Disney Express 11th September

Cornish Lad

Mouseketeer
Anybody booked on the Disney Express from MCO on September 11th? We are trying it for the first time instead of using the Virgin transport.

We're booked on Sept 5th. I've used it once before, but that was like 8 or so years ago. We received our luggage tags just a few days ago, but we won't use the baggage pick up service as we're flying direct and have to pick up our bags for customs anyway.

We'll be using a few days earlier on the 8th. Use it every year and it's great. We don't use the free bag pick up either , we just collect our of the caroseul and have them on the same bus as us.
It's easily found on the ground floor and well sign posted with staff doted about to direct you.

We are using it on the 20th for the 4th year - it works fine, I love it! Gets the disney experience going early!

We're booked on Sept 5th. I've used it once before, but that was like 8 or so years ago. We received our luggage tags just a few days ago, but we won't use the baggage pick up service as we're flying direct and have to pick up our bags for customs anyway.
Don't you then put them on the belt after Customs and Disney Pick them up?

Don't you then put them on the belt after Customs and Disney Pick them up?

Yes, that's what the confirmation email says. I just don't see much point in that if we've already picked up our bags. Besides, I like knowing that I have all my stuff with me anyway. We're also staying at POFQ, so it's not like we'll have to take our bags very far when we arrive at the resort.

Yes, that's what the confirmation email says. I just don't see much point in that if we've already picked up our bags. Besides, I like knowing that I have all my stuff with me anyway. We're also staying at POFQ, so it's not like we'll have to take our bags very far when we arrive at the resort.
Ah I see, I've never used it aw we've always got a car :)

We also like to keep our stuff with us and the modern cases are so easy to wheel around it just makes sense to keep them with us once we have got them.

We also like to keep our stuff with us and the modern cases are so easy to wheel around it just makes sense to keep them with us once we have got them.

Exactly. It would be much nicer if we could check in our bags at the resort when the holiday is done, though. Would be so much easier to not have to worry about lugging the bags to the airport. Especially with all the shopping we'll be adding to our bags :rotfl:

Exactly. It would be much nicer if we could check in our bags at the resort when the holiday is done, though. Would be so much easier to not have to worry about lugging the bags to the airport. Especially with all the shopping we'll be adding to our bags :rotfl:
Are you booked with Virgin? If so then you can check your bags in at DS on the morning of departure and they will pick you up from there in the afternoon to get you to the airport.

Are you booked with Virgin? If so then you can check your bags in at DS on the morning of departure and they will pick you up from there in the afternoon to get you to the airport.

No, unfortunately we're not. We're booked with Thomas Cook as they were cheaper than Virgin. But a colleague of my DH did that a few months ago, so I'll be tempted to book with Virgin for a future trip as it sounds very convenient. Not just to not have to haul the bags to the airport, but also being able to spend a few hours at DS without having to worry about making it back to the hotel for ME.

Regarding my comment about Virgin - you can only do this if your return to the airport was booked with them at the time of booking your holiday. We had booked Virgin both ways but subsequently changed our arrival transfer to Magical Express and received a small refund from Virgin. If you went for Magical Express in both directions then you might be able to book Virgin for the final transfer but will probably have to pay a supplement for it.

You can do DS check in for free if you booked with Virgin Holidays. Doesn't matter how you are getting back to the airport.

If you just have a Virgin Flight, you can check in at DS, but for a cost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter