rang up around 100 cards at once. There was the $300 limit on buying the 10% off cards but there is no limit on buying Disney GCs. Also have not found a limit on spending multiple Target GCs at once. You don't have to do all that finagling with ringing up multiple transactions.

Regarding not receiving your Target e- cards, my gmail account is set up as: Primary, Social and Promotions. Typically it would be in my primary. But mine was in promotions shortly after I purchased it. I don't always look at all my promotion emails but was looking for a birthday reward and came across the Target gift card!

You don't have to split up your Disney purchases into multiple transactions. Just take the stack you want to buy and hand them to a cashier. I've rang up around 100 cards at once. There was the $300 limit on buying the 10% off cards but there is no limit on buying Disney GCs. Also have not found a limit on spending multiple Target GCs at once. You don't have to do all that finagling with ringing up multiple transactions.
Some stores impose limits. At self checkout I wouldn't bother. I would not buy 100 cards at a regular register at once. Just my $0.02.

I'm having trouble using the Target gift cards I purchased yesterday with the 10% discount on Disney store cards!! Help! This is the first time I've tried to do this, so hopefully I didn't screw it up. I bought $300 in Target EGift Certs yesterday with the 10% off. We don't have a Target within 3 hours of my house, so online was the only option. Then I tried to use that to purchase the Disney Cards today and I got this error message, "Sorry, you can't use a Target GiftCard to purchase this type of card. Please choose another payment method." If I just spent $300 on Target cards that I can't use for Disney, I am going to be super upset. I wanted to use them for food in the parks. What am I doing wrong???

I'm having trouble using the Target gift cards I purchased yesterday with the 10% discount on Disney store cards!! Help! This is the first time I've tried to do this, so hopefully I didn't screw it up. I bought $300 in Target EGift Certs yesterday with the 10% off. We don't have a Target within 3 hours of my house, so online was the only option. Then I tried to use that to purchase the Disney Cards today and I got this error message, "Sorry, you can't use a Target GiftCard to purchase this type of card. Please choose another payment method." If I just spent $300 on Target cards that I can't use for Disney, I am going to be super upset. I wanted to use them for food in the parks. What am I doing wrong???

I believe there were various earlier posts describing that you could use the 10% off Target GCs to purchase Disney GCs in the brick and mortar stores without a problem, but you couldn't do it online.

I believe there were various earlier posts describing that you could use the 10% off Target GCs to purchase Disney GCs in the brick and mortar stores without a problem, but you couldn't do it online.
So does that mean I can use what I purchased in a physical store to purchase the Disney Cards, or am I just screwed? I'll be somewhere that has a Target store on Friday.

So does that mean I can use what I purchased in a physical store to purchase the Disney Cards, or am I just screwed? I'll be somewhere that has a Target store on Friday.

Should have no problem using your Target GCs in the store to buy Disney GCs.

I went to my Target self-checkout this morning with 25 $100 gift cards. Scanning away doing just fine and the attendant came up to me and said I couldn't purchase all those disney GC and took all the ones I had sitting there that I hadn't scanned yet. I asked why not, and she told me it was a target policy that I could only purchase $200/day. I said I have never heard of this before. She called a manager over and the manager said that the limit is $1000/day and laid my GC back down. I said ok and after she left, picked them back up, scanned them and left with the 25 gift cards I had come in to purchase. I have never had them limit me before, that's crazy.

I went to my Target self-checkout this morning with 25 $100 gift cards. Scanning away doing just fine and the attendant came up to me and said I couldn't purchase all those disney GC and took all the ones I had sitting there that I hadn't scanned yet. I asked why not, and she told me it was a target policy that I could only purchase $200/day. I said I have never heard of this before. She called a manager over and the manager said that the limit is $1000/day and laid my GC back down. I said ok and after she left, picked them back up, scanned them and left with the 25 gift cards I had come in to purchase. I have never had them limit me before, that's crazy.

That is incorrect unless it is a local store policy. A couple weeks ago I purchased $1050 in Disney gift cards at my Target without a problem. I did have to show my ID for purchasing a large amount.

I prefer to use the self check as I didn't have to wait in line and then run the chance of an employee or management that thinks there can enforce corporate policies that don't exist. pixiedust:

I learned about this too late to get my Disney money out of my savings account to buy the discounted target cards, we are cruising in 2019, does anyone remember if target does this every year? I will just wait till next year if this is something they do every year.

I learned about this too late to get my Disney money out of my savings account to buy the discounted target cards, we are cruising in 2019, does anyone remember if target does this every year? I will just wait till next year if this is something they do every year.
They’ve done it at least 3 years in a row now.

4 targets and $1600 in Disney gift cards!

Target 1- $600 at self checkout. The woman there stopped me and told me I couldn’t pay with a gift card. I told her I wanted to try it because it might work. She said no and called a manager. That manager said it’s fine. Didn’t want to draw anymore attention so went to another store.

Target 2- $300- no gift card purchase at self checkout, which was too bad. It was a huge self checkout with only one person watching. I could have finished up my cards there! Went through a normal line, picking the youngest looking employee (she even had a new team member sticker on). No issues at all

Target 3- $500- self checkout. Nobody said anything. Would have bought more but they were out

Target 4- $200 + some groceries- self checkout. I had an old merchandise credit gift card that cannot be used to buy any gift cards (I didn’t have the receipt and returned an old item). The woman at self checkout helped override the system to allow me to use it. I think because I had the groceries she didn’t think of it as a gift card purchase

That is incorrect unless it is a local store policy. A couple weeks ago I purchased $1050 in Disney gift cards at my Target without a problem. I did have to show my ID for purchasing a large amount.
Yes, I knew it was incorrect. If they hadn't of laid the cards back down, I was just going to finish with what I was doing, got some more and gone through a register :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter