Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to Costco yesterday just for baguettes- full cart of sudden Xmas inspiration later & that's the most expensive bread I've ever bought! (My sole accomplishment yesterday was not buying the adorable front yard Xmas moose with its head tangled in Xmas lights, at least I could say I said no to something!)

Full disclosure: Even though I knew that there was a 99.9% chance we would still be with my in-laws until next Spring, last year I bought a yard decoration that was a dog wearing a Santa hat. So I should probably avoid Costco until after Christmas. Because a moose with it's head tangled in lights couldn't not come home with me...

I mean, I at least bought the dog on clearance after Christmas, right? :rotfl:

I bought $600 worth of Disney GC at self-checkout this morning using my Target GC bought yesterday. The employee told me to use the gun to scan the Disney GC. Top barcode first, then bottom. It worked and I paid with my discounted Target cards. The receipt took about one minute to print.
Thank you! I remembered hearing there was a method on how to do self checkout for GCs but couldn't remember what the advice was.

Last year I was able to buy the Disney cards online with the Target gift cards. Today it won't work. Guess I'm off to Target - 25 miles away.

Does anybody know if there is a limit of target gift cards you can use at a checkout to buy Disney gift cards?

I went to Costco yesterday just for baguettes- full cart of sudden Xmas inspiration later & that's the most expensive bread I've ever bought! (My sole accomplishment yesterday was not buying the adorable front yard Xmas moose with its head tangled in Xmas lights, at least I could say I said no to something!)
Now I've got to stop by Costco to see this moose! Hope he doesn't jump in the car with me to come home!

I just picked up 27 $100 Disney gift cards (I held back one $300 Target gift card and I cash it in for Disney in Orlando if we need it) at the self checkout. I did them in $600 increments. I'm glad that someone upthread said that it took a while for the receipt to print! It was a little nerve wracking waiting for the first one to print!

Last edited:
Hmm, I just checked my email and I see my purchase confirmation for my gift card I bought last night but directly under it, it says "Usually arrives in 4 hours" and I haven't received another email displaying a bar code:

upload_2017-12-4_12-8-38.png

I'm in MI, it's 12 noon shouldn't I have received one?

I just purchased $1500 in $100 disney gift cards at self check at Target using my target gift cards. I did three transactions of $500 each. One of them I accidentally scanned the little top barcode and it asked to use the gun to scan the big bar on the card. That was the only one like that. The checker said just to make sure to onlybscan the big bar on the card. So I used my palm to cover the little one in the corner. I had no problem. The first receipt took a while to print but the other two printed right away.

Hmm, I just checked my email and I see my purchase confirmation for my gift card I bought last night but directly under it, it says "Usually arrives in 4 hours" and I haven't received another email displaying a bar code:

View attachment 286750

Same here. I didn't feel like going out again for the last one so I got lazy and did it online about 9pm ET. It says arrives within 4 hours of placing order but no email and it's stuck in 'preparing email' status. Ugh, should have went out. But since the only options online this time were email or mobile I thought it'd be faster to just get it online... target.com proves me wrong again, i really gotta learn my lesson once and for all and stop shopping on the website.

We were pretty busy all day so I finally got down to our nearest target. The plan was to go to electronics, buy one and then go through checkout and buy another and then hit another store for more.

The guy in electronics just rang them all up one by one for me. Meanwhile Amex fraud called and texted asking if I was making the purchase. I texted back '1' for yes and they said proceed. Easy peasy!

View attachment 286750

View attachment 286750

I bought one last night to be sent via mobile but have not received it either but when I go into order under track order, it says its preparing to send. So I will wait until end of the day then send an email to find out why I didnt get it yet.

Same here.

I bought one last night to be sent via mobile but have not received it either but when I go into order under track order, it says its preparing to send. So I will wait until end of the day then send an email to find out why I didnt get it yet.

Thank goodness it isn't just me, not that it's a good thing we're in the same boat. I don't mind I think many have depleted the Disney Cards by now so I'll just hang onto it until they restock the $100's, those are always the first to go. I do have my gift cards from my in-store purchase to go shopping with and the 20% off coupon.

Same here. I didn't feel like going out again for the last one so I got lazy and did it online about 9pm ET. It says arrives within 4 hours of placing order but no email and it's stuck in 'preparing email' status. Ugh, should have went out. But since the only options online this time were email or mobile I thought it'd be faster to just get it online... target.com proves me wrong again, i really gotta learn my lesson once and for all and stop shopping on the website.

Sometimes I used to order various egift cards from them and they never did show up in my email but I could get them to download from the "digital delivery center" https://www.targetecards.com/

I just got back from target. I bought 13 $100 Disney Gift cards at self-checkout. I did them in 4 $300 and 1 $100 increments so that I would only have to use one gift card per transaction. I only had to scan one barcode per gift card. No issues at all!

Has anyone had any problem with the Disney Gift Card site? I'm transferring balances from one card to another, and first it appears I can't exceed $1000 on a single card (is this true?). Second, I have $1000 on one card, and when I transfer it to another card, it says transferring $1 but the full $1000 transfers. Is this just something I've run into or a quirk of the site??? (freaking out a little here...)

Has anyone had any problem with the Disney Gift Card site? I'm transferring balances from one card to another, and first it appears I can't exceed $1000 on a single card (is this true?). Second, I have $1000 on one card, and when I transfer it to another card, it says transferring $1 but the full $1000 transfers. Is this just something I've run into or a quirk of the site??? (freaking out a little here...)

You can only load $1000 per card and when you transfer it will only transfer the full amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter