DISNEY DREAM 4 NIGHT 1/12/14-1/16/14 DREAMin' of a vacation at sea!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a good thing our two runners are from different families! :lmao: My DS1 and my DDiL2...So DS2 and DDiL1 can keep the kids. Sulley and I always walk the 5K. My knees do not allow running.

I'm glad it works out nicely for your family. I hope Disney solves this issue before DH and I decide to have kids or it will be WWIII over who gets to run it and who has to run later in the day in the hot hot sun. My Mom also has knee issues and I am going to try and talk her into walking it for this cruise. We will be making a stop in CC in May and she already told me she won't be walking it with me and she won't be getting up early to walk on deck 4. I wonder how sore everyone will be after running the half a few days before!

Oh nooooooooo....

I picked a cruise full of 'fit' people:scared::rotfl:

i'm a happy slug :) has castaway cay had a 5K for some time? how did i miss that lol? (Janet) sailing with my DH and partner in crime (Dave), avid cruisers and travelers in general. We'll have our GD (will be 3 yo then) for her 1st cruise and she's dragging my son & DIL along.;)

We'll be staying onsite the day prior to the cruise, then for a few afterwards either at WDW or 'the darkside'

Would love to dust off my FE, maybe a meet & greet onboard and look forward to a great cruise.

keishashadow said:
Oh nooooooooo....

i'm a happy slug :) has castaway cay had a 5K for some time? how did i miss that lol? (Janet) sailing with my DH and partner in crime (Dave), avid cruisers and travelers in general. We'll have our GD (will be 3 yo then) for her 1st cruise and she's dragging my son & DIL along.;)

We'll be staying onsite the day prior to the cruise, then for a few afterwards either at WDW or 'the darkside'

Would love to dust off my FE, maybe a meet & greet onboard and look forward to a great cruise.

Welcome aboard!!!! I am in no way a member of the "fit club", but I love to run! The 5k has been around forever, but in the last 18 months they started to make it very official....you meet on the ship and get a bib. There is a clock at the start/finish line, and everyone gets a winners medallion.

Our group is around 18 people right now. A bunch of us are running the half marathon the day before the cruise. I'm local to Orlando, but most of our group is traveling from Pennsylvania and Delaware. I think some are staying before the cruise and some are staying after. A couple of them may be staying at the "dark side" as well!!' It's the best way to see the boy who lived and the robots in disguise with no lines!!!!

FE's are going to be awesome!!!! Definitely up for a group meet, maybe on the first day. Group shirts would be awesome!!!! It's always fun to meet the people you've been talking to for 10 months!!!

Oh nooooooooo....

Oh, no, NOT in the fit club at all, no way, uh uh, surely you jest! :rotfl:

My DDiL and DS both run, but DH and I don't at all. Other DS and DDiL also don't run either!
We will be doing FE I think, since we have the four little ones....I think they would get a kick out of it!
We are also doing a pre-sail stay at WDW for a few days. Our youngest DGS has not had his first trip yet ;) He will be 20 months old, the oldest of any of them for a first trip!

Welcome aboard!!!! I am in no way a member of the "fit club", but I love to run! The 5k has been around forever, but in the last 18 months they started to make it very official....you meet on the ship and get a bib. There is a clock at the start/finish line, and everyone gets a winners medallion.

Our group is around 18 people right now. A bunch of us are running the half marathon the day before the cruise. I'm local to Orlando, but most of our group is traveling from Pennsylvania and Delaware. I think some are staying before the cruise and some are staying after. A couple of them may be staying at the "dark side" as well!!' It's the best way to see the boy who lived and the robots in disguise with no lines!!!!

FE's are going to be awesome!!!! Definitely up for a group meet, maybe on the first day. Group shirts would be awesome!!!! It's always fun to meet the people you've been talking to for 10 months!!!

When our DIS group did it back in June 2011, we as a group did up shirts and such. At that time, there was a CM on a bicycle at the starting point and he just kind of showed you the map and off you went. We walked it, we aren't runners as I stated earlier, but we still had great fun. It was a nice walk!!! This time we probably won't since we will have all the grandkids who will wanting to go to the beach!!! :beach:

thanks for the welcome! Oh to live in Florida, so jealous. Think it's at least half-populated by ex-PA peeps. What part of state do we represent? I bleed black and gold.

issues with feet/knees/hips/eyesight (apparantly, i'm slowly falling apart ergo the need to ramp up the travel plans;)) have prevented me from using even my treadmill much over past few years. It sits and laughs at me as i walk past it:rolleyes1. Hoping to sweet talk podiatrist into another cortisone shot before summer travel. One thing i did find via search on the web that might be of some interest to runners here who might have 'bad feet' is the FS6 compression sock. I've been wearing it almost non stop for a month and have noticed a big difference in foot pain.

ps since i did see a simpsons reference earlier, i'll toss it out there that they are installing a Moe's bar at Universal (and something else simpson'y that I forgot being too excited).

Oh nooooooooo....

Welcome! Seems like there are quite a few kids around your GD's age. She is going to love the cruise. My 3 yo niece's first disney cruise in this May and I am so excited to see her reaction! Wait till you see how "fit" the parks will be. We ran the WDW marathon in 2012 and the parks were full of runners, it was the first time I had ever seen anyone else in the gym at the resort. Then a week later, the parks went back to being normal.

Anyone who can run and finish a marathon is a member of the FIT club, sorry to break it to ya buddy. Even if it looks like you are having a heart attack on a spin bike. This part of your group will NOT be staying over at the dark side. I think we will fly down late Thursday night, spend Friday in the parks, run Saturday, then cruise and spend the rest of the time at WDW and fly home that Sunday. Plans are dependant on Operation Baby!

When our DIS group did it back in June 2011, we as a group did up shirts and such. At that time, there was a CM on a bicycle at the starting point and he just kind of showed you the map and off you went. We walked it, we aren't runners as I stated earlier, but we still had great fun. It was a nice walk!!! This time we probably won't since we will have all the grandkids who will wanting to go to the beach!!! :beach:

The shirts sound neat. Do you have a picture in them?

Va-NanaTink said:

When we did out fantasy cruise in April of 2012, that was the first time we noticed the new organization of the race. They now sell "I did it" shirts in the gift shops on the island. I think they retailed for $24.95

We'll have our GD (will be 3 yo then) for her 1st cruise and she's dragging my son & DIL along.;)

We will have our grandkids with us (and their parents)...our granddaughter will be 7, our grandsons will be 4 and 3 and all will be in the clubs. (we also will have our 20 month old grandson, but he won't be in the clubs) I'm looking forward to doing the FE with them. We are staying at WDW for about 4 days before the cruise. Hoping for AKL...right now SSR.

The shirts sound neat. Do you have a picture in them?

Umm, I know i have the graphic somewhere in my files...but I never seem to get a picture to post here correctly. I will see what I can find. I wear it all the time around the house...the picture is beginning to fade....

photo.php

OK...Click on the little box and open in a different window, that should show you the graphic we used. I like "OUR" shirts better than the 'official' shirts.

Hi, everybody. I'll be joining my family on this cruise. I am WVURunner's nephew and Supercruiser's kinda nephew. I am very excited to go on this cruise because it will be my first time riding the Aquaduck. I have only been on the classic ships. This will be my 4th cruise. I love the kid's clubs and spend most of my time in them. I hope my mom takes me to Atlantis. I have been there one time before and enjoyed it but was disappointed that the Leap of Faith was closed.:) I will be reading this thread with excitement as this is my first time on the boards. I hope the 10 months passes quickly!:thumbsup2

Hi, everybody. I'll be joining my family on this cruise. I am WVURunner's nephew and Supercruiser's kinda nephew. I am very excited to go on this cruise because it will be my first time riding the Aquaduck. I have only been on the classic ships. This will be my 4th cruise. I love the kid's clubs and spend most of my time in them. I hope my mom takes me to Atlantis. I have been there one time before and enjoyed it but was disappointed that the Leap of Faith was closed.:) I will be reading this thread with excitement as this is my first time on the boards. I hope the 10 months passes quickly!:thumbsup2

:welcome: It will pass before you know it! :thumbsup2

Aquaduck15 said:
Can't wait till cruise

Neither can I, buddy. We are going to have such a great time! I can't wait to ride the Aquaduck with you and Uncle Michael can't wait to play mid-ship detective agency with you and Jon. Start thinking of what you want to do for FE gifts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter